Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m just looking at Fulham’s transfers and most of the 100m was spent on 4 players. One of them that was already in the team for half a season. 

It’s hard to work out what happened with Fulham without following them. From the outside looking in it seems they sacked their manager too early and should have just stuck with him. 

Without going off topic they had no defensive cohesion and jokanovic wouldn’t change his philosophy oh  and signed 5 players on deadline day .... we’ve been smart and bedded ours in early and signed smartly. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Without going off topic they had no defensive cohesion and jokanovic wouldn’t change his philosophy oh  and signed 5 players on deadline day .... we’ve been smart and bedded ours in early and signed smartly. 

True. We won’t know this part until we see them play though.  

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:50, avfcDJ said:

I still think we will struggle. Sep-November could be bottom 3, then as we adapt we should look to fight our way out. I'd be happy with 17th. Can't see higher than 15th - we need to "bed in"

If Bruce gets Newcastle job, that is one team that will finish below us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hypothetical question here Butland or Pope for the same sort of money ? I know we won’t be able to splash that amount on a keeper perhaps just interested in who people would choose if either was a realistic option ....

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hypothetical question here Butland or Pope for the same sort of money ? I know we won’t be able to splash that amount on a keeper perhaps just interested in who people would choose if either was a realistic option ....

Probably Butland. He's more of a known quantity for me. Always around the Prem/Championship and made over 150 appearances, I know he's a solid keeper and whilst he's probably not going to be good enough for a European club he'll be a good investment and a good player for us.

The same could maybe be said about Pope but he's played 35 games in the last 3 years. He's always been good when I've seen him but that's not a lot of Game time and I'd never seen him before Burnley. Could be very good too, always has been when I've seen him but I'd go for Butland.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

6cefaf547653b95c7c5251219082e90856892e32

Sometimes I read these threads on VT and think of seaside humour and the old Carry On movies. So, we need a new version - Carry On Up The Villa

I'm sure the more creative-minded folk will think of character names :D

Edited by Villarocker
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Sometimes I read these threads on VT and think of seaside humour and the old Carry On movies. So, we need a new version - Carry On Up The Villa

In all fairness.. your idea is good but about 8 years too late. :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Charles Hawtrey?

18 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

More appropriate for small heath, imo. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

fox news GIF

• Like 1

I’d love Maupay. I have my reservations about Wesley, so it is imperative that we bring in somebody that can push him and perhaps replace him if he isn’t playing well.

Maupay is settled in this country and knows Smith. He works extremely hard and is a nasty little b****** along with it.

I think he is a better all round player than Kodjia who just can’t play the way Smith requires (high energy, pressing).

Just give them 30 million for both Maupay and Benrahma and move on to the RW/GK positions.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d love Maupay. I have my reservations about Wesley, so it is imperative that we bring in somebody that can push him and perhaps replace him if he isn’t playing well.

Maupay is settled in this country and knows Smith. He works extremely hard and is a nasty little b****** along with it.

I think he is a better all round player than Kodjia who just can’t play the way Smith requires (high energy, pressing).

Just give them 30 million for both Maupay and Benrahma and move on to the RW/GK positions.

Agreed

I think we need another striker and Maupay might be the right fit.It might take time for Wes to settle and having some other striking options may help to ease some of the pressure on him especially as he doesn’t seem to be prolific.

I would keep Kodja he provides continuity and can play in different positions .His main weakness is his work rate but last season he chipped in with some crucial goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Jokanovic shouldn't have had to change his philosophy, they should have stuck with him while he tried to bring the squad together. They signed 5 players on deadline day, absolutely mental. It's July, we've not played a game yet and we are almost there. 

Schurrle was an odd one too. Vanity signing. I haven't seen anything like that from us yet. 

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

If Bruce gets Newcastle job, that is one team that will finish below us 

The teams I hope we can finish above

Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth.

Underlined: we stay up if above at least 3 those.

• Like 1

Linked with West Ham too, but I'm hoping that they will want some bigger names than Maupay. They are also linked with Haller and Higuain so fingers crossed they will move for them and we can sign Maupay.

I can't see Benhrahma happening, but if we can bring in a GK (???), Winger (Trezeguet) and Striker (Maupay) I think it would be an excellent window. Signing Benrahma as well would be incredible.