Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wouldn't feel overly happy with that tbh, konsa has potential but unsure if that would immediately translate to the prem.

Hause and konsa as backup would be great, just not sure about konsa at first 11 immediately.

I agree he would be good back up but I am assuming we already had Chester and Hause for that?

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Cover? We have 1 starting centre half. Hause will cover centre half and left back from the bench. Chester is a crock and not good enough. We're in big trouble if we dont get another 1, hopefully 2 centre halves.

You think it's then a case of Chester out and Konsa in, leaving us still needing to sign that 1st team CB who has the experience and quality that is needed?

Jesse Joronen been linked with turning us down .... Finnish  GK....  here have some agent generated clickbait to waste sone time before we #announceinsertplayersnamehere 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-approach-international-keeper-16562325

Aston Villa failed in their approach for Copenhagen goalkeeper Jesse Joronen, according to reports.

The 26-year-old is expected  to complete a move to Serie A side Brescia in the coming days.

Italian journalist Gianluca di Marzio has reported that the Finnish international has opted for a switch to the Italian top flight side after rejecting proposals from Villa .

in relation to Konsa, i kinda dont believe it, yesterday we were "finalising" a Heaton deal, which was actually false, now we get another report saying "advanced talks for Konsa".....im reluctant to believe these stories now unless i see something saying its "done".

the press seem to have literally zero idea what we are doing in the transfer market until its basically completed, at which point it gets reported as a "done deal".

Edited by MaVilla

Haha. If anyone thinks any player will pick Brescia over us they need their heads examined. Would never happen. I imagine the wages at Brescia are less than what he could recieve in a struggling championship side 

44 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I just think that will be an awful lot of money for a position where we have cover. Cahill isn’t right for the direction we are looking to go in. We need a DM, pretty urgently I’d say. Perhaps someone that can cover another position as well - such as CB. 

Got to be Phillips, then😅

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You think it's then a case of Chester out and Konsa in, leaving us still needing to sign that 1st team CB who has the experience and quality that is needed?

Yes. 100%. Mings is a potential legend but has had his share of injuries. If we lose him, its Hause in. Still very young and inexperienced. Likewise Konsa, if there is any truth in it. Chester is not a PL player in my opinion and may never play again.

We definitely need another 2 centre halves. You might see why people are saying Cahill makes sense. Especially with maybe 2 younger defenders in the group.

• Thanks 1

Why would we take Axel back? Not without a deal agreed and that contract he signed makes that a non starter. If he signed the contract just to get Man Utd more money they can do one.

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Reports today ( don't know how credible ) that Man Utd will allow Tuanzebe to return on a season long loan!

No.

No.

No.

......No.

• Like 1