Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Trezeguet is a rough diamond... with the right attitude & coaching he could become a cracking player for us if he signs .... posted this previously from a Egyptian football expert... 

"Mahmoud Hassan 'Trezeguet' is a workhorse with pace, technique, and an eye for goal, which is essential for modern wingers.

"He has also proven to be extremely useful on the counter, which could come handy for many Premier League clubs who struggle under pressure.

"Overall, I believe he has the skill set to succeed in England with the right coaching."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mahmoud-trezeguet-afcon-aston-villa-16521905.amp

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm going with 80-90% of paper rumours are completely made up like every season as long as I can remember

And the 10-20% are just lucky hits.

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm going with 80-90% of paper rumours are completely made up like every season as long as I can remember

I don't think its even that, I think clubs, agents, players, sponsors, its all a huge game, especially now you throw in social media and traffic and stuff like that

ultimately I think either through a player sale, a new contract, a new deal somewhere along the line pretty much 99.99% of transfer rumours end up putting money in an agent's pocket, 80% of them put money in the coffers of whoever the journalist is working for

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Trezeguet is a rough diamond... with the right attitude & coaching he could become a cracking player for us if he signs .... posted this previously from a Egyptian football expert... 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mahmoud-trezeguet-afcon-aston-villa-16521905.amp

Would make sense as our right back Gilbert is meant to be a bit gungho so would provide the cover if he went on the overlap.

If we were to get konsa that would take our spending to circa £75mill... based on paper rumours Trezeguet will cost £8mill taking us to around £83-85mill on 8 players... Butland loan to buy £10million or another keeper plus £20mill on Phillips takes us to around .... £115million leaving us with a few mill for a back up striker, Bayliss & Dan Happe .... Squad with options & quality .... now back to the real world .... #announcephillips #announcebutland #announceleao

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Davis shouldn’t be sold. Give him a season on loan and a season in the Prem and he could be worth £30m, based on today’s market!

If we loan him to Bristol City for a season he'll be worth £50m by the time we take him back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Would make sense as our right back Gilbert is meant to be a bit gungho so would provide the cover if he went on the overlap.

Trezeguet may be right footed but he plays on the left wing, as he's dangerous cutting inside from that flank.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm guessing £20m?

According to Sky Sports there's a £12m release clause:

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11681/11755940/fulham-keen-to-sign-brentford-centre-back-ezri-konsa

Fulham are interested in signing defender Ezri Konsa from west London rivals Brentford, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites have made strengthening at centre-back a priority this summer and would prefer to sign Konsa on loan.

The 21-year-old, who has two years left on his Bees contract plus the option of a further year, is also being tracked by a host of Premier League clubs.

There have been reports that Wolves are interested, but Sky Sports News has been told that is not the case.

Konsa's contract is understood to contain a release clause in the region of £12m, but the Bees have other contractual protections in place should that be activated.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Freeing up Lolley?  :)

i do hope they dont plan for Adomah to replace Lolley........if thats the case whichever scout proposed that needs to be locked in a dark room :)

Konsa will be a good CB after working with JT for a season, but he's too risky as a first choice CB right now.

He would be decent cover, but he'll be far too expensive to buy for the bench.

Webster would be a perfect fit and worth paying over the top for. Webster and Mings with Hause and Chester as cover and it's sorted.

Philips will sign for us soon (I can feel it in my water), and with him protecting Mings and Webster, with Targett and Guilbert flanking them we would be a really solid defensive unit.

I still think we might sign Butland as Stoke surely have to sell him now that they've bought Adam Davies. The Heaton rumours might well drive JB's price down.

Trezeguet is a damn good left winger, but if we buy him I don't see him hitting the ground running. I watched him in four matches for Egypt and he would forge a strong link up partnership with Wesley, but he needs to improve his conditioning and things like tracking back. He should be up to speed after a few months of hard work at BMH though.

Benrahma won't be fit in time to start the season after his ankle operation, but he's my top choice for the wide man that we still need. I'm dreaming of seeing him link up with Grealish, McGinn, Philips and El Ghazi, with Wesley batting defenders out of the way in front of them!

I thought I'd put all my thoughts into a compilation while I'm waiting for the next signing to be announced! (the next one in will be Philips imo)😀