Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I heard he was back in full training. If that is true then he would be able to take part in a full pre-season and 'hit the ground running'. 

Where are you hearing it? I keep looking but I’m not seeing much, but sometimes sifting through news/twitter is needle and haystack stuff. I assumed he was doing physical therapy but if he’s healthy enough to fully train wouldn’t he be with the Algerian squad?

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think we will sign Butland, Philips and Cahill.

Cahill is crap. Totally exposed since Terry/Ivanovic were no longer there to hold his hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Pathetic. I mean, who on earth would make things up and post it on the internet to come across ITK - it's not even Wednesday.

Worse than VillaReport.

I don't get the Villa Report dig, all they do is just re-post news from media outlets and quote the respective source.

And no, I don't run Villa Report! 

🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wedge said:

I don't get the Villa Report dig, all they do is just re-post news from media outlets and quote the respective source.

And no, I don't run Villa Report! 

🤣

Yeah, they are probably the most useful account on Twitter. Saves you having to click on the pathetic, embarrassing, cringeworthy clickbait articles.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I saw sander Berge mentioned in the Phillips thread ... know nothing about him, can any of our Norwegian fans shed any light on him and whether he could be a success in the Prem.. ? Transfermarkt has his value down as almost £20mill though is that realistic ? 

I’ve been talking about him for a while already. I think he’s very good, potentially great. Strong, quick, extremely intelligent, can pass. I think he’ll move for about 20m sooner rather than later but I’d be surprised if it was to us. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

You're comparing apples with oranges the whole way through here.

Phillips has had several good spells for Leeds before last season, and has 150+ league appearances. He's clearly ready to compete in the Premier League. Butland is 2nd choice England keeper, loads of PL experience, and given keepers typically play to age 35/36, he has another 10 years of his career left.

Daniel James is a great prospect, but at 21 with 33 league appearances to his name he's clearly more of a gamble. Nobody knows how he'll deal with setbacks, how he can adapt to different systems, whether his body can handle a full season of matches, etc. Also Swansea seem to have offloaded him at the first sign of interest. That's why he's available for £15m.

You also don't know what add-ons, wages, bonuses, etc. are written into the deals. Purslow is no mug, and I doubt anyone is pulling our pants down, even if some of the fees look a bit scary. The proof is in the pudding - let's see how things look at the end of this season, but I strongly believe we will be seen as one of the clubs who did good business.

I cba to address all these points/players so I’ll just leave it, and we’ll go with that I don’t think that £70m is ‘cheap’ for 3 Prem players and you do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KHV said:

Cahill is crap. Totally exposed since Terry/Ivanovic were no longer there to hold his hand.

I feel I have to respond to this. The year Chelsea last won the league Cahill made 34 starts in the league. 

Terry started 3 games and Ivanovic left the club. 

So how on earth was he exposed without them?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

So has our resident scout @Villan4Life watched Dan Happe at Leyton Orient?

20 y.o CB, apparently both Leeds and Spurs are looking at him and he is available for next to nothing.

Supposedly a big talent?

We need more players and especially CB's

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel I have to respond to this. The year Chelsea last won the league Cahill made 34 starts in the league. 

Terry started 3 games and Ivanovic left the club. 

So how on earth was he exposed without them?

The fappening?

Was a lot of that around then from what I remember.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Okay, I have to confess I made it up, but please share the response from your ITK anyway, as it will help to pass the time while we wait for them to announce Mings.

Bad news, my inside person is on the editing only and hasn't heard of Tyrone Mings.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

So has our resident scout @Villan4Life watched Dan Happe at Leyton Orient?

20 y.o CB, apparently both Leeds and Spurs are looking at him and he is available for next to nothing.

Supposedly a big talent?

We need more players and especially CB's

Nope, never watched him mate I will next season live at some point though. If at orient Or another club if he transfers 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1