Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 hours ago, Mazrim said:

What if we we're in the Prem and pay him a shitload. And his club buy some other overpriced gobshites?

He has never given any indication that he wanted to leave Man U.

The only thing is, if he felt he was not going to get games for them, he would presumably move.

He still has flaws in his game, which might work to our advantage; good enough for us, not good enough for MU.

That's just how it is at the moment.

42 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The only thing is, if he felt he was not going to get games for them, he would presumably move.

He still has flaws in his game, which might work to our advantage; good enough for us, not good enough for MU.

He will be in the last year of his contract at Utd next season.  Probably more gettable than we think.  

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:35, ferguson1 said:

Hastie of Motherwell has agreed to join Rangers this summer.  Shame, was hoping we'd be interested.   Would like a couple more McGinn bargains from north of the border. 

Turnball, also at Motherwell is apparently the best youth product at the club currently and has posted some impressive stats in his first full season. Scored 12 goals I think and a few assists. By all accounts he will be the next big Scottish talent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Brownhill from Bristol and Pearson from Preston?

Why not throw in Windass from Wigan, Mitchell from Milwall and Robertson from Rotherham while we’re at it?!

Windass truly is one of the most unfortunate names I've heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Windass truly is one of the most unfortunate names I've heard.

It could be worse, we could sign a player called Shitarse.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

IF we go up, I wonder if Man Utd will do what they did with Johnstone. Extend his contract and give us another season long loan. To me, that would be one of the rare scenarios where we genuinely have a win-win loan.

We probably don't have the money to buy all of our loan players AND strengthen in other areas (squad players to replace dross, new winger to replace Adomah/Green, new DM to rotate with (or replace) Whelan), so keeping some of the current players on an extended loan would be a good move.

We'd be keeping a solid unit together, spending very little money and seeing how they play in the Prem. The loaning club would benefit because their player gets Premier League game time, they still own the asset and if he played well enough, they would have a better indication of whether he could cut it with them.

7 hours ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Think there are a few clubs looking at Tuanzebe just now. I know for definite that Gerrard has had him watched for Rangers.

No way he goes there. Massive step down. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If we would go up, how about taking huge loans from chinese banks, buy this seasons top scorers and then gamble on reaching the Champions League in two seasons or go in to administration?

I wouldn't mind Salah and Aguero. Think they'd enjoy playing with Whelan. 

• Haha 3

Would love someone like Daniel James if we go up. Leeds nearly got him in January and very impressed by how he played on his Wales debut in March.

Heard he's out of contract at Swansea although they'd obviously get a fair bit for him in a tribunial.

Could be a new Ashley Young type player for us.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hopefully we are watching David Turnbull of Motherwell. 13 goals in 28 games in midfield this season. He is 19 years old.

Probably Scotland's brightest young talent and could easily do a John McGinn down here.

I see Rangers heavily targetting his team mate Jake Hastie.

I would have both at Villa. We'd have 3 McGinn's then.  ;)

• Haha 1

On 03/05/2019 at 12:10, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

I know for definite that Gerrard has had him watched for Rangers.

That's some forward planning.  I would say it's at least 12 years before he thinks of retiring to Scotland. 

• Haha 2