Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Wasn't Zat Knight and Micah Richards both Villa fans?

I remember Zat Knight definitely was. Not sure about Micah Richards. Wiki states he was born in Birmingham though so could be. 

Irrespective of whether they are Villa fans or not, Bowen and Lolley would both be good signings. Our wide players are probably going to be the biggest upgrade in the summer. I suspect Smith will keep Green and El Ghazi though so the 4 of them would be excellent. If Kodjia stays he can be used up top as a good squad/back up as a minimum. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I remember Zat Knight definitely was. Not sure about Micah Richards. Wiki states he was born in Birmingham though so could be. 

Irrespective of whether they are Villa fans or not, Bowen and Lolley would both be good signings. Our wide players are probably going to be the biggest upgrade in the summer. I suspect Smith will keep Green and El Ghazi though so the 4 of them would be excellent. If Kodjia stays he can be used up top as a good squad/back up as a minimum. 

Yeah I've not seen enough of either Bowen nor Lolley to say.

Would that be for the PL or Championship?

Green, El Ghazi, Bowen and Lolley seem like a very unexperienced group of wide players to go into the PL with.

Fun if it works thou.

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think people underestimate the morale and fight "Villa fans" are bringing. I think Dean would be keen too.

Obviously they would have to have quality too, but it is a given they fight that much harder for the cause.

From what I have seen of Lolley, he looks a good player and I agree about the fight harder aspect. Bowen has been touted as a Premier League player for a while but can't say I've seen too much of him myself.
I don't think you'd get either for less than 15m, not in today's market.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Wasn't Zat Knight and Micah Richards both Villa fans?

Zat Knight was and I have no hard feelings towards him as he always put the effort in but just wasn't up to the level we needed. 

Micah Richards is a ****.

needs smarter scouting / buying

bowen and lolley would cost double what el ghazi cost and he would still probably be better than both, 15 - 20m on championship wingers at decent ages that if we don't do well will probably stay with us for the drop but realistically would come with little resale value and would do well to see out a 5 year contract with us

I would hope that we could find better

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I live in the town Jarrod comes from and am friends with people that know him well. 

His dad is a villa fan but I don't think a season ticket holder. Jarrod is NOT a villa fan, I think he had man utd shirts growing up but doesn't really follow them, he just loves the game. 

Ive seen this rumour a few times now and just wanted to put it to bed. Not picking on you individually villan4life.

He wore his Villa shirt indoors and the Man Utd shirts covered up his Villa tattoos. 

He's die hard. 

The players we have on long contract are a very good start, at Prem level or down here. 

If down here it's a great spine to try for automatics next time. If Prem, it's good enough to build on to stay up and continue the investment over the net few years.

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I've not seen enough of either Bowen nor Lolley to say.

Would that be for the PL or Championship?

Green, El Ghazi, Bowen and Lolley seem like a very unexperienced group of wide players to go into the PL with.

Fun if it works thou.

Either league IMO. Bowen is being touted as a Prem player and likely to get the move in the summer, so unlikely to get if still in Championship. Lolley definitely good enough for Championship as he has proven throughout his career. Prem is different, think he could make the step up, particularly with Smith coaching and the fact he is a Villa fan. 

It is a young/inexperienced group of wide players, but I think it is one of those positions that youth can excel in rather than say CB. There is a lot of potential there that's for sure and as you say, fun if it works! 

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From what I have seen of Lolley, he looks a good player and I agree about the fight harder aspect. Bowen has been touted as a Premier League player for a while but can't say I've seen too much of him myself.
I don't think you'd get either for less than 15m, not in today's market.

Obligatory youtube video.

Looks quick and skillful.

Also never seen him play myself mate.

• Like 1

At first I thought only one assist, probably shoots at every opportunity. However watching that video he creates loads of chances but his team mates can't finish. Assists would be in double figures playing for us! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Junxs said:

At first I thought only one assist, probably shoots at every opportunity. However watching that video he creates loads of chances but his team mates can't finish. Assists would be in double figures playing for us! 

Same with grealish half the time, assist stat doesn't reflect the chances created stat 

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think we'll surprise a lot of people with the players we'll be targeting this summer, regardless of the league we're playing in next season.  

Hope we don't go the Fulham route.

DM, LB and a winger or 2 are absolutely crucial. But anything more than that, I hope we don't go too crazy. We have a very good spine, assuming we retain our loan players for next season.

Mings    Tuanzebe

McGinn         Grealish

El Ghazi

Abraham

Is a better spine than most bottom half PL teams I'd reckon. We should try to build around it and not try to overhaul. We've got decent bench options as well. Like you say I think we're in for a pleasant surprise on the transfer front next season.

• Like 2