Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Gary Gardner? Really? Not now mate. He's found his level.

New DM will probably be some gem French African kid from the continent and the winger Daniel James, Jarrod Bowen or both.

Ideally either Bowen or Lolley for the winger. DM could be anyone really. Someone who's mobile, decent passer and can get stuck in. Could even be Axel in time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gardner as the DM? Would be a great story if it did happen, Green as the winger? Would be great for us and the academy

He was kissing their badge the other day by all accounts.  I mean if that's not a p*** take I don't know what is - he's still our bloody player!

As @Mazrim says, he's where he belongs, leave him there.

• Like 2

Said it yesterday we have to go for Phillips when we beat Leeds to promotion . Him & McGinn would be tireless in the centre and both can play. I reckon Rico Henry is a fair shout @ LB . Hopefully tie up Mings & El Ghazi . Hause & Guilbert sealed. Dream Axel (loan?) if not McKenna or Suso special?! Abraham’s🤔 unconvinced at the £€$ he would cost ... Maupay a better option perhaps IMO .... Or both ?! A winger or two from Bowen/Clarke/James + a Suso special out of no where and hey presto ... Mid table 2020 here we come . ... UTV ! 

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He was kissing their badge the other day by all accounts.  I mean if that's not a p*** take I don't know what is - he's still our bloody player!

Personally, I’d have him back, he’s been great for them I think, whenever I’ve seen him, he’s just beginning to show what he’s capable of after all of his injuries 

4 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'm positive he's a Blues fan.  I know he said he's a Villa fan many times in the past, but this entire video is filled with inside jokes and look how Jack instantly starts laughing when Gardner opens his Villa sheet set.  It doesn't make sense that if he is an actual Villa fan that his gift is the only non-funny inside joke gift.

Seeing as we seem to have something of a penchant for signing players scouted under previous regimes what about Diawara of Napoli for DM? We were reported to be looking at getting him in when DiMatteo was manager and he was at Bologna.

He hasn't played that many games for Napoli this season and is currently out with muscular problems which might make him more affordable / gettable. He has good feet, pace and a good pass on him which might suit our style. Only a possibility if we were in the prem. 

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Anyone know anything about him?

Not really, he's pretty fast but far from prolific when it come to scoring.

Can play LW as well.

Whatever division we end up in next season I hope we don't go for the "sign a Championship players dream team" strategy again.

I we fail to get promoted it will be too expensive, and if we are promoted we can attract better players from other places.

Not against picking up the odd player from here, but it should not be where we focus.

• Like 1

On the "One for the future" account we really should send scouts to watch IFK Göteborg in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

There are a few really interesting young players there with 17 y.o striker  Benjamin Nygren getting the big headlines because he's scoring goals and getting assists.

But the guy we should really look at is 18 y.o CM Alhassan Yusuf.

Still young and unfinished of course and still early into his first season of senior football, but my god he looks interesting.

He's good with the ball, really fast and covers more ground than should be possible. 

Last night it looked like IFK had N'Golo Kanté in midfield, he was outstanding. Can't find any detailed stats but the number of times he won the ball, closed down opponents and broke up play was ridiculous. And as I said, he's good with the ball.

Just need to bulk up a few kg's and he'll be heading to the bigger leagues.

Please scout him Villa!

Edit: Him being Nigerian might present some issues, work around it if so.

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

On the "One for the future" account we really should send scouts to watch IFK Göteborg in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

There are a few really interesting young players there with 17 y.o striker  Benjamin Nygren getting the big headlines because he's scoring goals and getting assists.

But the guy we should really look at is 18 y.o CM Alhassan Yusuf.

Still young and unfinished of course and still early into his first season of senior football, but my god he looks interesting.

He's good with the ball, really fast and covers more ground than should be possible. 

Last night it looked like IFK had N'Golo Kanté in midfield, he was outstanding. Can't find any detailed stats but the number of times he won the ball, closed down opponents and broke up play was ridiculous. And as I said, he's good with the ball.

Just need to bulk up a few kg's and he'll be heading to the bigger leagues.

Please scout him Villa!

Edit: Him being Nigerian might present some issues, work around it if so.

not a chance would get a work permit unless he was to become a Nigeria regular soon

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not a chance would get a work permit unless he was to become a Nigeria regular soon

So we loan him back to IFK for a season or invent an Italian uncle for him.

Or give em a suitcase full of money under the table.

Other clubs never seem to have issues we do when signing players.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So we loan him back to IFK for a season or invent an Italian uncle for him.

Or give em a suitcase full of money under the table.

Other clubs never seem to have issues we do when signing players.

Took us 3 years to sign Kalinic who was a Croatian international and who was an EU country at the time. the only way you can get a work permit is if you are an exceptional talent

Sure Bielsa needed a work permit at Leeds and only really got it when Pochettino gave him a written reference

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Took us 3 years to sign Kalinic who was a Croatian international and who was an EU country at the time. the only way you can get a work permit is if you are an exceptional talent

Sure Bielsa needed a work permit at Leeds and only really got it when Pochettino gave him a written reference

Slightly different rules for u21 players thou.

But yeah not saying it will be easy.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Slightly different rules for u21 players thou.

But yeah not saying it will be easy.

just reading the rules and the only way to really get around it is if we pay more 10 million for him and pay him over 40k a week 

A lot of the Chelsea players they signed from abroad with no EU passports have been dumped at clubs in Europe or left in limbo as they wont make it

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

just reading the rules and the only way to really get around it is if we pay more 10 million for him and pay him over 40k a week 

A lot of the Chelsea players they signed from abroad with no EU passports have been dumped at clubs in Europe or left in limbo as they wont make it

Well IFK could sure use £10m right now, their economy is in the dump :D