Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

43 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Kompany makes like 200k a week. Milner is on £120,000 a week. No one on that list is signing for us. 

Jack Grealish is reportedly on £70k a week. We would definitely sign the right player on £100k a week if he were to present himself, especially on a short term deal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jack Grealish is reportedly on £70k a week. We would definitely sign the right player on £100k a week if he were to present himself, especially on a short term deal. 

Sorry, but I just don't believe that...  At the height of Lerner's spending stupidity, Gabby was one of our highest earners at £70k/week in the Premier League.  No way Jack is on that in the Championship.  I would believe his contract might rise to that level if we were to get promoted this season, but I find that very hard to believe for a Championship player to be on that much.  

These threads are gold dust. I always look forward to the new one. Seeing people talking about signing Felix or Kompany reminds me of that time someone suggested that we shouldn't sign Wes Hoolahan because we should be picking up Isco instead. 

Great entertainment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 07/05/2019 at 16:02, sne said:

Out of contract 11 according to SKY

skysports-out-of-contract-xi_4656887.jpg

It's going to be Balotelli isn't it. 

6 year deal at £150k per week. 

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Sorry, but I just don't believe that...  At the height of Lerner's spending stupidity, Gabby was one of our highest earners at £70k/week in the Premier League.  No way Jack is on that in the Championship.  I would believe his contract might rise to that level if we were to get promoted this season, but I find that very hard to believe for a Championship player to be on that much.  

I know for a fact JT was on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's going to be Balotelli isn't it. 

6 year deal at £150k per week. 

I've always had a self sadistic want for Balotelli in a Villa shirt.

No particular reason.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've always had a sadistic want for Balotelli in a Villa shirt.

No particular reason.

I think that’s more masochistic......

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Anyone seen this guy play?

Would be a pretty sweet signing if he has the positive aspects of Özil's game, but lack the negative ones.

Report: Aston Villa and West Brom want 'new Ozil' Erkan Eyibil

Mainz's Bundesliga wonderkid Erkan Eyibil wants to play in the Premier League amid links with Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.

Midland rivals Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion are going head-to-head to sign the ‘new Mesut Ozil’ this summer, according to Turkish Football.

There is certainly a reason why Mainz starlet Erkan Eyibil has been compared to Arsenal’s £42 million number 10.

Like Ozil, Eyibil is a Turkish-born, left-footed attacking midfielder who has honed his considerable talents in German football. The teenager has a remarkable record at youth level too, scoring 15 goals in 19 games for Mainz’s second string.

Five of those have come in his last two games.

And, according to Turkish Football, he has caught the eye of both Aston Villa and West Brom, who will surely be encouraged by the fact that Eyibil has yet to extend a contract which expires in 2020.

Mainz’s prized asset is keen to play in the Premier League in the near future so this provides an extra subplot to what is likely to be a thrilling play-off battle. Aston Villa and West Brom will meet in the semi-finals with a place at Wembley at stake.

SEE ALSO: Report: Aston Villa 'poised' to complete first summer signing; 23-year-old nears permanent move

West Ham and Newcastle United have also been linked with Eyibil by Turkish Football.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/08/report-aston-villa-and-west-brom-want-new-ozil-erkan-eyibil/

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

These threads are gold dust. I always look forward to the new one. Seeing people talking about signing Felix or Kompany reminds me of that time someone suggested that we shouldn't sign Wes Hoolahan because we should be picking up Isco instead. 

Great entertainment. 

I reckon its only a matter of days before we discuss the Januzaj loan.

I can't wait!

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I reckon its only a matter of days before we discuss the Januzaj loan.

I can't wait!

I'm more stoked about discussing which former players of ours we can get back.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'm more stoked about discussing which former players of ours we can get back.

Let's just go now:

Albrighton, Milner, Clark, Benteke, Young, Stevens, Veretout, Ghana. Not sure we can tempt Gollini as he looks likely to be playing CL football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Let's just go now:

Albrighton, Milner, Clark, Benteke, Young, Stevens, Veretout, Ghana. Not sure we can tempt Gollini as he looks likely to be playing CL football. 

Amavi as well, we need a LB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Villa return to the Premier League and our new Owners want to make a statement of intent:

They Bring Bale back to English Football

:):):)

OK I was just joining in with our wild transfer predicitons

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KMitch said:

Gabby being on £70k ten years ago is probably equivalent to £100k now, it’s inflation plus the general expectation of footballers, so it all moves forwards/upwards over such a timescale.

• Like 1

We've got Guilbert for next season no matter the division.

Two more we should be looking at are the two Luton full-backs Jack Stacey and James Justin.

I'll be appalled if we spend £7m on Tavernier. I don't think we will.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2