Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If we would go up, how about taking huge loans from chinese banks, buy this seasons top scorers and then gamble on reaching the Champions League in two seasons or go in to administration?

It's hard to see what could go wrong really. 

I think we should go for it but only if we get a manager with a proven track record of achieving Champions League qualification, say Jose Mourinho (even if he failed to achieve it in recent years with a shoe in club to achieve this and his football looks a little out of date now) 

• Like 1

GuttedI hope we are interested in him as I have been banging on about him for few years on here. As you all know I am a massive fan of his.....

Newcastle are close to bidding for Tom Bayliss of Coventry.

I do not want to get to carried away with suggestions of players we should go for IF we go back up.

But I would make Cheeky phone calls to out of Contract James Milner & Vincent Kompany if they did become free agents and we made it.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do not want to get to carried away with suggestions of players we should go for IF we go back up.

But I would make Cheeky phone calls to out of Contract James Milner & Vincent Kompany if they did become free agents and we made it.

I said Komp, some days ago and got shit down by someone on here because they wanted Cahill instead, would rather have Komp myself.

I say let's get back at spurs for there disrespectful attempt of buying Grealish and offer 5 mill for Harry..

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I said Komp, some days ago and got shit down by someone on here because they wanted Cahill instead, would rather have Komp myself.

Kompany far less likely to pay a full season, picks up more injuries these days (understandably).

How about if we go up and splash the cash on this present for captain Grealish? 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Kompany far less likely to pay a full season, picks up more injuries these days (understandably).

How about if we go up and splash the cash on this present for captain Grealish? 😀

For me, on a one year deal his experience would be vital on our first season back*.

That said, it is still ambitious either eay as he will no doubt be offered a deal from a team playing Eurpoean football next season.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No Chanpionship or PL experience.

Much better we go for Steward Downing.

Knows the club and will probably only want a 2 or 3 year contract.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Felix is probably the brightest (under the radar) star in football, and Benfica are rumoured to have a clause of £150 on him. I was lucky enough to watch him live in Lisbon earlier this year and I was amazed by him. He is a Man City/PSG/Real star in the making. 

It's more likely we are signing Critiano Ronaldo. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 3

Not really under the radar anymore, every top club in the world has scouted him all season and he's been absolutely dominant in the Europa League.

he will go to wolves in a move that isn't ropey at all and they will spend all their time on social media telling us how he's definitely staying there when they win the CL rather than using them as a stepping stone and comparing his stats to neil taylor and claiming he's a better player

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he will go to wolves in a move that isn't ropey at all and they will spend all their time on social media telling us how he's definitely staying there when they win the CL rather than using them as a stepping stone and comparing his stats to neil taylor and claiming he's a better player

Nah, he's already at a point where Mendes don't need to use Wolves as a stepping stone to earn him that big move.

He will go to Man C for the buy out clause.

But then again I guess Mendes will get even more money if he moves this summer, and then again the summer after...

that's what i was thinking, interim move to develop a little bit before his big big move, PSG or city or real etc would see him as a 10 year investment, that's no good for mendes

I was only half joking about wolves, wouldn't be a bad move for him at this age rather than trying to be an instant starter at a mega club 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Felix is probably the brightest (under the radar) star in football, and Benfica are rumoured to have a clause of £150 on him. I was lucky enough to watch him live in Lisbon earlier this year and I was amazed by him. He is a Man City/PSG/Real star in the making. 

It's more likely we are signing Critiano Ronaldo

Is that his brother?

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

I'm all for him yes, he looks like he has it all, how much would he cost?? how old is he??

Just now, Dave-R said:

I'm all for him yes, he looks like he has it all, how much would he cost?? how old is he??

Only £150 m :D

He's 19

1 minute ago, sne said:

Only £150 m :D

He's 19

Well its not as if we couldn't afford if we went up, would make a statement that the Owners are serious serious. I spose it all comes down to how bad the Owners want to win football silverware or whether they want to make money, I doubt it's the latter.

He's young, looks exciting, he has sexy written all over his football, will bring in the fans with out a doubt.

Oh god this play off wait is killing me, hurry up for the love of god.

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2019 at 00:04, Keener window-cleaner said:

If we would go up, how about taking huge loans from chinese banks, buy this seasons top scorers and then gamble on reaching the Champions League in two seasons or go in to administration?

Dr Tony it has been awhile 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What would we be able to spend (max) if we do go up, I havnt a clue on the cap that would be placed on us, if there's even one curious??

40 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well its not as if we couldn't afford if we went up, would make a statement that the Owners are serious serious. I spose it all comes down to how bad the Owners want to win football silverware or whether they want to make money, I doubt it's the latter.

He's young, looks exciting, he has sexy written all over his football, will bring in the fans with out a doubt.

Oh god this play off wait is killing me, hurry up for the love of god.

Sorry, but an Aston based club with a CV of 3 seasons in the 2nd tier and almost 10 years overall in the abyss, prior to that, with no notable European success since the early 80s is not buying Felix.

And I do not care if our owner was Bill Gates or Bezos - it simply isn't happening.

• Like 1