Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sorry, but an Aston based club with a CV of 3 seasons in the 2nd tier and almost 10 years overall in the abyss, prior to that, with no notable European success since the early 80s is not buying Felix.

And I do not care if our owner was Bill Gates or Bezos - it simply isn't happening.

What about if we offer Ross McCormack as well to sweeten the deal? 🤣

• Haha 3

Ok so I'm finally aboard the Kryten train. 

If we are in the Championship next season and we lose Grealish, sign Lolley and El Ghazi, use Suso's (Mendes's?) contacts to hopefully bring in a Pablo Hernandez type, or look for a younger Grealish-lite (plus a battle hardened O'Hare?) and let the system take care of the rest. That's still a phenomenal midfield at this level. 

Defence - Guilbert, Elmo, Chester, Hause, Taylor... Maybe we look to bring Tuanzebe back again for a full injury free tilt? 

Striker... Well we will have Kodjia and Davis. We're going to have to sign or loan to buy somebody. It really depends on the money situation but obviously Maupay is excellent at this level and perhaps more. 

With a summer and Dean Smith behind us, I'd be looking for the title. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NeilS said:

What about if we offer Ross McCormack as well to sweeten the deal? 🤣

And Micah..

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sorry, but an Aston based club with a CV of 3 seasons in the 2nd tier and almost 10 years overall in the abyss, prior to that, with no notable European success since the early 80s is not buying Felix.

And I do not care if our owner was Bill Gates or Bezos - it simply isn't happening.

Party pooper in the Hause. 

We can Dream can't we, were aloud to dream.

Always someone lol.

• Haha 1

Aston based? No offence but that sounds like a Bluenose. What does it matter where in Birmingham we are?

I agree about Felix, as things stand. But in a few years, if we're competing at the top again with billionaire owners, players will not give a solitary toss what the address says.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Aston based? No offence but that sounds like a Bluenose. What does it matter where in Birmingham we are?

I agree about Felix, as things stand. But in a few years, if we're competing at the top again with billionaire owners, players will not give a solitary toss what the address says.

That's true, I guess what I tried to exaggerate the point. 

All I'm saying is Aston (or bham in general) doesn't have the pull of Madrid, Munich or Turin :)

30 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

In a few years with HS2.....be c45mins to London....that could alter the landscape ( pardon the pun) to do with transfers.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Out of contract 11 according to SKY

skysports-out-of-contract-xi_4656887.jpg

It's clear to me that the obvious course for us is to replace Tammy with Balotelli.

Seriously, though, in principle I'd like to see Jimmy back but I've no idea how he's been playing this season. I don't watch the Prem - which might be one of the reasons I'm slightly equivocal about us getting promoted - and never the Euro stuff and even more never watch Plop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, privateer said:

It's clear to me that the obvious course for us is to replace Tammy with Balotelli.

Seriously, though, in principle I'd like to see Jimmy back but I've no idea how he's been playing this season. I don't watch the Prem - which might be one of the reasons I'm slightly equivocal about us getting promoted - and never the Euro stuff and even more never watch Plop.

was all a bit of fun, all of these players are way, way out of our reach even if we are promoted. for various reasons.

And even if we could lure any of them here it would be on terms that would be catastrophic from a financial standpoint.

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Felix is probably the brightest (under the radar) star in football, and Benfica are rumoured to have a clause of £150 on him. I was lucky enough to watch him live in Lisbon earlier this year and I was amazed by him. He is a Man City/PSG/Real star in the making. 

It's more likely we are signing Critiano Ronaldo. 

Nice on watching him live in Lisbon, yes my post was very tongue in cheek but still going up (IF WE DO) opens the doors to the new owners to flex some financial muscle. 

Edited by romavillan

I like signing these up and coming players like MINGS

Not players who have had a dubious past despite their reputations......players to grow with us, not ones who leave behind their passion.

I think Dean, knows exactly the sort to bring in, players who can forge their careers with us and embrace the fans together.

Players on the way up.......not players on the way down.

John Terry was an exception, who had a clear path after his initial 12 months.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, privateer said:

Milner would be an incredible signing for us, if we go up next year.  The guy is still a machine and has played most games for Liverpool this season, either starting or from the bench.  He takes care of himself and is one of the fittest players around, so he's the exception to the "No Players Over 30" rule, IMO.  He could easily play another 2-3 seasons in the Premier League and another 2-3 as a top Championship player after that.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

That's true, I guess what I tried to exaggerate the point. 

All I'm saying is Aston (or bham in general) doesn't have the pull of Madrid, Munich or Turin :)

It's just a name. If the money is right, everyone has there price, doesn't matter where it comes from..

50 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's just a name. If the money is right, everyone has there price, doesn't matter where it comes from..

Nah, climate, food, beautiful places, lifestyle etc play in favour of some clubs in europe a lot more than others.

• Like 1

Guest av1
9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Nah, climate, food, beautiful places, lifestyle etc play in favour of some clubs in europe a lot more than others.

Give me a 500% payrise and I'd go and work small heath.

Providing they paid for the necessary inoculations. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Give me a 500% payrise and I'd go and work small heath.

Providing they paid for the necessary inoculations. 

Yeah but we are not going to pay 500% more than AC Milan or Sevilla :D 

• Like 2