Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah, right of course. So we’ll have loan returnees but no new signings. Fair enough.

It’s been confirmed hogan is ineligible for the play offs as are all our returning loan players .... can’t find the reference at present .... but read it somewhere yesterday which quoted the stipulated clause ... edit find below ! 

We’ve dug through the EFL’s regulations and found the answer.

“55.1.4. A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season;”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-what-efl-rules-say-16197390

Edited by thabucks
Found it !
  • Thanks 1

I see a tentative link to a young Chelsea striker Martell Taylor-Crossdale from a not very reliable source ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-aston-villa-plot-swoop-to-sign-another-chelsea-centre-forward-on-permanent-deal/amp/

Aston Villa are plotting a summer swoop for promising Chelsea centre-forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale, Football Insider understands.

The Midlands giants have turned their attention to the England Under-20 international following the huge success this season of on-loan Tammy Abraham.

A Villa source has told Football Insider that the club are keeping close tabs on the situation of the 19-year-old, whose contract at Chelsea expires this summer, with a view to a permanent deal.

On 30/04/2019 at 09:19, sne said:

Whatever division we end up in next season I hope we don't go for the "sign a Championship players dream team" strategy again.

I we fail to get promoted it will be too expensive, and if we are promoted we can attract better players from other places.

Not against picking up the odd player from here, but it should not be where we focus.

Imo opinion we already have a pl core in mings, Grealish, mcginn, el ghazi and tuanzebe. If we pick and choose our players especially ones with a connection to the club or Dean like bowen Lilley and maupay. It would probably be our best chance to sign pl quality players for less than 15~ mil. 

Obviously we should try and sign some more experienced pl players at dm. Aside from that we should scout out excelling young players from teams in the eredivise (best development league imo) and sign and loan them back out so they get game time. I don't want another ziyech where we were linked to him but didn't pull the trigger and him become one of the best players in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Imo opinion we already have a pl core in mings, Grealish, mcginn, el ghazi and tuanzebe. If we pick and choose our players especially ones with a connection to the club or Dean like bowen Lilley and maupay. It would probably be our best chance to sign pl quality players for less than 15~ mil. 

Obviously we should try and sign some more experienced pl players at dm. Aside from that we should scout out excelling young players from teams in the eredivise (best development league imo) and sign and loan them back out so they get game time. I don't want another ziyech where we were linked to him but didn't pull the trigger and him become one of the best players in Europe. 

Mings, Abraham, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe are not ours thou sadly.

• Like 1

Hastie of Motherwell has agreed to join Rangers this summer.  Shame, was hoping we'd be interested.   Would like a couple more McGinn bargains from north of the border. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We have never been linked with Ziyech in the media, not sure where you got that from?

I sent Paul Lambert an email around 2012 about Ziyech highlighting his potential when he was manager way before i was a professional scout but he never replied. Mentioned him on here plenty of times when he was at Heerenveen.

Edited by Villan4Life

38 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We have never been linked with Ziyech in the media, not sure where you got that from?

I sent Paul Lambert an email around 2012 about Ziyech highlighting his potential when he was manager way before i was a professional scout but he never replied. Mentioned him on here plenty of times when he was at Heerenveen.

Sorry I could just be misremembering because I saw plenty of links on villa talk regarding him. It could have just been you. 

• Thanks 1

If we won promotion I’d prefer we kept the core of the team, ie try to sign Mings, Tuanzebe, & Abraham permanently. I think we have options on Hause & ElGhazi, and for not much money. I’m guessing the 1st 3 I mentioned would set us back in the region of £50m if we could secure them. After that we’d need a younger upgrade for Glenn Whelan. I’d be relatively content if we could do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

If we won promotion I’d prefer we kept the core of the team, ie try to sign Mings, Tuanzebe, & Abraham permanently. I think we have options on Hause & ElGhazi, and for not much money. I’m guessing the 1st 3 I mentioned would set us back in the region of £50m if we could secure them. After that we’d need a younger upgrade for Glenn Whelan. I’d be relatively content if we could do that. 

We 100% would need a winger to replace Adomah/Green. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Would very much like Lolley, Maupay and what do you guys think of che adams if we go up??

No, the clubs would be looking for ridiculous fees 15-20 million each. I would potentially take one of Lolley or Maupay.

If we spent 60 million on 3 Championship players I would be furious.

At the moment it will take around 50-60 million just to keep hold of Mings, Tuanzebe, Hause, El Ghazi and Abraham; that's even if we can buy any of them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

No, the clubs would be looking for ridiculous fees 15-20 million each. I would potentially take one of Lolley or Maupay.

If we spent 60 million on 3 Championship players I would be furious.

At the moment it will take around 50-60 million just to keep hold of Mings, Tuanzebe, Hause, El Ghazi and Abraham; that's even if we can buy any of them.

Don't think it would be as much as 50 mill to keep our loaners. Taunzebe mite be the most but have a feeling man Utd would do a Johnstone type sale. Mings around 16-20 million, Hause a few million and Ghazi 5 or so million. Think around 40 million which is still alot to see our loaners become perma players.

Maupay and Lolley I would certainly try bring to Villa if we go up. However at this rate were going to have to spend on three strikers anyhow if we go up, apart from Tammy our lot can't cut it. I'm getting real fed up of kodjia not pulling his weight so he needs replaced go up or stay put.

Just think If kodjia chased the ball like Tammy does or put himself in those positions, thought kodj would of learnt from Tammy this season. I think one who perhaps has learnt from Tammy is Davis, has been impressive as of late, just need goals to follow. 

• Like 1

Obviously we need a starting quality centre half, defensive mid and forward in the summer.

Couple of midfielders who I thought looked good are Josh Brownhill at Bristol City and Ben Pearson at Preston.

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Very doubtful that Tuanzebe would come to us permanently.

What if we we're in the Prem and pay him a shitload. And his club buy some other overpriced gobshites?

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Obviously we need a starting quality centre half, defensive mid and forward in the summer.

Couple of midfielders who I thought looked good are Josh Brownhill at Bristol City and Ben Pearson at Preston.

Brownhill from Bristol and Pearson from Preston?

Why not throw in Windass from Wigan, Mitchell from Milwall and Robertson from Rotherham while we’re at it?!

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Brownhill from Bristol and Pearson from Preston?

Why not throw in Windass from Wigan, Mitchell from Milwall and Robertson from Rotherham while we’re at it?!

Powell from Wigan definitely. Or you know, McGinn from Hibs?

• Confused 1