Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I like signing these up and coming players like MINGS

Not players who have had a dubious past despite their reputations......players to grow with us, not ones who leave behind their passion.

I think Dean, knows exactly the sort to bring in, players who can forge their careers with us and embrace the fans together.

Players on the way up.......not players on the way down.

John Terry was an exception, who had a clear path after his initial 12 months.

If we don't go up i think maceachran on a free would be decent business. Got released. Smith rated him very highly and played him almost every weekend at Brentford. Frank didn't seem to rate him but jury still out on him as a manager. The guy has a serious football brain, positions he takes up and his passing ability. He probably hasn't made it in the modern game due to injuries and lacks a bit in the physical department. Again, if we don't go up. We've spunked money on worse .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

If we don't go up i think maceachran on a free would be decent business. Got released. Smith rated him very highly and played him almost every weekend at Brentford. Frank didn't seem to rate him but jury still out on him as a manager. The guy has a serious football brain, positions he takes up and his passing ability. He probably hasn't made it in the modern game due to injuries and lacks a bit in the physical department. Again, if we don't go up. We've spunked money on worse .

Nowhere near good enough for the championship.Jury still out on Frank 😃is it still out for Dean?

32 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Nowhere near good enough for the championship.Jury still out on Frank 😃is it still out for Dean?

I think Frank is doing a good job for you guys.....I was impressed with Brentford against Leeds.....very good football displayed there.

Dean is doing fine, but all these things take time to evolve.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I think Frank is doing a good job for you guys.....I was impressed with Brentford against Leeds.....very good football displayed there.

Dean is doing fine, but all these things take time to evolve.

He is and worked well alongside Dean.Im really pleased for Dean that it’s going well for him and will be cheering  for Villa in the playoffs.When you get to the PL remember none of our players are good enough to play to that standard😉

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He is and worked well alongside Dean.Im really pleased for Dean that it’s going well for him and will be cheering  for Villa in the playoffs.When you get to the PL remember none of our players are good enough to play to that standard😉

What's the deal with Yoann Barbet? Is he released because he's not good enough? Released because he doesn't want to sign a new deal? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

What's the deal with Yoann Barbet? Is he released because he's not good enough? Released because he doesn't want to sign a new deal? 

His deal expired.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I would imagine if we don't go up he will be on our shopping list. 

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

His deal expired.

I understand that. I was just curious as to why/how it got to that stage. Do Brentford think they can do better than him or that he thinks he can do better than Brentford?

Edited by Wezbid

15 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I understand that. I was just curious as to why/how it got to that stage. Do Brentford think they can do better than him or that he thinks he can do better than Brentford?

I think Brentford just feel confident of replacing anybody....they have that kinda set up.

I would like a recruitment team as confident as that or Southhampton, they too breed some good players.

We had it with Saunders & Barton.....they used to just dig up modest signings and turn them in to stars, mainly on the basis of Rons Mantra 110% workrate....the players all  bought in and worked like trojans.

53 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He wanted to be assurances of  more first team starts,was offered a contract which he turned down earlier in the season the club never went back with an improved one.He has played full back and central defence never outstanding but steady we hope to sign better and also have better younger prospects from the b side.Very popular player with the fans I would be very surprised if Dean tries to sign him even if you dont go up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Think they are most likely trying to save money all while making some, which is why I think Maupay will be sold and a few others.

20 hours ago, sne said:

Out of contract 11 according to SKY

skysports-out-of-contract-xi_4656887.jpg

Let's do it. 5-year contracts for all. Especially the glass-legged pair of Sturridge and Welbeck. Only one I wouldn't go for is Rabiot as he's too young and not got enough experience. Plus he'd have resale value and that's not something we have looked for in the past.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Grealish, McGinn, Milner - just sayin' 

For a first year back in the PL that would be a very decent midfield.

Would rather us find the young James Milner though.

Then again you could not write off his now immense experience.

Can also play in several positions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sne said:

Out of contract 11 according to SKY

skysports-out-of-contract-xi_4656887.jpg

Wow.

Out of that XI I would take Kompany, Milner and Mata all on 1 year deals for a bit of experience IF we returned to the PL.

Not as if they are shite, that trio are workhorses atleast and give their all in games they play in and that's all we will want here.

A CB pairing of Kompany & Tuanzebe ! 🤤🤤🤤

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Kompany makes like 200k a week. Milner is on £120,000 a week. No one on that list is signing for us. 

serie a italy GIF

I could be tempted to play for that Aston Villa team i here so much about.   Where are they based again?  London?? 

• Haha 3

Juan Mata has long been on my list of favourite non-Villa footballers, but the reality is that the last 3/4 years have been so hit and miss for him you have to wonder if those injuries have finally taken their toll. Or is it literally just a case of inconsistent playing time for a club seemingly in perpetual decline? As we know, Mourinho never seemed to like him. There was something personal there for sure. 

He's still only 31, Brighton are reportedly having a look. You'd think a club the size of Villa, on the up if we make it to the PL, would be a reasonably attractive proposition. However there's no way he would start over Grealish or McGinn and he isn't going anywhere unless he is likely to be first choice, unless he's popping up at another mega-club.  

I would absolutely take Milner as the DLP. He's 33 yes but he's also still possibly the fittest player in the world and he's an even smarter footballer than when he left us. Imagine him and McGinn in the same team.