Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Manchester United have just signed a player called Daniel James for £18m rising to £21m, from a midtable championship club, who's stats are nowhere near as impressives as Saïd's.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The likely story is that if Behnrama was called John Campbell people would find it complete lunacy to consider £ 20 million for an ankle injured player from a midtable championship side, while all about having history with your current manager. 

And if he still played for Nice you'd be more than happy for us to sign him! 

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

oh boy.....ceefax.....i remember watching that in be early teens, waiting for the one of the single lines to mention something villa related.

i remember a few transfers on ceefax in my time :)

I remember coming home from a school checking teletext to see we had signed Schmeichel. What a day! 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who is John Campbell?, you say he's as good as Benrahma?.........sign him up!.........bargain at 15-20m.

I bet this John fella is a right tricky little monkey.

Good spot, u ever considered scouting IRL?

I bet the @KenjiOgiwara type Leicester fans were going mad when they were signing James Maddison for 23 million.   The Spurs fans must have been going mental about Deli Ali. 

There are much better players in Europe they all moaned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I remember coming home from a school checking teletext to see we had signed Schmeichel. What a day! 

I remember coming home from school and seeing that we'd signed Steve Watson. What a day.....

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Manchester United have just signed a player called Daniel James for £18m rising to £21m, from a midtable championship club, who's stats are nowhere near as impressives as Saïd's.

He look a fantastic player to be fair.  Leeds nearly signed him in January but they wouldn't pay the full fee up front.  Bet they are regretting that big time. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I rang that once when I was a kid.  The old mans reaction when he got the phone bill made sure I never rang one of these premium numbers again.

How detailed was the information on the phone? I imagine it made hitc look like the BBC (before BBC started quoting Twitter on their news articles)

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Have you seen that dude tho?, he's like forest Gump.....it's like he has a rocket up his arse.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

How detailed was the information on the phone? I imagine it made hitc look like the BBC (before BBC started quoting Twitter on their news articles)

After you got through the 30 minutes of commentary highlights of the season so far the news was pretty detailed. I think.

Just now, MrBlack said:

Kind of like.

"We are about to tell you a transfer rumour that will shock you, confirmed by numerous agents, this rumour was first brought to our attention.....etc etc"

5 minutes later on the premium number after much build up......."villa might sign X player"........"k thanx bai".

57 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Don't forget Guzan!  I have a picture of him in goal in the MLS right here...

giphy.gif

Guzan kept us up atleast once, was crucial a second year and then went to shit. He was always a mediocre player, got let go from the club only to hang around to be re-signed and go on to have one great and one very good season before becoming the player he always was and I think he deserved a bit better when he finally left.

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We actually allowed Wimbledon to go one nil up?   Less than 24,000?  LITTLE OUT 

My school did a trip to watch that game, there was about 30 of us there many of them had never been to a game before. A few new fans were made that day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the good old days of following results (before tinternet!)

ceefax.jpg

OT - but for a pic that reminisces about checking Saturday football score, why are they using scores from Wednesday 24 September?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

@Shropshire Lad I remember the summers during my teens, checking Ceefax/Teletext and waiting for the late edition Mail to see if we’d signed anybody. 

I remember the summer when we were supposedly in for Gazza and the one when we had Juninho at VP, but never got the deal done. Same when we signed Nii ‘the new Pele’ Lamptey. It’s mad to think that you could only find these things out in the local paper! 

I was addicted to Ceefax... football scores and live cricket scorecards as well from the county championship. Perfect when you are involved in very competitive Telegraph Fantasy Cricket leagues at school!

• Like 2