Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You really think, VLV? I don’t know much about him myself but always been impressed.

I suppose that’s half the problem, do we spend 1/5 of our budget on one player? If the resale value is say 50m, then great. But do we have a squad so threadbare we can’t afford that outlay on one player.

No way will our spending be capped at £50m. You can probably double that. Just buying the loan players will be close to £30m

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

No way will our spending be capped at £50m. You can probably double that. Just buying the loan players will be close to £30m

I think @Delphinho123 was working on the fact that Brentford reportedly want £20m

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s scum of the Earth in my opinion, racist thug who had limited ability on a football pitch

You're thinking of Kevin Muscat.

Do you even know who John Terry is ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

yeah, to cover all the gaps in the squad i can see us spending 100m quite easily. i think the minimum we could get away with is 80m odd, we almost need a whole new team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Ah that would be accurate then - sorry

I was!

Just all depends on how much we have to spend. I’d love to buy him, but 20m (I think they want even more) is a lot on one player when we have to buy 10 at least.

Tough call. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You really think, VLV? I don’t know much about him myself but always been impressed.

I suppose that’s half the problem, do we spend 1/5 of our budget on one player? If the resale value is say 50m, then great. But do we have a squad so threadbare we can’t afford that outlay on one player.

Whenever I’ve seen him he’s had the wow factor for me. Based on current market I think he is worth 20m on the condition he is fit after his ankle surgery.   I’d much rather we sign him than Bowen or Lolley.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 08:16, John said:

The Snake fits the bill as a "nasty little sod" albeit not in the way you are referring to. How about the late Trevor Hockey? Hard as you like, but an impressive beard and unlike the Snake, I rather liked him.

I'm 40 mate so Trevor Hockey was before my time. It does show that it has been quite some time since we had a player like that. 

I always remember Robbie Savage at small heath, everyone hated him and you wouldn't say he best/most technically gifted player in the world, but he was so important in that sha team. 

Maupay certainly has that nasty steak in him which i think is so important. 

25 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Seen somewhere that the player and more importantly his agent both want the move. If that is accurate it WILL happen!!

I hope we just let them keep a slightly unhappy player and move on. There's easily better purchases to be har in Europe. Time for the scouting department to do their job. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I'm 40 mate so Trevor Hockey was before my time. It does show that it has been quite some time since we had a player like that. 

I always remember Robbie Savage at small heath, everyone hated him and you wouldn't say he best/most technically gifted player in the world, but he was so important in that sha team. 

Maupay certainly has that nasty steak in him which i think is so important. 

I well remember Trevor Hockey's debut for Villa. His first sliding tackle was so late the player had gone before he got there! There was an audible gasp. Happy days!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I hope we just let them keep a slightly unhappy player and move on. There's easily better purchases to be har in Europe. Time for the scouting department to do their job. 

There’s also loads of shit players too. 

Why can’t Benrahma be our big signing? 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Benrahma?, he's a quality quality players mate, i would happily spend 15m on him tbh.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We have a fantastic record with foreign goalkeepers recently... Gollini, Nyland, Moreira and Kalinic :ph34r:

Don't forget Guzan!  I have a picture of him in goal in the MLS right here...

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Benrahma?, he's a quality quality players mate, i would happily spend 15m on him tbh.

If we don’t sign him mate another Premier League club will and we’ll one day be talking about the player we missed out on.

Id happily wager a bet on that with anybody.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This what i love about the transfer window. Social media is dribbling over some Spanish kid that finished 14th in La liga for a reported £25m but think a kid that has proven he can play in England is overpriced. 

When we are rumoured to be after the likes of the Brentford boy we get people saying 'why can't we get them before they cost £20m, but if we signed 10 players for £3m each we would be going crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we don’t sign him mate another Premier League club will and we’ll one day be talking about the player we missed out on.

Id happily wager a bet on that with anybody.

Yeah agreed, I also agree we should look for our own gems, but I would defo take a 15m punt on benrahma, no doubt.