Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Wolves fan Gregg Evans says we're going for Butland.

Can't see it. £23m Stoke want. He just ain't worth that I don't think.

So much for the "Foreign" option Nixon was talking about...  lol

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wolves fan Gregg Evans says we're going for Butland.

Can't see it. £23m Stoke want. He just ain't worth that I don't think.

They would probably settle for £17m,but that is still a lot for a keeper. Maybe a swap with Kallinic might sweeten the deal? 

Edited by Made In Aston

To me gomez looks like an icing on the cake signing - I m not sure we have the cake yet.

To me we gambled, and with the help of some decent loan signings , we have have some how crash landed in the premier league - we need to spread reasonable quality throughout the team and add some squad depth - so whilst I would find the signing of Maxi Gomez incredibly exciting - I think the likes of Tyrone mings and Maupay are  more our bag this close season - we need a balanced team - not one 40M superstar which leaves us stretched in other areas.

If we finish 12th next season - then we can add the superstars - boring as it is we need the basics in place first.

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

They world probably settle for £17m,but that is still a lot for a keeper. Maybe a swap with Kallinic might sweeten the deal? 

hmmmm - is Butland that good ?

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Fornals was / is? an interesting one. His stats are not too impressive but he's a wonderful footballer from what I can tell.

Probably been mentioned but ‘Acura Sports News’ on twitter saying medical Wednesday before a 25m move. 

Looking at his other posts he did call the Jota move a couple of days before hand.   

But this latest bit of ITK seems a bit fair fetched. 

Ive never heard of this player but then again I’m totally out of touch with La Liga since it stopped coming on Sky.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hate to say it but with a 60k capacity stadium, the London factor and with Pellegrini in charge they could actually look a decent proposition. Wouldn’t surprise me if they signed him. 

True but it's still an absolute nothing club. I think they've a good chance of going down in the next 5 years. 

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

True but it's still an absolute nothing club. I think they've a good chance of going down in the next 5 years. 

A stadium they don't own, that their fans hate. There's more atmosphere on the moon. Owned and run by such scumbags they wouldn't be allowed in the Mos Eisly Cantina. They're **** all.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

hmmmm - is Butland that good ?

I find him overrated. Yes good shot stopper (pretty much most keepers are this) but his kicking is really poor, Guzan level distribution and I don't find him commanding on crosses at all. Stoke want 20m + so for half that Etheridge would be pretty similar level imo.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Felipe Anderson?

Had a good spell for about 10 weeks then went to toilet. I wound people up on fantasy site that he was a sell. 1 shot on target in about 10 games or similar in his slump

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Had a good spell for about 10 weeks then went to toilet. I wound people up on fantasy site that he was a sell. 1 shot on target in about 10 games or similar in his slump

They spent 36m on him and also 22m in the same window on Diop after one good season for Toulouse!  

The money in the Premier League really has gone nuts since we’ve been away! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Not sure what to think about Butland but Stoke fans do seem to really rate him. 

We just can't get it right with keepers can we, a new one comes in every season and barely manages to complete it before not being needed. Maybe spending £20m will sort it.