Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That’s the general consensus, yes but in my opinion, he was average in terms of technical ability, I thought he was ok for us, nothing more (Terry)

Miles ahead of anything we've seen at CB for years.

Has Gardners exit upset you this much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could be some one playing games as the account looks a bit dodgy, and it could be layering one groundless rumour onto another but it has been suggested that Fornals is having a Medical on Wednesday (@AV_Transfers).

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Could be some one playing games as the account looks a bit dodgy, and it could be layering one groundless rumour onto another but it has been suggested that Fornals is having a Medical on Wednesday (@AV_Transfers).

One ITK has mentioned a medical on Wednesday and another has mentioned Fornals but i haven't seen those two linked together. Here's hoping though!!

17 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

What ? 

His weaker foot was better than most centre halfs' strong foot.  To say Terry had average technical ability is utterly mental. 

Have a lie down fella.

In my opinion, he was a blood and guts style defender who looked better than he actually was next to a Rolls Royce centre back such as Ricardo Carvalho 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benrahma bid being turned down just made sky sports news. Really hope this one happens. 

Seen somewhere that the player and more importantly his agent both want the move. If that is accurate it WILL happen!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he was a blood and guts style defender who looked better than he actually was next to a Rolls Royce centre back such as Ricardo Carvalho 

That is absolutely mental.

John Terry was absolutely fantastic for us to the point where I could only imagine how good he must have been in his prime.

Gary Gardner’s gone, mate. Get over it. 

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

That's fine but you have a long history of spectacularly bad opinions and this is right up there.  It's not quite Didier Delfouneso but Jesus...

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

That is absolutely mental.

John Terry was absolutely fantastic for us to the point where I could only imagine how good he must have been in his prime.

Gary Gardner’s gone, mate. Get over it. 

I disagree, soon as he moves in to the backroom staff, we go and get promoted? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benrahma bid being turned down just made sky sports news. Really hope this one happens. 

I wouldn't go above 10 mill.

Rather us take a punt on someone abroad for cheaper.

Just now, Brumerican said:

That's fine but you have a long history of spectacularly bad opinions and this is right up there.  It's not quite Didier Delfouneso but Jesus...

He’s scum of the Earth in my opinion, racist thug who had limited ability on a football pitch

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, soon as he moves in to the backroom staff, we go and get promoted? 

Yep. Has nothing to do with anything else. 

Literally, the only reason we got promoted was because John Terry was so overrated and finally retired, giving us the chance to finally push on. 

I suppose you think Gary Cahill was/is a better defender than Terry as well don’t you? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care what we pay. This player will go for mega bucks eventually. 

You really think, VLV? I don’t know much about him myself but always been impressed.

I suppose that’s half the problem, do we spend 1/5 of our budget on one player? If the resale value is say 50m, then great. But do we have a squad so threadbare we can’t afford that outlay on one player.

• Like 1

I don't know why some people think a player like Fornals is out of reach for us. He has a €25m release clause and plays for a team that finished 14 in La Liga. Unless a top 4 side in one of the main leagues wants him we are in with a good shout. Being in the Premier League, we can easily offer more wages than most other clubs in Europe.

The only links I have seen are with arsenal ( November 2018) and, more recently, Wet Spam. If arsenal wanted him they probably would have done it by now and we can compete with the Spam. 

• Like 1