Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

the good old days of following results (before tinternet!)

ceefax.jpg

So Rix scored on that day. Must have cracked open some bags of sweets that night. 

• Haha 3

Maybe I’ve tuned into Nixon at the right times before, and missed more of the BS, but I’ve always felt that he has a fairly good idea of what’s going on.

He rarely says a player going somewhere is a fact, and that’s how it should be with the ever changing landscape of transfer dealings.

I hope he’s right about Maxi Gomez. I know nothing of the player, but just to see us spending £30m+ on one player is bloody exciting.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m really intrigued about who we’ll get as dm. The position is integral to how we play so think we could spend big there.

We were linked to a few in January IIRC....Lobotka at Celta Vigo but couldn't get a work permit and Doucoure from Levante was also mentioned. Wonder if we'll revisit either.

Seems West Ham want them...isn't Carlos Sanchez and Snodgrass good enough for 1966 WC winners?!

https://greenstreethammers.com/2019/06/10/double-deal-with-celta-vigo-shows-west-hams-intent/

West Ham have renewed their interest in Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez after initially backing down amidst Champions League clubs snooping around. The rumor suggests a massive double transfer is in the work with Stanislav Lobotka also being targetted by the Irons.

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It's just not realistic. Sturridge, like Andy Carroll, is a fantastic player on his day but those days are so few and far between that you just cannot build a side around it. We aren't going to get 30+ league games out of a player like Daniel Sturridge He'll be in and out of the team, never really be match fit and disruptive to the first XI if he expects to play whenever he does declare himself fit. It's Tim Sherwood signing Micah Richards all over again. 

I do hear what you say - and can't argue too much on the face of things.

I would challenge your views of putting Andy Carroll in the same bracket as Sturbridge tbh with you and also Richards.

Clearly the popular view on here is that Sturbridge is now a has been - whilst Richards is a never has been.

For what's it's worth I would take him on the right deal - but I accept the view of the majority of VT.

On Nixon’s reliability. I’ve just been digging back through some tweets, and from what I can tell, he almost certainly ‘broke’ the following pieces of information:

- Villa after a new keeper

- Hepburn-Murphy going to Cambridge on loan

- Wolves bidding for Abraham

- Nyland injured in training and recalling Steer

(I’m sure there are more ‘juicy’ bits of news than these, but I’m not spending all night searching his tweets!)

Of those, I definitely remember Nixon being the first to mention we wanted a new keeper (which was shortly followed by numerous sources reporting an apparent bid for Etheridge) and I’m fairly certain he was the first to say Wolves wanted Tammy in Jan.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 3

Nixon does have a decent idea yep. He's usually quite aloof to not tie himself to something. So when he's said no interest in that Villarreal fella I believe him, not seen anything from that avfcagent before so I've no reason to trust him. I think he's made up that rumour. The medical guy was the only one who used to know, doubt that new one is the real deal tbh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Gomez might not come to us but there's no way in hell he'll be going to that fraud of a tin pot nothing club West Ham

Hate to say it but with a 60k capacity stadium, the London factor and with Pellegrini in charge they could actually look a decent proposition. Wouldn’t surprise me if they signed him. 

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Gomez might not come to us but there's no way in hell he'll be going to that fraud of a tin pot nothing club West Ham

We can outmuscle those sleazy bastards. 

43 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Maybe I’ve tuned into Nixon at the right times before, and missed more of the BS, but I’ve always felt that he has a fairly good idea of what’s going on.

He rarely says a player going somewhere is a fact, and that’s how it should be with the ever changing landscape of transfer dealings.

I hope he’s right about Maxi Gomez. I know nothing of the player, but just to see us spending £30m+ on one player is bloody exciting.

Yep.

Nixon is one of the good ones. 

Him and Percy are the only ones i trust. 

• Like 1