Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

I think the last (only?) proper decent player they had was Tevez and that was about 10 years ago. 

Payet was fire for them for a couple of years. 

West Ham can attract players. As someone said earlier, money talks and they pay it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Not sure what to think about Butland but Stoke fans do seem to really rate him. 

We just can't get it right with keepers can we, a new one comes in every season and barely manages to complete it before not being needed. Maybe spending £20m will sort it. 

It’s all about Viljami Sinisalo

• Like 2

If we can get Butland for £15m I'd say go for him. We need a quality keeper and I think he would be an excellent signing.

This is going to be a very expensive window, which I guess makes sense considering it's our first one back in the PL and we released half our squad this summer as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

and again......ooooh Yorkie!!

teletext.jpg

I won free tickets to that game.  Was sat in the lower DE stand beside the north, when lower north was the away end.  Wimbledon fans gave it the bigun when they went one up, by half time they were singing "we want 10" - the wimbledon fans were awesome!

57 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Had a good spell for about 10 weeks then went to toilet. I wound people up on fantasy site that he was a sell. 1 shot on target in about 10 games or similar in his slump

9 league goals is good return for first season and imagine he had similar number of assists.

West Ham issue was Aranutovic wanting to leave for China mid season so can see why a striker like Gomez would be on their radar.

47 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think the last (only?) proper decent player they had was Tevez and that was about 10 years ago. 

Ironically we're talking about keepers now, Fabianski had a tremendous season for them and he was only 7m from Swansea, probably why I'm so keen on us signing Etheridge as it has similar under the radar vibes to me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we can get Butland for £15m I'd say go for him. We need a quality keeper and I think he would be an excellent signing.

This is going to be a very expensive window, which I guess makes sense considering it's our first one back in the PL and we released half our squad this summer as well.

Stoke want 20m + (partly due to the sell on clause to SHA).

Palace and Bournemouth are certainly in for Butland so there's the competition right there if our interest is valid.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

9 league goals is good return for first season and imagine he had similar number of assists.

West Ham issue was Aranutovic wanting to leave for China mid season so can see why a striker like Gomez would be on their radar.

He scored 8 goals and 3 assists between GW 6-19 and 1 goal and 3 assists in the other 22 games where his form fell off a cliff for second half of season. Is that consistency worth +30 million???

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He scored 8 goals and 3 assists between GW 6-19 and 1 goal and 3 assists in the other 22 games where his form fell offa cliff for second half of season. Is that consistency worth +30 million???

I'd be more than happy with El Ghazi posting that next season. Even a big money winger if we sign one.

League last season had elite strikers like Aubameyang, Salah and Mane being top scorers on 22 goals so I'd say a winger in his first season in England playing for mid table team scoring nearly half those goals wasn't a bad effort.

Lucas Moura (who many were creaming themselves over because of his famous CL hat-trick) scored 10 premier league goals so little difference at much higher placed team.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd be more than happy with El Ghazi posting that next season. 

Me too for around 25 million less

Moura played 900 minutes and 12 games less of +60 mins so not comparable with Anderson

Edited by Kiwivillan

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Stoke want 20m + (partly due to the sell on clause to SHA).

Palace and Bournemouth are certainly in for Butland so there's the competition right there if our interest is valid.

I'd rather not give any more cash to SHA! 

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Not sure about Butland. 0 assists and 0 goals last season. Poor. 

You'd want him if his name was Jaques Betlancois with them zero's though. Don't you lie to me! 

33 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Finding a goalie who can score is the kind of market inefficiency the Moneyball philosophy is all about.

I can't believe we called Steer back from Charlton instead of Chilavert from retirement. It beggers belief that we aren't tapping in to the retired market ffs. 

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Finding a goalie who can score is the kind of market inefficiency the Moneyball philosophy is all about.

Adam Federici is the man we want then.