Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benrahma bid being turned down just made sky sports news. Really hope this one happens. 

Are you not concerned with the ankle surgery? I'd like the guy but until he is fully fit, it's a big risk. And for a hefty fee we need him ready to go from the start.

21 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Are you not concerned with the ankle surgery? I'd like the guy but until he is fully fit, it's a big risk. And for a hefty fee we need him ready to go from the start.

depends on what the damaged ankle was like, what was required etc?

I imagine there is a plethora of damaged ankle types, and vastly varying surgery types, each one having a certain level of risk?

Not sure how bad his injury was?, and whether it has the capacity to impact future performances once fit?, suppose only a club medical would tell them that?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Does he ever get anything right? I really hope he’s right here

He's definitely not the most accurate source out there, but he has gotten a few things right about us recently. (eg. both the Nyland and Lyden injuries, the Abraham loan and one or two others IIRC. Obviously not accurate about everything but has gotten some spot on recently.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

@Shropshire Lad I remember the summers during my teens, checking Ceefax/Teletext and waiting for the late edition Mail to see if we’d signed anybody. 

I remember the summer when we were supposedly in for Gazza and the one when we had Juninho at VP, but never got the deal done. Same when we signed Nii ‘the new Pele’ Lamptey. It’s mad to think that you could only find these things out in the local paper! 

oh boy.....ceefax.....i remember watching that in be early teens, waiting for the one of the single lines to mention something villa related.

i remember a few transfers on ceefax in my time :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah I suppose thats the big problem.  If you're spending big money you have to be sure he's the same player.  

Didn't we sign Downing once whilst he was out with a serious injury.

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s also loads of shit players too. 

Why can’t Benrahma be our big signing? 

Because there are better players to be found and if you intend on surviving the PL you don't get your big signings from effing Brentford just cause they have a willy wonka'esque name and have used to play for your current manager. That's how you stop being a big club and become a permanent championship side. 

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

This what i love about the transfer window. Social media is dribbling over some Spanish kid that finished 14th in La liga for a reported £25m but think a kid that has proven he can play in England is overpriced. 

When we are rumoured to be after the likes of the Brentford boy we get people saying 'why can't we get them before they cost £20m, but if we signed 10 players for £3m each we would be going crazy. 

The likely story is that if Behnrama was called John Campbell people would find it complete lunacy to consider £ 20 million for an ankle injured player from a midtable championship side, while all about having history with your current manager. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The likely story is that if Behnrama was called John Campbell people would find it complete lunacy to consider £ 20 million for an ankle injured player from a midtable championship side, while all about having history with your current manager. 

who is John Campbell?, you say he's as good as Benrahma?.........sign him up!.........bargain at 15-20m.

I bet this John fella is a right tricky little monkey.

Good spot, u ever considered scouting IRL?

Edited by MaVilla