Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Sinkgraven was my left back in Fifa18 once I'd got promoted. He was ace. Its an omen. 

Maybe.

Whereas Cucurella is always mine cos he has something like 95 stamina. I'd be happy with either player regardless, but I'd prefer the Barcelona graduate to be honest.

Benrahma is an exciting player. I hope he fullfills his potential!

I'm not convinced and I not sure if we should try and sign him for the figure Brentford posters are suggesting... 20m+ for a player coming back from surgery from a Championship club is risky! We haven't and won't be able to assess his ability after his surgery. We've all seen it happen, players not being the same afterwards. 

El Ghazi is worth 9m is Benrahma worth 11m more? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Aside from his quality i like the fact that he is a nasty little sod. I can't remember the last time we had that sort of player. 

The Snake fits the bill as a "nasty little sod" albeit not in the way you are referring to. How about the late Trevor Hockey? Hard as you like, but an impressive beard and unlike the Snake, I rather liked him.

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Benrahma is an exciting player. I hope he fullfills his potential!

I'm not convinced and I not sure if we should try and sign him for the figure Brentford posters are suggesting... 20m+ for a player coming back from surgery from a Championship club is risky! We haven't and won't be able to assess his ability after his surgery. We've all seen it happen, players not being the same afterwards. 

El Ghazi is worth 9m is Benrahma worth 11m more? 

Not that I agree with the prices mentioned, nor saying El Ghazi isn't good. But Benrahma stats are twice El Ghazi from what I remember.

Dylan McGeough would be a lovely squad signing for us. In 2018 he and John McGinn had a strong partnership on the field and were mates off it. I think I read Stevie Gerrard is after him with rangers and that Sunderland only lost one game that he started.

Leicester migth be doing better than us, but Justin if we even want to sign him, would also need to consider at which club he's likely to get more game time. And besides things could change very fast, not so long back clubs like Southampton and Swansea were seen as being in a similar position what Leicester are in now, no reason why we can't catch up with them within two or three seasons.

On 05/06/2019 at 15:22, Davkaus said:

You want to give a 34 year old a massive contract until he's 36? Have you, until recently, been in charge of the club's transfer policy? 

I'm sure he was a cracking defender in his day, but the last place you want an old bloke is in a position in which you expect him to be bombing up ad down the touchline all day. No thanks.

I think he has a solidness that would be important at the end of the season if we are in a dog fight. Mind have the papers are now quoting him as our scout so that's that. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester migth be doing better than us, but Justin if we even want to sign him, would also need to consider at which club he's likely to get more game time. And besides things could change very fast, not so long back clubs like Southampton and Swansea were seen as being in a similar position what Leicester are in now, no reason why we can't catch up with them within two or three seasons.

It’s a very good point. Using us as an example, 3 6th place finishes in a row, then 15th, then 17th then 17th then relegated. It all happened quite quickly.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d say a top 10 PL club is more attractive than a newly promoted club that need a massive rebuild. This is regardless of the history. 

I think fans are getting ahead of themselves. 

Depends whether or not it's an "interesting project" 

Arsenal seem to have agreed fees with Fiorentina for Veretout. I don't want to look a lot at the back, but whenever you remember that we've mismanaged dealing with players that have a great career after that, you find it hard. 

Anyway, the feeling of getting back with our new manager, new board and new scouting team can really help to not look at the past.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Arsenal seem to have agreed fees with Fiorentina for Veretout. I don't want to look a lot at the back, but whenever you remember that we've mismanaged dealing with players that have a great career after that, you find it hard. 

Anyway, the feeling of getting back with our new manager, new board and new scouting team can really help to not look at the past.

Where is that? 

Everything seems to suggest he is going to napoli

Very pleased with the Benrahma bid. He is someone from the Championship I really do rate and him and El Ghazi on either wing (once El Ghazi deal becomes permanent) would be very exciting I think. Maupay scored lots of goals for Brentford but I think Benrahma was their best player and it was his first season in England. 

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

For those ITK, how does a cheeky bid differ from a regular bid?

A cheeky bid is usually know as taking the Michael, the piss, the biscuit.

Just think Tottenham bidding for Grealish and offering 4m + onomah.

Levy might have said to you, "just put a cheeky bid in for Grealish", and then wink at you with a smile.

Could also be cheeky as in we don't really stand a chance but trying anyway.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

A cheeky bid is usually know as taking the Michael, the piss, the biscuit.

Just think Tottenham bidding for Grealish and offering 4m + onomah.

Levy might have said to you, "just put a cheeky bid in for Grealish", and then wink at you with a smile.

Could also be cheeky as in we don't really stand a chance but trying anyway.....

Oh I thought a cheeky bid was Deano in a pair of hot pants winking at the other player’s chairman. 

Then again, much though I love Deano, perhaps not really in that way. In fact scrub that image!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Would be nice if someone, who actually is up to date, could make a thread with a current squad, outgoing and ingoings. Apparantly we have released a whole bunch and I can't even name them. 

There’s a squad thread somewhere.