Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Would be nice if someone, who actually is up to date, could make a thread with a current squad, outgoing and ingoings. Apparantly we have released a whole bunch and I can't even name them. 

Probably best to keep it that way, not remembering might save you the mental anguish of remembering some of them....

Sometimes ignorance is bliss :)

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Oh I thought a cheeky bid was Deano in a pair of hot pants winking at the other player’s chairman. 

Then again, much though I love Deano, perhaps not really in that way. In fact scrub that image!!

That's certainly put a different taste to the tea, Dave.  😂

• Haha 1

So let's summarise rumours and confirmed signings 

Jota 4m

Hause 3m

El ghazi 7m 

Berahama 10m

Mings 12m 

Roughing around 36m for five key signings 

Add a gk one more cb, cm lb and a striker 

If we can do that I think we are prepared for pl. I like the business we have done so far if these all through.36m is not that much these days

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Some other highly rated young players look like moving shortly -  Aribo to Rangers and Turnbull to Celtic or Bournemouth.  Would have liked either of both coming here.  

Yes to both for me. Gutted as both would have been astute bit of business.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Would be nice if someone, who actually is up to date, could make a thread with a current squad, outgoing and ingoings. Apparantly we have released a whole bunch and I can't even name them. 

There is a current thread of outgoings here.

I understand each player 'IN' will have it's own dedicated thread mate.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where is that? 

Everything seems to suggest he is going to napoli

An Arsenal fan sent it in  PL whatsapp group. But actually he said they had calls with them, I though I've read it they've agreed fees. 😅

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest the most refreshing thing about this transfer window is we are linked with the usual terrible, old, injured, journeyman players we would have always been linked with, such as Austin, sturridge etc etc.

But.....I actually feel good this time that we aren't and won't be going for these type of players, it's refreshing and the current management/recruitment team deserve a pat on the back.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You knows this Andy.

I notice the Tavanier links have cooled too.

I'd have preferred to have Hastie & Turnbull but hey ho. Rangers and Celtic have made two great signings and maybe the players would have wanted to stay rooted in Scotland for family/personal reasons had we came knocking. We will never know.

• Like 1

We've not been linked this window yet (to my knowledge anyway) but apparently Harry Wilson is available for £21 million this summer. Depending on our budget he's got to be worth a punt at that price

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I notice the Tavanier links have cooled too.

I'd have preferred to have Hastie & Turnbull but hey ho. Rangers and Celtic have made two great signings and maybe the players would have wanted to stay rooted in Scotland for family/personal reasons had we came knocking. We will never know.

You watch as Hastie, Aribo and Turnbull will all no doubt be valued over ten million a  piece in a year or two’s time with Premier League  clubs in England being interested :) 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I don’t think it’s that straight forward. Burnley finished 7th in 17/18 and gained European football, but I don’t think that allowed them to sign better players than, say, Wolves or Everton or West Ham. History, standing, potential, finance, and ambition all come into the equation. I’d argue that Leicester have peaked with a Premier League title, something they’re highly unlikely to repeat, they’ve over achieved. That’s not to say they’re not a good established Premier League club now. Whilst it’s right to be humble after 3yrs in championship football, and remain humble, we also shouldn’t be shrinking violets that worry ourselves to death and think we’re not worthy of parity, or above, with clubs such as Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester, Norwich, Sheffield Utd. Historically we are amongst the top 8. We are now financially amongst the top 8. What we don’t know, yet,  is the ambition. But if the ambition matches the owners financial muscle and acumen, and they are determined to restore Villa to where they stand historically, then as Sawiris said himself, “the sky is the limit”. A decade ago Villa were thought of as a bigger club than ManCity, two decades ago Villa were thought of as a bigger club than Chelsea. The difference in those timeframes has been money, purely  and simply down to finance. Villa thought they had a rich and capable saviour when Lerner rocked up, it proved to be the undoing of us. IMO Villa have a massive untapped potential, arguably the biggest untapped potential left in the Premier League. 

Absolutely spot on.

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You watch as Hastie, Aribo and Turnbull will all no doubt be valued over ten million a  piece in a year or two’s time with Premier League  clubs in England being interested :) 

Spot on and I was away to say this will be the case as you just know it's going to happen. Even then I suppose they won't be anymore than £12m in a year or so and a year of more experience under their belts could still be do able business.

Atleast Turnbull will have the qualifying rounds of champions league experience under his belt with Celtic before they crash out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Spot on and I was away to say this will be the case as you just know it's going to happen. Even then I suppose they won't be anymore than £12m in a year or so and a year of more experience under their belts could still be do able business.

Atleast Turnbull will have the qualifying rounds of champions league experience under his belt with Celtic before they crash out.

A Lot of people in Scotland rate Turnbull as even bigger prospect than John McGinn was when at Hibs. We all know what happened there he came to Villa and took us to Premier League.

Turnbull is  only 19 and 15 goals in his first season in Scotland from Central Midfield is not to be sniffed at. He’s impressed me every single time I watched him last season.

Edited by Villan4Life