Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Not my business or money but our owner has got a history of not getting mugged off like we used to by big clubs.A recent example was with Bournmouth who  bid 6 million for Chris Mepham last year then 10 mill at the start of last season both were turned down he went eventually for 13 mill ++.The fact that we sold well over 30 million pounds worth of players last season tells me we can afford to wait for the right price whatever that means especially when the player is still under a long contract.Benrahma will leave I believe as he is quality and other clubs will come in for him as well as Villa and that will push the price up to around 18 to 20 mill thats with add ons.

We will take maupay, benrahma and konsa for tree fiddy.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

How much do you think Konsa is worth. Looks a good prospect and, selfishly, I think he could be good alongside Mings. We can give you Chester or Hogan in p/x. 🙂

I don’t rate him even top championship let alone PL thought he was a liability at times defending.Looks very comfortable on the ball like all our defence but weak in the air imho

The rumoured opening bid for Benrahma is on the low side, for sure - obviously there'll be some negotiation there. I'd definitely agree with the Brentford fans that they'll get a fair bit more for him than 9mil or so, probably around 15. Hope we sign him though. 

Any of these star-player for Championship teams players (Lolley, Benrahma, Bowen, Maupay etc) are all going to be looking for between 10-20m imo. Lolley, due to his age might be a bit cheaper than the others but they're not going to bend over and ask us to take them off their hands. All players that would improve us though.

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Any of these star-player for Championship teams players (Lolley, Benrhama, Bowen, Maupay etc) are all going to be looking for between 10-20m imo. Lolley, due to his age might be a bit cheaper than the others but they're not going to bend over and ask us to take them off their hands. All players that would improve us though.

Unless they've got financial issues, there's no way they're selling for 10mil or under IMO. If Forest's extremely shady owner gets locked up, that might change Lolley's price but other than that, they'll be looking for fair reflections of their value. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Sorry but you sound like those fools down the road after they signed Jota Colin and Harlee and you know how that went😉

I was only joking :)

in all honestly i would pull out the stops for benrahma and just table a 15m offer with some sort of sell of profit percentage, I really like him as a player.

maupay I'm not so sure, he looks good but I'm not sure if he would be able to lead the line as a sole striker in the prem, can't decide if he's a bit on the small side for that kind of role, maybe he could but I'm not as convinced with him as I am with benrahma.

Edited by MaVilla

There's so much talent in the leagues abroad it's complete lunacy to by any of those championship players for £15-20 million. 

I guess them being adjusted to the English game and culture is an argument for it though, I'll admit to that. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think of all the positions and players we're looking at, I think the one I am the most curious about is LB. Taylor just can't be a first team regular. 

Agreed I don’t think he’s good enough, but I wonder if in the club’s list of priorities they will think Taylor has played a couple of hundred Prem games, never been relegated, can probably do a job for a year with all the changes elsewhere... or will see Hause as a starting option there.

Brentford don't have a monopoly on good players. Instead of raiding them and getting stung, I'd rather we looked for our own bargains. We can get better players for less money and make our bugdet stretch further. This is basically what Suso is there for.

I do wonder though, if we have bid 10m euros for Benrahma, it is to trigger a release clause. Smith would know if there was one.

Players moving to Brentford know its basically been a showroom. I don't mean that as an insult. So if you're a good player you would definitely consider insisting on a release clause in your contract so you dont get priced out of a move to a bigger club.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Brentford don't have a monopoly on good players. Instead of raiding them and getting stung, I'd rather we looked for our own bargains. We can get better players for less money and make our bugdet stretch further. This is basically what Suso is there for.

I do wonder though, if we have bid 10m euros for Benrahma, it is to trigger a release clause. Smith would know if there was one.

Players moving to Brentford know its basically been a showroom. I don't mean that as an insult. So if you're a good player you would definitely consider insisting on a release clause in your contract so you dont get priced out of a move to a bigger club.

i agree in principle, but Benrahma imo is a class player, and worth spending 10-15m on.....in my opinion.

but ye, we need to find our own "deals" out there, and hopefully we will/can.

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed I don’t think he’s good enough, but I wonder if in the club’s list of priorities they will think Taylor has played a couple of hundred Prem games, never been relegated, can probably do a job for a year with all the changes elsewhere... or will see Hause as a starting option there.

We need an upgrade on Taylor but it’s not a priority like other positions are and he keeps continuity. He looked fairly robust defensively last season, but pretty limited going forward, here in lies the improvement but perhaps we can spend money more effectively at the moment? 

23 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I don’t rate him even top championship let alone PL thought he was a liability at times defending.Looks very comfortable on the ball like all our defence but weak in the air imho

I guess that fits in with the fact that we are being linked more with your attacking players than defensive ones, and is also why you don't finish as high as your better players would suggest.

Cheers for the info.

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's so much talent in the leagues abroad it's complete lunacy to by any of those championship players for £15-20 million. 

I guess them being adjusted to the English game and culture is an argument for it though, I'll admit to that. 

It's also worth remembering that the championship is a strong league too and certainly more competitive and harder physically than many in Europe. If a player can hack it and impress, it's a good sign IMO. 

• Like 1

There's no way they'll get £20m straight up for Benrahma, certainly not a 'starting price' as one poster here alluded to. People have started to become wary of buying players from Brentford, very few of them seem to go on to do much outside of the machine. I don't think that'll be the case with Benrahma, but it will be in the minds of owners up and down the land. 

It'll end up in the region of £15m with add ons and of course their owner will take it. Adding him to El Ghazi and Jota it becomes less of a gamble and more a calculated strategy, should it be us he comes to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

For those ITK, how does a cheeky bid differ from a regular bid?

Regular bids are for all those boring championship links. 😉  Cheeky bids for  players who might get us to 7th a little quicker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's no way they'll get £20m straight up for Benrahma, certainly not a 'starting price' as one poster here alluded to. People have started to become wary of buying players from Brentford, very few of them seem to go on to do much outside of the machine. I don't think that'll be the case with Benrahma, but it will be in the minds of owners up and down the land. 

It'll end up in the region of £15m with add ons and of course their owner will take it. Adding him to El Ghazi and Jota it becomes less of a gamble and more a calculated strategy, should it be us he comes to. 

Agreed. I'd also go all out for Bowen. Just my opinion but he's a nailed on PL player and not a risk. I'd pay 15 to 20m for him without hesitation.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Tomori available for 10m apparently.  If no Axel, I'd take him next to Mings.  

We'll never sign him. He's always a day away.