Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Inspired transfers is there a formula ?No

Young or old ,championship or premier league experience ,English or foreign ,huge transfer fee or free transfer,previous injury or personality flaws.

Some of our greatest players-McGrath Man U reject ,alcoholic old probably the best defender we have ever had

Merson- alcoholic ,drug addict,etc brilliant player for villa

Pukki for Norwich 29 or 30 journey man top scorer in championship 

Dave Mackay for Derby 73/74 very old but led Derby to title

Probably the main ingredient they all share is mental will .

Its personality and inner drive that separates great players from the rest.With ability.

Out of the players that have been mentioned on this thread there is only one who I think fits into this category .Milner.

As regards the other players eg the Brentford posse I don’t know.

• Like 1

Just talking about Haller earlier but what about a cheeky bid for Ante Rebic?

Had a very good WC and there was talk of big clubs in for him but think a few decided he maybe wasn't technically good enough for elite CL level. Would be more than good enough for us and can play centrally or out wide in the 3. We also have Kalinic (for now) which could be useful in convincing him.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just talking about Haller earlier but what about a cheeky bid for Ante Rebic?

Had a very good WC and there was talk of big clubs in for him but think a few decided he maybe wasn't technically good enough for elite CL level. Would be more than good enough for us and can play centrally or out wide in the 3. We also have Kalinic (for now) which could be useful in convincing him.

Similar to Haller, TransferMarkt has him valued at €40 million. Even if that's high, I'd still suspect he's too rich for our blood.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we are really in for Benrahma I reckon we are trying to sign him before African Nations. 

I very much doubt it, as he's back home in France still recovering from ankle surgery at the end of April, and could even be doubtful for the start of the season, so I doubt if any bids have been lodged until he's made a full recovery and proved his fitness,  it's all fantasy talk and cut and paste journalism doing the rounds.

• Like 1

I've just come in after a great night out with family and friends, and browsed the Villa news before going to bed (as you do).

I have a question  .... who the F*ck are Birmingham Live, Hitc, Sports Witness, etc, etc?

A bunch of teenage bloggers trolling Forums such as VT, and trying to turn posts into "NEWS".

I've had enough of the clickbait shit that dominates News Now pretending to be 'NEWS'.

Let's get rid of the lying *****rs by refusing to click on their pathetic totally invented "NEWS'.

We do not need these parasites!

These low life need to have their collective arses kicked by Villa fans. They need to be told in no uncertain terms that they are bottom feeding scum.

Good night all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

While we're in the market for Algerians, I wonder how much Youcef Atal would cost. Had a very nice season for Nice. Could be our CDM.

I'd love for us to sign him. He's had a fantastic season at Nice, and wouldn't cost a bomb. Played all last season as either a RB or a right wing back though, so wouldn't see him as a CDM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can you stop with the Bananarama puns now please.  It ain't what you do on here. 

I apologise, for I am guilty.

Guilty as a drunken bee.

4 hours ago, peterms said:

I can't keep up with this.

How many sleeps until the window closes?

How can you sleep at a time like this? 

Edited by Ponky

I think that Justin would be mad to go to Leicester over us. They’re obviously an established premier league club now but we’re a much bigger club with a higher ceiling.

Provided we can match whatever they’re offering in wages, I think he’d be mad not to choose us. They have two solid fullbacks in Pereira and Chilwell so might not see game time whereas both our fullback positions are up for grabs. 

Dunno, just seems we’re a much better option for a young fullback. 

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think that Justin would be mad to go to Leicester over us. They’re obviously an established premier league club now but we’re a much bigger club with a higher ceiling.

Provided we can match whatever they’re offering in wages, I think he’d be mad not to choose us. They have two solid fullbacks in Pereira and Chilwell so might not see game time whereas both our fullback positions are up for grabs. 

Yeah he'd be crazy. 

Look at Veretout when he chose us over leicester. Things worked out brilliantly for him. 

We have huge potential but right now leicester are miles ahead of us. They won the league a few years back. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chilwell strongly tipped to go to ManCity, so that wouldn’t be a problem. He should, though, still choose Villa after weighing up all the pros and cons 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah he'd be crazy. 

Look at Veretout when he chose us over leicester. Things worked out brilliantly for him. 

We have huge potential but right now leicester are miles ahead of us. They won the league a few years back. 

I wouldn’t say Leicester are miles ahead of us. Ahead of us, yes. Let’s see where the respective squads are at when the transfer window closes, if it were closing next week I’d be worried! I’ve every confidence in Dean Smith to get a competitive 11 together ready for August. And remember, Villa are the club that attracted the likes of Abraham and Bolasie last summer when they were thought to staying in Premier League. I’d imagine Bolasie regrets leaving in January!

5 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just come in after a great night out with family and friends, and browsed the Villa news before going to bed (as you do).

I have a question  .... who the F*ck are Birmingham Live, Hitc, Sports Witness, etc, etc?

A bunch of teenage bloggers trolling Forums such as VT, and trying to turn posts into "NEWS".

I've had enough of the clickbait shit that dominates News Now pretending to be 'NEWS'.

Let's get rid of the lying *****rs by refusing to click on their pathetic totally invented "NEWS'.

We do not need these parasites!

These low life need to have their collective arses kicked by Villa fans. They need to be told in no uncertain terms that they are bottom feeding scum.

Good night all.

I've just come in from a great night too and I too am reading Villa news before bed.  I read VillaTalk precisely because I can disseminate all the click bait stories.  You should be encouraging people to do this for us!

Benrahma is rated higher than Maupay as far as transfer value so I would expect we would be looking for 20 million plus.Really hope we can keep him and Maupay for at least one more season as from what I hear we are lining up some more physical signings this summer to address our soft under belly especially away from home.Then hopefully you can all get a chance to see Maupay and Benrahma playing at Villa Park.

in a Brentford shirt 😉

28 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I wouldn’t say Leicester are miles ahead of us. Ahead of us, yes. Let’s see where the respective squads are at when the transfer window closes, if it were closing next week I’d be worried! I’ve every confidence in Dean Smith to get a competitive 11 together ready for August. And remember, Villa are the club that attracted the likes of Abraham and Bolasie last summer when they were thought to staying in Premier League. I’d imagine Bolasie regrets leaving in January!

I love what we are doing and have full faith in smith and the owners but we are miles behind leicester at this point. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I love what we are doing and have full faith in smith and the owners but we are miles behind leicester at this point. 

Just about to say the same thing.  We obviously tried to steal a march by bidding early for Justin, but him and/or his agent wanted to see other offers, one now being Leicester.   Be surprised if he now came to us, which is why we may have moved on already.   These things happen don't they, but we are nowhere near Leicester in terms of squad, stability etc.