Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And moan we argue that Jack will be worth  a market value around £80m - £100m by the end of the 19/20 season going by player inflation.

A very good season and both Jack and John are going to be a crazy looking price.

All is needed is an excellent season from our players and there prices will shoot through the roof.

I would absoloute love Steer to fight any competition that comes in off, to increase his value to a point we all think we're dreaming, god knows if he has a great season he would deserve it for all his hard work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A very good season and both Jack and John are going to be a crazy looking price.

All is needed is an excellent season from our players and there prices will shoot through the roof.

I would absoloute love Steer to fight any competition that comes in off, to increase his value to a point we all think we're dreaming, god knows if he has a great season he would deserve it for all his hard work.

Wonder what the odds would be at a high-street bookies for Jed Steer to be named in a international squad in the next couple of years...

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which is why it cracks me up when people claim Steer is worth about £ 3 million 

Those two penalty saves against WBA alone added 3 million and the rest onto his worth..

11 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Wonder what the odds would be at a high-street bookies for Jed Steer to be named in a international squad in the next couple of years...

Yeah I bet the odds are rubbish at the moment, yet if he plays a blinder this season, Southgate will have him as no1.

Southgate does seem to have moved away from the earn your place in the team, too sit on a bench or don't play football for your club and we will pick you over a championship player who has been playing brilliant.

Do not like what Southgate has become and his England teams performance other night is a reason why he needs to go back to what he did best at the start of his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Brentford don't have a monopoly on good players. Instead of raiding them and getting stung, I'd rather we looked for our own bargains. We can get better players for less money and make our bugdet stretch further. This is basically what Suso is there for.

I do wonder though, if we have bid 10m euros for Benrahma, it is to trigger a release clause. Smith would know if there was one.

Players moving to Brentford know its basically been a showroom. I don't mean that as an insult. So if you're a good player you would definitely consider insisting on a release clause in your contract so you dont get priced out of a move to a bigger club.

Correct, its not an insult, its just the way we have to work to survive, we scrapped our academy a couple of years ago as well off clubs were tempting them away if they showed signs of promise, and we could only get paid a derisory amount, we now just run a B team, this way there is a clear path to the 1st Team, its taken a couple of years but is now paying off with a few previous B team players now promoted to the 1st team with Championship games already under their belt. 

We arrange all our own B team matches home and on the continent, we played against reserve teams such as Man u, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, West Brom, Bournemouth, Grasshopper Zurich, Saltzburg, and a few Scandinavian teams to name a few, any young player knows that when joining us we never stand in their way of a move, providing we get the required price, a classic example is Chris Mepham who was a B player then a 1st Team player, who was wanted by Bournemouth, they tabled a bid of £ 6 million last July that we politely turned down telling to return with a sensible offer, this they did in January and we reached a mutual figure of £12 million with add ons, a win win for both teams.

As far as I know there is no release clause for Benrahma, just a high starting price. (providing his ankle surgery went OK)

OK well if there has been sugery involved recently, I can't see there being a move any time soon. Not unless the price makes it worth the gamble. I can't see any club even considering offering big money at this stage, which I'm sure will not distress Brentford at all.

We need fit players to have a full preseason and hit the ground running. So I would suggest Villa move on from Benrahma for now. There are plenty of other options.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

OK well if there has been sugery involved recently, I can't see there being a move any time soon. Not unless the price makes it worth the gamble. I can't see any club even considering offering big money at this stage, which I'm sure will not distress Brentford at all.

We need fit players to have a full preseason and hit the ground running. So I would suggest Villa move on from Benrahma for now. There are plenty of other options.

This, especially ankle surgery as it can cause problems throughout the players career. The most extreme example of this would be Dean Ashton, but you never know.

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Yes I do. might need year in and around our squad if signed to get best our him... get him in now and develop him. Massive potential he is one for the future but I have no doubt he will do well in premiership and good option off bench to start with. For around £3milluon no brainier.

He is also my suggestion to Villa have recommended him twice now via Dave (Dean’s brother) and messaging our new head of recruitment on LinkedIn about Bayliss.

I’’m so excited to see if he signs :D

Get messaging them about Turnbull! Only Barnsley in for him atm says Twitter.

57 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This guy seems to be back. 

Could be an imposer tho.

Follow quickly ;) It's still public for now...

Still public, so already wrong on his tweets!

Amazes me the length these accounts will go to, to try and persuade strangers on the internet they are ITK, when the truth is they are probably making things up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Amazes me the length these accounts will go to, to try and persuade strangers on the internet they are ITK, when the truth is they are probably making things up

Yeah, very likely it's fake. Will be easy to tell pretty quickly :D 

Seems 95% of the players we are linked with on Twitter and through the MSM are ones already mentioned on this thread. Hardly a coincidence I bet...

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

The original avfctransfers 100% worked at the medical centre where we would conduct our player medicals. He never got anything wrong, ever. 

I'm pretty sure he got sacked mind you. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The original avfctransfers 100% worked at the medical centre where we would conduct our player medicals. He never got anything wrong, ever. 

Yeah he seemed to disappear very abruptly. Kinda had a feeling that he got found out.

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seems 95% of the players we are linked with on Twitter and through the MSM are ones already mentioned on this thread. Hardly a coincidence I bet...

My impression of this thread is that it's us all talking about the links in the media and on Twitter. 

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

working in a high profile role at a major football club and sacked just because you want a few twitter followers...what a strange society we live in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

working in a high profile role at a major football club and sacked just because you want a few twitter followers...what a strange society we live in

To be honest it can't be THAT hard to figure out who leaked it. It must only be privy to a few people. 

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

My impression of this thread is that it's us all talking about the links in the media and on Twitter. 

I don't know. Lolley was mentioned on here way before (as expected) the media mentioned it. Benrahma has been mentioned on here for 10 days or so and now its in the papers. Maupay to a lesser extent as well. 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Exactly. Why would you risk your job for a few likes on social media. Must be mental.