Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

A Lot of people in Scotland rate Turnbull as even bigger prospect than John McGinn was when at Hibs. We all know what happened there he came to Villa and took us to Premier League.

Turnbull is  only 19 and 15 goals in his first season in Scotland from Central Midfield is not to be sniffed at. He’s impressed me every single time I watched him last season.

Again, you're not wrong Chris. That is a hell of a return from a midfielder and if he can emulate that if he lands up at Celtic he will be worth signing even more so next season and still feesable imo.

If he hit's Bournmouth then a silly Premier League price tag will be slapped on his head by next season.

Although by rights.. after this new season we will be able to the same with McGinn. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Very pleased with the Benrahma bid. He is someone from the Championship I really do rate and him and El Ghazi on either wing (once El Ghazi deal becomes permanent) would be very exciting I think. Maupay scored lots of goals for Brentford but I think Benrahma was their best player and it was his first season in England. 

You are correct Benrahma is our best player.

12 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You are correct Benrahma is our best player.

Although you quote prices of £20m plus, could Brentford afford to turn down say £12m when you can clearly just buy 3 future PL players with that money?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

We've not been linked this window yet (to my knowledge anyway) but apparently Harry Wilson is available for £21 million this summer. Depending on our budget he's got to be worth a punt at that price

The mirror have mentioned it, albeit incredibly tenuously. 

Almost like they've picked a name out of out of thin air. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Although you quote prices of £20m plus, could Brentford afford to turn down say £12m when you can clearly just buy 3 future PL players with that money?

Yes, I think we can turn it down (subject to him recovering well from his ankle surgery) and we would not be spending £12 million on 3 more future players, that's far to much for us to pay, we buy cheap, develop them and sell dear, that's our club owners philosophy, our record buy is only about £3 million.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Yes, I think we can turn it down (subject to him recovering well from his ankle surgery) and we would not be spending £12 million on 3 more future players, that's far to much for us to pay, we buy cheap, develop them and sell dear, that's our club owners philosophy, our record buy is only about £3 million.

How much do you think Konsa is worth. Looks a good prospect and, selfishly, I think he could be good alongside Mings. We can give you Chester or Hogan in p/x. 🙂

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Exciting stuff, I hope we get him. Do you think he can make a quick transition to the PL?

Yes I do. might need year in and around our squad if signed to get best our him... get him in now and develop him. Massive potential he is one for the future but I have no doubt he will do well in premiership and good option off bench to start with. For around £3milluon no brainier.

He is also my suggestion to Villa have recommended him twice now via Dave (Dean’s brother) and messaging our new head of recruitment on LinkedIn about Bayliss.

I’’m so excited to see if he signs :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yes I do. might need year in and around our squad if signed to get best our him... get him in now and develop him. Massive potential he is one for the future but I have no doubt he will do well in premiership and good option off bench to start with. For around £3milluon no brainier.

He is also my suggestion to Villa have recommended him twice now via Dave (Dean’sbrother) and messaging our new head of recruitment on LinkedIn about Bayliss.

If we sign him, we'll never know if you were partially responsible but I'm going to choose to believe that you were. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

How much do you think Konsa is worth. Looks a good prospect and, selfishly, I think he could be good alongside Mings. We can give you Chester or Hogan in p/x. 🙂

Konsa was a great buy, the greedy Charlton  owner was only after the money, apparently we paid up in one go for him (very unusual, as most payments are spread over a period of time)  with no sell on clause as well,  as far as value is concerned it's difficult to put a price on him, he is one of the best young and skillful players Iv'e seen for a long time,  picked for the England under 21's for this summers matches, at the rate he is developing I will put money on him hopefully making the full England team in the future, He has 2 years + 1 year option left on his contract so I would imagine he would not come cheap we would at least expect to get quadruple or more what we paid for him, with a large sell on fee.

Thanks for the offer of Chester or Hogan, but I think we will be giving both of them a miss, i also think you still have the final payment to pay us for the Hogan fee, We mugged Bruce off there, didn't we !!!!  

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He is also my suggestion to Villa have recommended him twice now via Dave (Dean’sbrother) and messaging our new head of recruitment on LinkedIn about Bayliss.

Thanks for the insight here re recommendations to the club.  Would you say the club listen and take on board your suggestions or are they a closed shop in that respect?    

Good young talent in the lower leagues and abroad should not be overlooked and you seem to have a very good knowledge of good young players.   What do think of Marcus Maddison?  

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we sign him, we'll never know if you were partially responsible but I'm going to choose to believe that you were. 

Check/search  my posts mate I first suggested him on here Dec 2017/Jan 2018 in the transfer window thread he was an unknown then. 

Trust me in that I suggested him they would have gone  and looked into him. Which is fine by me.

imdoing alright in scouting only been at Crewe officially just over a week started officially 1st June and already got 4 players of good potential into the  club at u16. I’m at a trial day today in Newcastle Under Lyme at Gordon Banks stadium.. I hope to add to the lads  I’ve already bought in 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Not my business or money but our owner has got a history of not getting mugged off like we used to by big clubs.A recent example was with Bournmouth who  bid 6 million for Chris Mepham last year then 10 mill at the start of last season both were turned down he went eventually for 13 mill ++.The fact that we sold well over 30 million pounds worth of players last season tells me we can afford to wait for the right price whatever that means especially when the player is still under a long contract.Benrahma will leave I believe as he is quality and other clubs will come in for him as well as Villa and that will push the price up to around 18 to 20 mill thats with add ons.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ask for a bulk discount and get them to throw in some free welks. Have you never been to Brentford market?

Gurcha Wingers. Furty millyun pahnd. Lavly deefendurs... 2 fah forrrrty millyun...

• Haha 2

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Check/search  my posts mate I first suggested him on here Dec 2017/Jan 2018 in the transfer window thread he was an unknown then. 

Trust me in that I suggested him they would have gone  and looked into him. Which is fine by me.

imdoing alright in scouting only been at Crewe officially just over a week started officially 1st June and already got 4 players of good potential into club two 9year olds and  two 14 year olds. I’m at a trial day today in Newcastle Under Lyme at Gordon Banks stadium.. I hope to add to the 4. I’ve alreasy bought on 

I know, that's why I'm choosing to believe that you were - post was meant to be on the tongue-in-cheek side! 

Best of luck with the career, dude - you're certainly working hard enough! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I know, that's why I'm choosing to believe that you were - post was meant to be on the tongue-in-cheek side! 

Best of luck with the career, dude - you're certainly working hard enough! 

Thanks mate, I’ll keep plugging away. UTV

• Like 1