Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

28 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Brentford don't have a monopoly on good players. Instead of raiding them and getting stung, I'd rather we looked for our own bargains. We can get better players for less money and make our bugdet stretch further. This is basically what Suso is there for.

I do wonder though, if we have bid 10m euros for Benrahma, it is to trigger a release clause. Smith would know if there was one.

Players moving to Brentford know its basically been a showroom. I don't mean that as an insult. So if you're a good player you would definitely consider insisting on a release clause in your contract so you dont get priced out of a move to a bigger club.

The benefit is that they are already settled in England. We saw with Veretout and others, it takes time (and not a thick manager tbf) so by buying from Brentford we are buying settled players and thus are worth the price - imho. 

We might get cheaper elsewhere and abroad, but we'd have to give them time to learn the English fame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The benefit is that they are already settled in England. We saw with Veretout and others, it takes time (and not a thick manager tbf) so by buying from Brentford we are buying settled players and thus are worth the price - imho. 

We might get cheaper elsewhere and abroad, but we'd have to give them time to learn the English fame. 

I take the point, but that's why you do your homework. Championship players have to adjust to the PL too. There's no guarantees. I wouldn't pay a premium because they are settled in the Championship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I take the point, but that's why you do your homework. Championship players have to adjust to the PL too. There's no guarantees. I wouldn't pay a premium because they are settled in the Championship.

Yeah I know where you're coming from. I guess the positive now is that we have a good team in charge who should do the research, plus a manager who will do his best to get the player up to speed.

It's a nice conversation to have.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was only joking :)

in all honestly i would pull out the stops for benrahma and just table a 15m offer with some sort of sell of profit percentage, I really like him as a player.

maupay I'm not so sure, he looks good but I'm not sure if he would be able to lead the line as a sole striker in the prem, can't decide if he's a bit on the small side for that kind of role, maybe he could but I'm not as convinced with him as I am with benrahma.

I agree with all of that but think we need Maupay more than Benrahma next season if we want a top six finish.Maupay would be a big gamble in PL,yes I would say that😃but you are talking similar  money for Mitrovic at Fulham who is a far better and still only 24.I expect you are right about the deal that will get done.Remember Dean has seen him in training and is more aware than most of his talent.

Edited by Brentfordnylons

Said it in the other thread but we currently have 9 first team players (over 21) who are 'Homegrown' we need a minimum of 8 in the 25 man squad. Assuming Mings and Hause join it would be up to 11.

Steer, Chester, Mings, Hause, Taylor, Bree, Lansbury, Tshibola, Grealish, Hourihane and Hogan

can see a few of those leaving in an ideal world.

Edited by VILLAMARV

I am happy that our perceived targets are mainly championship based for many reasons already discussed here, mainly that they shouldn't take as long to settle as already adjusted to living here (along with their families) which is huge considering how many players we simply have to buy to have a viable squad. Getting as many of the loan players back will help as well where possible.

Adding that their wages should be on the side of manageable that we can keep them should we go down and suddenly start having to comply to profit and sustainability rules.

If we have a good season it creates a platform to go buy those luxury players we all crave next season.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

£21m?

:lol:

I really hope we're looking abroad for players.

Unfortunately that's the premium you players for English talent.

Agree that I hope we are looking aboard, but we also do need a certain amount of English players In  the squad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Agree that I hope we are looking aboard, but we also do need a certain amount of English players In  the squad.

Which is why it cracks me up when people claim Steer is worth about £ 3 million 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which is why it cracks me up when people claim Steer is worth about £ 3 million 

And moan we argue that Jack will be worth  a market value around £80m - £100m by the end of the 19/20 season going by player inflation.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Brentford don't have a monopoly on good players. Instead of raiding them and getting stung, I'd rather we looked for our own bargains. We can get better players for less money and make our bugdet stretch further. This is basically what Suso is there for.

I do wonder though, if we have bid 10m euros for Benrahma, it is to trigger a release clause. Smith would know if there was one.

Players moving to Brentford know its basically been a showroom. I don't mean that as an insult. So if you're a good player you would definitely consider insisting on a release clause in your contract so you dont get priced out of a move to a bigger club.

Certain Brentford players would be an excellent purchase and I would go as far to say they would fit wonderfully into Villa and what Smith wants to try and achieve.

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ahem... Welsh, thank you very kindly 😋