Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

42 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I read that Villa Report twitter account is run by aliens who also worked with the FBI in the late 50s.

No, you are totally wrong!

Its run by Dale Stephens live from New Hall, under duress because Julie B is standing over him wearing leather and holding a whip telling him what to tweet. 

Just on the sheer number of players we need which is worrying people, remember only 3 players who started this successful play off final started last year's unsuccessful play off final. 

We effectively replaced the whole team and improved. 

Whilst it's not ideal it's nothing to be too worried about either.  I'm sure our first Premier League game will contain more than 3 of the play off final team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Just on the sheer number of players we need which is worrying people, remember only 3 players who started this successful play off final started last year's unsuccessful play off final. 

We effectively replaced the whole team and improved. 

Whilst it's not ideal it's nothing to be too worried about either.  I'm sure our first Premier League game will contain more than 3 of the play off final team. 

We’ve all been scarred by that relegation season. So many signings. Actual optimism in the summer. But we could not defend to save our lives. 

This time we seem to have a very good coaching setup and the club is being run differently from top to bottom. No doubt it will be different this time but until we start seeing the new players come in you can’t help but worry. 

I have to admit though when I look at our squad from the one that finished 6th 3 seasons in a row to the ones that Lambert kept in this league. I do think the Premier league is much stronger than its ever been in the past.

I wasn't too excited about signing any more uncoordinated untalented has beens, but I am glad I rechecked.

We are not in for Bananarama.

Edited by AJ
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Avfc agent saying Mings offer was accepted earlier this evening.Hope to god he is right

Interesting, does he have a good record? I can't follow him cos he's private :(

Usually anyone with "agent" in their name is full of shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting, does he have a good record? I can't follow him cos he's private :(

Usually anyone with "agent" in their name is full of shit.

Not bad,been fairly spot on from what i've seen,Haven't been following him that long so maybe somebody else here would know better

Just now, turvontour said:

It's annoying that we're going to have to do a load of great deals just to get to the same team that played in the playoff final.

That's the problem with loans I suppose.

not really, we will have a different LB, CB, DMC, RW and striker.

so minimum 5 players different, 50% of outfield players.

• Like 1

happy to see a Benrahma bid actually went in, i was worried it was fake news.

Would love El Ghazi, Mings, Hause, Benrahma, Jota...........all really nice signings if we can get em all.

• Like 1

He did tweet pretty much straight away stating Gomez wasn't going to happen when the story started doing the rounds,Hopefully he is wrong on that one.

Sinkgraven will be the one that will show how much he knows because i haven't seen him linked anywhere else yet.

Would love us to bid for Ampadu,looked very good when he came on for Wales earlier today