Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This might sound stupid but aiderweld has a 25m release clause. Let's instead go for him ahead of Phillips and spend less on a cm.

Ok he might reject us but when he sees the plans we have here he might be persuaded.  He would be a absolutely sensational signing for us.

lol. 

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I wouldn't want us spending £25m on a 30-year old who will be on £100k+ / week and will probably want a 3-4 year deal.

And given our new transfer model, neither would the club.  So basically it's a non-starter.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah the signings of veretout, gana and amavi were class signings.

I think the problem was we had a good idea, or at least someone at the club did, but we had none of the infrastructure to support support them properly, or a management and coaching structure to get the best out of them, and worst of all the manager just wanted to buy crap overpaid old English players.

I don't think Sherwood had the nouse to get the best out of veretout tbh, he needed time to settle and develop and he didn't get it.

Also i think our play style and formation wasn't conducive to getting the best out of them.

So yeah seems one guy had the right idea and the rest of the club did their best to f*ck it up.

I habe no doubt that Deano, the coaches and people at the club right up to suso would have no trouble integrating and getting the best out of these types of players now.

Under the regime pre relegation we got the first 5% right and then proceeded to completely wreck the following 95% of the plan....or lack of plan.

It's rumoured that Sherwood didn't want Veretout, so did his best to ostracise him from the start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Throwing a name out there for shits and giggles as I’m bored how’s about Eric Dier .... surely Now won’t get much game time versatile ... young...English (overrated imo) levy would want a ridiculous amount for him ... more than he is worth ... slow day so just thought I’d throw his name out there to see what response as bored of discussing Phillips will he or won’t he join us and he fits a similar criteria .... Tin hat on ... 

I'd much prefer Wanyama tbh and after their new signing yesterday I think he will be on the move but he will probably have teams higher up the scale looking at him. 

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why the f*** haven't we signed anyone today.

God, I'm bored.

You're like a hot girl you've been messaging all day. She's been telling you she's going to do bad things to you. Get to the evening and she's "got a headache....."

Such a boner killer

• Like 1

I still would like to see us sign

1. Mings

2. DM (nakamba is available for €7m rather than £20m apparently)

3. Abraham/ST

4. Tuanzebe/CB

in that order. With all the namens being shouted, we would be doing a Fulham. Keep as many of last years team, the dynamic was good and we can improve a few areas (eg Wesley and Targett)

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I wouldn't want us spending £25m on a 30-year old who will be on £100k+ / week and will probably want a 3-4 year deal.

If he keeps us up this year and next that alone is worth it. He is a brilliant cb

5 minutes ago, Nath_s91 said:

Is there anyone missing that should be back at training? some may be due back next week due to internationals.  

no Bjarnasson, Mcginn or Kalinic by the look of it, Tishbola's there which is interesting

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1146425864739049473

Weird. Could Kalinic still be injured?

Bournemouth have been linked with Billing which is a shame because with their track record for wildly overpaying for players his price will inexplicably rise ridiculously.

Would be happy with either Billing or Phillips or both as replacements for Whelan & Jedi... 

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He was on the bench for the Play-Off Final so he's fit unless something happened to him on holiday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Kalinic was in the Croatia national team squad who played Tunisia on the 11th of June (on the bench). He, like McGinn and Bjarnasson who were also on international duty, will likely have been given an extra week break before having to return for pre-season training.

• Like 3