Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

The goalkeeper situation is curios. Why has all gone quiet on Butland I wonder?

3 weeks ago I didn't think we needed a new GK as I'd hoped Kalinic would step up and do a decent job with a run of games.

I'm a bit nervous about going into the season ahead with a Steer / Kalinic combo. Fulham showed last season changing and chopping GK's is hugely disruptive to a defence, which will be a little chop and change itself for the first few game.

Getting a couple of solid CBs and a GK that would be an improvement on our current two would be invaluable.

I've watched Trezeguet play three times so this is approx 270 minutes of opinions. 

Plus side .... He's a dangerous left winger who likes to cut inside, he's quick, tricky, technically gifted with decent stamina.

Negative side .... his temperament does not look ideal for the Premier League, he seems petulant and I lost count of the number of times he threw himself down when he received the slightest of touches. He makes our Jack look like a saint in the diving department, his yellow card count for simulation would be off the scale.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Throwing a name out there for shits and giggles as I’m bored how’s about Eric Dier .... surely Now won’t get much game time versatile ... young...English (overrated imo) levy would want a ridiculous amount for him ... more than he is worth ... slow day so just thought I’d throw his name out there to see what response as bored of discussing Phillips will he or won’t he join us and he fits a similar criteria .... Tin hat on ... 

For the money he'd cost you'd get about 3 or 4 quality actually good players.

Or 2-3 Brentford players.

• Haha 3

Anyone watched much of Philip Billing at Huddersfield?

Could he be someone who can do a job for us?

From what I've seen he's not bad at all, big, quick head and never seem to tire.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone watched much of Philip Billing at Huddersfield?

Worth having on the books. Always gives a good account of himself... 

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

The goalkeeper situation is curios. Why has all gone quiet on Butland I wonder?

3 weeks ago I didn't think we needed a new GK as I'd hoped Kalinic would step up and do a decent job with a run of games.

I'm a bit nervous about going into the season ahead with a Steer / Kalinic combo. Fulham showed last season changing and chopping GK's is hugely disruptive to a defence, which will be a little chop and change itself for the first few game.

Getting a couple of solid CBs and a GK that would be an improvement on our current two would be invaluable.

I don't think we were ever in for Butland.

We need a buyer for Kalinic for anything to happen on the GK front.

If Ryan Fraser is available for around £25m he'd be a great buy.

He might see it as a sideways step and be looking at a bigger club, but worth a try.

Edited by sne
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

If Ryan Fraser is available for around £25m he'd be a great buy.

He might see it as a sideways step and be looking at a bigger club, but worth a try.

Aren't Arsenal looking at him?  He'd be an astonishing purchase.  Not a chance in hell, but hey, worth a try.  They can only say no :) 

EDIT : Actually, they could say no on one of those musical cards that has the laughing policeman recorded on it.  That'd be really hurtful.  Best not to try.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why the f*** haven't we signed anyone today.

God, I'm bored.

Why did you lie to us....... AGAIN? :sadface:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

This might sound stupid but aiderweld has a 25m release clause. Let's instead go for him ahead of Phillips and spend less on a cm.

Ok he might reject us but when he sees the plans we have here he might be persuaded.  He would be a absolutely sensational signing for us.

When does the team fly out to the USA?

Game is 17th July isn't it?, but I assume we will be going there a week or so earlier and the game is the culmination of the training camp?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This might sound stupid but aiderweld has a 25m release clause. Let's instead go for him ahead of Phillips and spend less on a cm.

Ok he might reject us but when he sees the plans we have here he might be persuaded.  He would be a absolutely sensational signing for us.

I wouldn't want us spending £25m on a 30-year old who will be on £100k+ / week and will probably want a 3-4 year deal.

• Like 1