Racism Part two

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

How are these young adults going to make to the transition into the workplace given the above

Much like every other generation before them I imagine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Could they? Easily I mean. 

My folks purchased their flat in Erdington for £4400 in 1974. Dad's salary as a PC was about £1200 a year then. They couldn't have afforded a three bed house. My Dad had old cars (Fords/Vauxhalls) until he was in his 50's and his first trip out of the country was when he was nearly 40. 

I wouldn't have swapped places with my parents in terms of being young. Then again I wouldn't swap places with teenagers now. I think me hitting 18 in 1997 was probably the sweet spot. 

I do agree that house prices have got out of control now and the disparity between wages and house prices is just getting wider. I wouldn't want to be starting out now as a new starter into the working world. I was probably part of the generation that could get away with not having any qualifications and still ending up with a decent job. 

Yep my parents were the same , they had to beg , borrow and steal to raise the £4K to buy their first house . The car was a second hand Austin A40 with back windows that would fall down every time you went over a bump

luckily for my generation Thatcher  came along and brought prosperity to what was a sick and dying country so we didn’t have it quite as tough as our parents , who probably think we had it easy ... and so on and so on 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Could they? Easily I mean. 

My folks purchased their flat in Erdington for £4400 in 1974. Dad's salary as a PC was about £1200 a year then. They couldn't have afforded a three bed house. My Dad had old cars (Fords/Vauxhalls) until he was in his 50's and his first trip out of the country was when he was nearly 40. 

I wouldn't have swapped places with my parents in terms of being young. Then again I wouldn't swap places with teenagers now. I think me hitting 18 in 1997 was probably the sweet spot. 

I do agree that house prices have got out of control now and the disparity between wages and house prices is just getting wider. I wouldn't want to be starting out now as a new starter into the working world. I was probably part of the generation that could get away with not having any qualifications and still ending up with a decent job. 

see Youtube/twitch/tiktoc star, influencer etc.

Edited by villakram

On 13/03/2021 at 17:19, Spoony said:

There’s definitely no simple answer and I agree my above post is too simplistic and in an ideal world we can just educate and get along.

One thing to add though, I don’t think the generational divide helps. I’m a millennial by definition but I think the fact we have “boomer”, “millennial”, “gen x” etc is **** stupid. Does saying “ok boomer”, calling everyone Karen or a snowflake really helping!?? Just helps to grow the divide really. Insulting people rarely brings them round to a different point a view. If you struggle to get through to the older generation, try harder. 

I always thought millennials meant you were born this millennium 🤣 

Today I've just realised I’m a millennial!  I feel young again !! 

Just read the last few pages and what I hate  is the lack of respect when replying to a person you disagree with.

If you disagree with something then just respectfully explain why rather than responding with ‘bollocks’.   

Now that would never of happened in my day ;) 

It’s also got nothing to do with racism. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He is one of our own as well. William when he is king should track down this journalist and have him put in the tower

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

On 17/03/2021 at 20:46, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The State of this Pleb🤦🏾‍♂️

Screenshot_20210317-222956_2.jpg

sketch-1616013821460.jpg

That Luke Ferguson is a nasty scummy word removed, always posting stuff like that. I left that group because of people like him. As @Keyblade says, no point following those groups when that kind of shit goes unpunished.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That Luke Ferguson is a nasty scummy word removed, always posting stuff like that. I left that group because of people like him. As @Keyblade says, no point following those groups when that kind of shit goes unpunished.

What an absolute ignorant and uneducated prick he really is.

Tw@t!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

He is one of our own as well. William when he is king should track down this journalist and have him put in the tower

His Twitter feed is great too (Zephaniah's, that is). Very wholesome, spends his time praising kids' efforts at poetry mostly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

His Twitter feed is great too (Zephaniah's, that is). Very wholesome, spends his time praising kids' efforts at poetry mostly.

There used to be quite a congregation of Rastafarians in the left-hand corner of the Holte  end at the front back in the day. My mates dad was one of them so we often spent a bit of time each game in their company. There was always a very sweet smell which was strangely addictive and they were a cracking bunch and very funny to a man. I always remember some of the things they used to shout at the ref having to be explained  to me🤣I wonder if he had any relatives amongst them, Pretty good chance I would imagine

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 20:25, KentVillan said:

Agreed. The sad thing about football is there are more scumbags to normal folk than there are in general society. I generally stay away from “pashun” in football and just enjoy the game, the lads I like watching it with personally and you norms on VT. As you mention on fb you can get away with saying all sorts. At least with VT these kinds of cockwombles get muted and/or booted. 

• Like 4

Â