Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's kind of funny how surface level the logic is (and the entire concept of race really). How would she be able to know if someone is "English" if there weren't some obvious physical marker like having dark skin? I could be a Lithuanian immigrant, change my name to an Gareth Pepperidge, put on an accent and boom I'm English, and she'd be none the wiser. Her entire house of cards collapses after just thinking about her views for an extra 5 seconds.

Poor example but very much like 

It's kind of funny how surface level the logic is (and the entire concept of race really). How would she be able to know if someone is "English" if there weren't some obvious physical marker like having dark skin? I could be a Lithuanian immigrant, change my name to an Gareth Pepperidge, put on an accent and boom I'm English, and she'd be none the wiser. Her entire house of cards collapses after just thinking about her views for an extra 5 seconds.

Like Bedrich Polouvicki being a perfect example and I bet she would have watched it as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

She’s gonna **** freak when she realises the Windsors have changed their name.

The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (/ˌsæks ˌkoʊbɜːrɡ ... ˈɡoʊθə, -tə/;[1] German: Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha) is a German dynasty.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I remember some years ago now a poster insisting out of nowhere that @Davkaus is Lithuanian, so perhaps this has already been done :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

30k anti jew reactions to some shite on the villa facebook page

Wonder if it's your deranged muzzas or your old school your deranged whiteys

It seems it is mainly muslims, Middle Eastern by the look of it. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

It seems it is mainly muslims, Middle Eastern by the look of it. 

it appears so. We have several players from Muslim countries who are followed by tens of thousands of people and they therefore follow the club social media too. 

Sadly world peace and love to all is way off! 

Seeing a lot of boomer "leave the politics out of my football" posts there too.

Absolute Tory Horseshit. That opinion was being pushed by Tories from at least the 70's and the anti-apartheid boycott movement (possibly earlier but not that would be before my time). Sadly that no politics in sport thing appears to have stuck in certain sections of the British psyche.

• Like 3

Seeing a lot of boomer "leave the politics out of my football" posts there too.

No politics in sport, apart from sending abuse to James McClean when he doesn't wear the poppy.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

No politics in sport, apart from sending abuse to James McClean when he doesn't wear the poppy.

Yeah funnily enough they were just listing all the politics they don't agree with for some reason. Nothing about national anthems at games or moments of silences on Rememberance Day etc.

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

it appears so. We have several players from Muslim countries who are followed by tens of thousands of people and they therefore follow the club social media too. 

Sadly world peace and love to all is way off! 

Same reaction to a ‘Happy Holi’ post made by the club as well. Not sure why Middle Eastern Muslims have a problem with a Hindu festival mainly celebrated in India. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Same reaction to a ‘Happy Holi’ post made by the club as well. Not sure why Middle Eastern Muslims have a problem with a Hindu festival mainly celebrated in India. 

I imagine it's related to the way the Indian government are treating their Muslim citizens (not that this makes the angry posts justified, but I would think that's the context).

• Like 2

Because quite regularly fully vested followers of the three main Abrahamic Religions tend to be intolerant, ultra-conservative.....(trying to find a nice way to finish this)…...nincompoops.  

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think reactions to both of these seem to be more political than anything. There's bad blood. I imagine many people saw the Star of David and just immediately thought of Israel (as evidenced by a lot of the comments like "you're supporting baby killers" etc).

Â