Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I don't give a shite what Eddie Howe thinks. I've seen him play and transform our defence.

One of the signings of the season.

Also need to remember he was signed as a LEFT BACK at Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The same Eddie Howe who rated Dominick Solanke as a £19m forward, yeah OK, I think his judgement is questionable.

Yes, the same Eddie Howe who took Bournemouth (capacity 11,329) from league 1 to the premier league and has kept them there while we crashed and burned.

The same Eddie Howe who has frequently been lionised on these pages and often proposed as Villa manager.

Clearly a basket case. 🤣

Edited by briny_ear

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, the same Eddie how who took Bournemouth (capacity 11,329) from league 1 to the premier league and has kept them there while we crashed and burned.

The same Eddie Howe who has frequently been lionised on these pages and often proposed as Villa manager.

Clearly a basket case. 🤣

Good managers too, can also make mistakes.

Aside from that there can also be several mitigating factors affecting why a player isn't a fit at a particular club at a given time.

Ourselves having lost many a "shite" player only for then to go on and have successful careers is one of those examples.

Some of out best players have been "out of favour" at a club, hence why we got them in the first place.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, the same Eddie how who took Bournemouth (capacity 11,329) from league 1 to the premier league and has kept them there while we crashed and burned.

Clearly a basket case. 🤣

Didn’t fergie let Pogba gonfor a free only to be bought back for near £100m?

Was it Maurinho that let De Bruyne, Salah, and Lukaku go?

I’d trust my own eyes over Eddie’s.

All week I’ve been nervous about today and was sure that Derby would win 

their first real attack and Mings just broke it down and played it off to Axel and I knew in that moment we would win today ... even if the last 15 mins were torture and I was sure they were going to nick an undeserved equaliser :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also need to remember he was signed as a LEFT BACK at Bournemouth.

In fairness I saw him play a few games for Ipswich the season before (think they had a decent cup run) and he played left back for them aswell.

Had no clue he could even play CB when he joined us so he's been an unbelievable success for me.

That no nonsense commanding leader we've missed since the Mellberg/Laursen days.

You can tell he loves it here so I imagine he'll be having a good word with Bournemouth to let him come here full time.

He's actually pretty good with the ball at his feet as well. Well-suited to the modern game where you can't really afford many hoof merchants anymore.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

sure we will shift heaven and earth to sign him. Bournemouth won't be keen to let go to a premier rival though. I do get the vibe he actually loves it here though

Yeah he's no 1 target for me, followed by El Ghazi as a shoe in also.

• Like 1

Has to be priority no. 1. He's been absolutely excellent for us, has everything you'd want in a defender - quick, strong, huge, reads the game well (I loved his just calmly intercepting a pull back in the first half through getting his position bang on), great tackler. And he never, ever gets flustered. Even the backs to the wall just put your boot through it stuff, keeps his head.

Go all out for him.

• Like 1

From Smith himself

“Also we’ve got a matching right with Mings.” 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mings-abraham-tuanzebe-el-ghazi-16339343

Then there’s a decision to made on Glenn Whelan, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah and Alan Hutton - players who are all out of contract next month.

I would most likely let them all go on for one reason or another. It's been good times and bad times with them but they all played a part in where we are now. I wish them all good luck where ever they go or what ever they do if they move on from Villa.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, the same Eddie Howe who took Bournemouth (capacity 11,329) from league 1 to the premier league and has kept them there while we crashed and burned.

Clearly a basket case. 🤣

What about if Steve Bruce thought he was good enough. Would you be happy to spend big on him then?

Kept in touch with a Bournemouth mate this season and he didn't really ever check in on his progress, despite me ringing his praises. Mings got injured after signing there and with everything else going on (Bournemouth transitioning to premier class) I think he's been overlooked and possibly that is still the case. He could be the steal of all time because I am adamant he will cut it in the prem. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Kept in touch with a Bournemouth mate this season and he didn't really ever check in on his progress, despite me ringing his praises. Mings got injured after signing there and with everything else going on (Bournemouth transitioning to premier class) I think he's been overlooked and possibly that is still the case. He could be the steal of all time because I am adamant he will cut it in the prem. 

Nearly every comment I've read regarding him on Bournemouth forums since soon after he joined us, they expect him back next season at CB with Ake to be sold for big money

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

From Smith himself

“Also we’ve got a matching right with Mings.” 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mings-abraham-tuanzebe-el-ghazi-16339343

Then there’s a decision to made on Glenn Whelan, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah and Alan Hutton - players who are all out of contract next month.

I would most likely let them all go on for one reason or another. It's been good times and bad times with them but they all played a part in where we are now. I wish them all good luck where ever they go or what ever they do if they move on from Villa.

I would keep Whelan on 1 year as backup and the rest can leave 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nearly every comment I've read regarding him on Bournemouth forums since soon after he joined us, they expect him back next season at CB with Ake to be sold for big money

Bloody friends. But but but, do we not have an option on signing/matching any fee?

Â