Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think owning it would be less weird than **** it to be honest. 

Who **** posters? One dimensional pricks I suppose.

• Like 4

A quick observation (maybe).

When he went down in the final was that cramps or similar?

If so thats the second or third time recently he has had that in just 90 minutes, thats a little concerning if true?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

A quick observation (maybe).

When he went down in the final was that cramps or similar?

If so thats the second or third time recently he has had that in just 90 minutes, thats a little concerning if true?

It looked more like a sprain from the way it happened, and he seemed in too much pain to just be cramping. Was a superb tackle, by the way. Would have got a lot more credit for it if they hadn't have scored straight after.

But the weird thing is he seemed to be running around after the game, so I don't know if he just has injury fear or what. I know some players who've struggled with injury tend to expect the worst whenever they get a knock, so maybe it just gets in his head. Or perhaps he's been playing through injury for the last few games. Will be interesting to find out.

Despite all the praise McGinn is deservedly getting, for me Mings was MOTM. There were a few moments of absolute calm where he turned serious Derby goal opportunities into counter attacks for us. "Rolls Royce" defending.

Definitely someone we should be signing this summer.

Despite how well he has done for us, I’m not sure. I can’t ignore the fact that Eddie Howe didn’t want him, and did he not actually bring in someone from Brentford to play in preference to him?

You have to respect Howe’s judgement so I can’t shake off a nagging doubt about him.

Just now, briny_ear said:

Despite how well he has done for us, I’m not sure. I can’t ignore the fact that Eddie Howe didn’t want him, and did he not actually bring in someone from Brentford to play in preference to him?

You have to respect Howe’s judgement so I can’t shake off a nagging doubt about him.

Howe has made a few mistakes with signings, not all roses. Sometimes a player just doesn't fit a club.

40 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I'm sorry but this is a very odd reason? Fair enough if you don't rate his performances but you're wary of him because another manager didn't fancy him?

Eddie Howe has clearly messed up. It’s obvious, from what I can see anyway, that Mings is an excellent CB, and one who I have no doubt will thrive in the Premier League.

He’s also had the benefit of working with John Terry since he’s been here, and it’s clear from his recent interviews that Mings feels JT has helped improve his game a huge amount. 

Eddie Howe is pretty average in transfer market. MON like wastes of money. Bournemouth still start a lot of players from promotion season his recruitment has been so average

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

The same Eddie Howe who rated Dominick Solanke as a £19m forward, yeah OK, I think his judgement is questionable.

Thought over the course of the play-offs that Mings has been the stand-out. Not many athletic defenders with his pace and power these days. As long as he improves his concentration levels I think he’s got the ability to do really well in the Prem.

• Like 1

Â