Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

There’s something perfect about the timing of Mings in this 🤣🤣

He's a very good player. But here is why he is loved and we want him. Just a good guy.

Bournemouth signed Lloyd Kelly from Bristol City a week ago for £13 million. He currently plays as a left sided CB for the England U21's although he's played mainly as a full back for BC.

He sees his future at CB, so has Eddie Howe already swooped to fill Ming's squad position at the club?

8 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Bournemouth signed Lloyd Kelly from Bristol City a week ago for £13 million. He currently plays as a left sided CB for the England U21's although he's played mainly as a full back for BC.

He sees his future at CB, so has Eddie Howe already swooped to fill Ming's squad position at the club?

I hope so. I've seen Kelly a few times and mings is much better than him. Surely we can nab Mings for around the 10m Mark? 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so. I've seen Kelly a few times and mings is much better than him. Surely we can nab Mings for around the 10m Mark? 

£10m would be a steal, it really depends on how much they value him. They signed him for about £12m, I'd think they'd want to make that back, and if they play hard ball they'd probably get more out of us. I'd have to think we'd start considering other options if they start asking for £20m plus... but the market these days is nuts, who know's what we'll end up paying!

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

£10m would be a steal, it really depends on how much they value him. They signed him for about £12m, I'd think they'd want to make that back, and if they play hard ball they'd probably get more out of us. I'd have to think we'd start considering other options if they start asking for £20m plus... but the market these days is nuts, who know's what we'll end up paying!

Don't forget player power nowadays.

If Mings wants to come here, he can pretty make it happen. And if they've signed his replacement for £13m, I would expect us to put a ceiling on the deal of below that. As good as he's been for 4 months, his injury record over recent years is awful, and that affects his value

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

Don't forget player power nowadays.

If Mings wants to come here, he can pretty make it happen. And if they've signed his replacement for £13m, I would expect us to put a ceiling on the deal of below that. As good as he's been for 4 months, his injury record over recent years is awful, and that affects his value

He can make a move happen sure, but Bournemouth know how much we want him and aren't so broke they have to sell.

The price is theirs to name and if we don't match it he's not going anywhere. Bournemouth may well see us as a rival, they could also start a bidding war for him to drive up the price, I'm sure there will be plenty of other clubs interested.

The ball is in their court because he's contracted to them, they are under no obligation to sell him to us.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

He can make a move happen sure, but Bournemouth know how much we want him and aren't so broke they have to sell.

The price is theirs to name and if we don't match it he's not going anywhere. Bournemouth may well see us as a rival, they could also start a bidding war for him to drive up the price, I'm sure there will be plenty of other clubs interested.

The ball is in their court because he's contracted to them, they are under no obligation to sell him to us.

Agreed. But unless they want him to stay, they could lose out for the extra £5m and end up keeping a player they don't need, presumably costing them not too far off that amount a year in wages, plus the transfer fee. I doesn't seem the guy to make a huge fuss but if their new kid makes a mistake or 2, Tyrone being there could seriously undermine him nd their investment.

I hope we've got in his ear before he returns and he just tells them he wants to come here. I hope!

I think £12m is sensible enough a price, and hopefully Mings forces the move to ensure that we get a fair price. That seems to be the going rate for players who have proved themselves at this rate.
I love Mings, I am desperate for us to sign him, really I am but talk of up to £20m is silly money, even in this market.

Just now, Pez1974 said:

Agreed. But unless they want him to stay, they could lose out for the extra £5m and end up keeping a player they don't need, presumably costing them not too far off that amount a year in wages, plus the transfer fee. I doesn't seem the guy to make a huge fuss but if their new kid makes a mistake or 2, Tyrone being there could seriously undermine him nd their investment.

I hope we've got in his ear before he returns and he just tells them he wants to come here. I hope!

I think the problem is if they ask for £20m say, and we think that's a bit steep, there's another Premier League team will pay it. Everyone in the Premier League has the money, he's in demand, I don't think it's too much of a risk for them to try and squeeze as much out of his transfer as they can, it makes good business sense for them.

I want him here as much as anyone but we have to be realistic, they aren't going to hand him over for a knockdown price just because he wants to be here, they are a business and he's an asset they have possession of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

If we've agreed a price before the loan Bournemouth have no choice but to let us sign him no? 

That is correct, however as I understand it we didn't agree a fee, the only clause in place is that we are notified if a bid comes in for him and have the opportunity to match that bid.

For the record, I think anything under £15m is a bargain, anything over £20m becomes a bit of a risk because of his injury record, but I love him so much I'm not sure how far I'd go get that deal done!

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Worth £20m all day long in this day in age on ability alone let alone what he brings to this squad in terms of comaraderie. Think how hard it is thesedays to find a competent center back; even for the top sides.

If we put our business hat on, and Purslow seems a very intelligent and rational man, Mings is a player who has played 30 games in 4 years. I don't think our heart should overrule judgement, there is no way we should be parting with £20m for him, sorry.

That is way too much of an outlay with his track record (is what I am sure Purslow will be stating in negotiations)

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

If we put our business hat on, and Purslow seems a very intelligent and rational man, Mings is a player who has played 30 games in 4 years. I don't think our heart should overrule judgement, there is no way we should be parting with £20m for him, sorry.

That is way too much of an outlay with his track record (is what I am sure Purslow will be stating in negotiations)

Good job I'm not in charge of negotiations then! 😂

Â