Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

echo what others have said. no excusing the mistake. but it's sad that people will refer to it as 'another' mistake when the truth of the matter is that he makes very few, and gives fuel to idiots like souness, jordan and danny mills who have conveniently missed all the fantastic performances of his this season

didn't like the look of the injury at the end. as i said in the match thread, sometimes people need to watch an AVFC defence minus mings to realise how good he is and there's a chance it may happen this thursday

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’m his biggest defender but the first was not a mistake it was a deliberate attempt to get rid of Slippery G. Or It took an almighty bobble on to his head and the invisible man held him back. 

Yeah it was a clanger. 

So he's not a poor or error-prone defender, but he is unprofessional?

Reflect for a moment on what you're suggesting - that a senior and highly paid Villa player would deliberately sabotage a result and throw away 3 points when we're approaching a relegation dogfight, all with his international manager watching on too.

It's ridiculous.

Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.

• Haha 1

First ones on him, but the loss - not a chance.  For free kick, people would have been crying if he didn’t attempt a challenge, not even 100% was a free kick, but was a GK error it ended up in the net.

Overall I didn’t think he was too bad, people make out like it’s all on him we lost - 100% it’s not.

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

**** Southgate. 

I suspect part of the reason Mings may be struggling mentally is getting dumped from the England team with very little reason. 

Excuses..

Mings is not a top 10 Cb in this league…

He is our best CB but we have poor quality defenders..

To make a mistake like that is the last thing this team needed. And giving away that freekick for the second was poor. Hes had a good run but hes always been susceptible to mistakes.  Konsa more reliable. 

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So he's not a poor or error-prone defender, but he is unprofessional?

Reflect for a moment on what you're suggesting - that a senior and highly paid Villa player would deliberately sabotage a result and throw away 3 points when we're approaching a relegation dogfight, all with his international manager watching on too.

It's ridiculous.

Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.

Forget about the razor reading the whole post helps. But if you need some help - I made a post in jest. Never mind carry on. “It was a clanger” the key sentence in my post. If you need further reading lessons do get in touch.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Excuses..

Mings is not a top 10 Cb in this league…

He is our best CB but we have poor quality defenders..

No one has claimed he's top 10 CB. That would mean he's likely starting for one of the top 5 teams in the league. 

What people have said is that he gets dug out more than others. Today, rightly so....but not after each match. 

Â