Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Forget about the razor reading the whole post helps. But if you need some help - I made a post in jest. Never mind carry on. “It was a clanger” the key sentence in my post. If you need further reading lessons do get in touch.

Damn, apologies for misunderstanding 👀

I’m his biggest defender but the first was not a mistake it was a deliberate attempt to get rid of Slippery G. Or It took an almighty bobble on to his head and the invisible man held him back. 

Yeah it was a clanger.

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

WhoScored Tweet

Tyrone Mings has committed more errors directly leading to an opposition goal than any other outfielder over the last three Premier League seasons (4)

That was February. Imagine a few more have been added since. This isn’t an isolated incident. 

Yet he is still our best Defender? What’s your point?

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Tyrone Mings has committed more errors directly leading to an opposition goal than any other outfielder over the last three Premier League seasons (4)

That was February. Imagine a few more have been added since. This isn’t an isolated incident. 

Louder for those in denial!

Edited by est1874

Just now, MellbergsBeard said:

Yet he is still our best Defender? What’s your point?

My point? The stuff I posted about the errors he’s made leading to goals and how it wasn’t an isolated incident today? I can repost and quote it again for you if you’d like? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

WhoScored Tweet

Yep that stat has done the rounds on here before.

Even still, let’s say it’s now up to six errors. So it’s about 1.5 errors leading to a goal every season. 

Even if he’s top of the list for it, it’s hardly prolific. As I said before, you would think it was at least once a month judging by the way people talk.

• Like 4

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep that stat has done the rounds on here before.

Even still, let’s say it’s now up to six errors. So it’s about 1.5 errors leading to a goal every season. 

Even if he’s top of the list for it, it’s hardly prolific. As I said before, you would think it was at least once a month judging by the way people talk.

You make a good point but still doesn’t make for pleasant reading. I’m not sure of the statistics for errors leading to shots but again I imagine he’d be quite high up there too. I don’t think he’s good enough to be honest. For me he sits with El Ghazi, Trez, etc. Thank you for what you’ve done for the club but it’s time to move on. Just my opinion and I know a few will shoot me down but if we’re serious about progressing, even without Gerrard, we need a better CB. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Dreadful error for the first. Really bad. When that happens you can’t make excuses for it.

I think some feel that a mistake like that happens with him every other game and I don’t think that’s true. 

Truth of the matter is I’m not convinced that he makes a mistake of similar awfulness every ten games even.

Stuff like the forest “mistake” is lumped in with the genuine horror mistake today.

I think probably he’s the most “major” error prone defender at the club. But I also think he’s still the best defender at the club (yet to decide on Carlos for obvious reasons).

Honestly like thiago silva made a mistake nearly as big that left kepa 2 on 1 with mcginn and Ings. Saved by mcginn blasting it straight at him. But Silva slipped over in the penalty area. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Louder for those in denial!

it's like you're almost getting pleasure from his error...why are you here? you've made your views quite clear so you might as well just move on and let the rest of us live in 'denial'

some of us just don't subscribe to the "he made an error therefore he's rubbish" view and prefer to focus on the dozens of great games he's had for us, many of which being this season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And I'd imagine Watkins missed chances have cost us more points than these. 

Thing is I imagine Watkins will come good under a decent manager. I know the fan base is split when it comes to Mings and if he became an integral part of the team and a mainstay under a new manager, you can quote this tweet and I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong. That said, the arguments surrounding Mings on here and amongst the wider fan base, I think would continue even when Gerrard has slung his hook. 

He's always poor v Chelsea for some reason, gave away goals in both fixtures last season and you could tell they targeted him as weaker of two CBs today.

I think after the disruption in August he's been very solid but that first goal was terrible.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's like you're almost getting pleasure from his error...why are you here? you've made your views quite clear so you might as well just move on and let the rest of us live in 'denial'

some of us just don't subscribe to the "he made an error therefore he's rubbish" view and prefer to focus on the dozens of great games he's had for us, many of which being this season

Because it's been an echo chamber in this thread for ages. Any time I've been in here expressing my view, as I'm entitled to do (this is a message forum), I've had people getting very arsey, making personal comments etc, all with firm backing from others who feel the same and are just as vocal and free to say what they want. Which is usually just a shallow variation on "he's our best CB so wind your neck in". Little substance.

If at the end of the day my opinion bothers you so much then maybe just ignore it? Or don't, but you might want to leave off asking me why I'm here.

It's the same reason people are in the Gerrard thread day after day complaining about him, they love Villa and not our manager. I love Villa, not Tyrone. I don't see you in there asking people why they're here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Because it's been an echo chamber in this thread for ages. Any time I've been in here expressing my view, as I'm entitled to do (this is a message forum), I've had people getting very arsey, making personal comments etc, all with firm backing from others who feel the same and are just as vocal and free to say what they want. Which is usually just a shallow variation on "he's our best CB so wind your neck in". Little substance.

If at the end of the day my opinion bothers you so much then maybe just ignore it? Or don't, but you might want to leave off asking me why I'm here.

It's the same reason people are in the Gerrard thread day after day complaining about him, they love Villa and not our manager. I love Villa, not Tyrone. I don't see you in there asking people why they're here.

You know why? Because you are **** wrong

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You know why? Because you are **** wrong

Just proving my point. Not even engaging with Ted's post and the statistics laid bare. Not even going to mention or address the errors made today, or at any other point. Quality discourse.

Â