Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

And yet.

Listen, your Mings avatar says it all. Crack on. 

My avatar of a Villa player, on a Villa forum says it all?

Your initial post and reply says it all really.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

My avatar of a Villa player, on a Villa forum says it all?

Your initial post and reply says it all really.

🤣 As I said, crack on. You want to keep thinking the world of a poor centre-half who costs us points time and again, work away.

When a better manager than Gerrard comes in, Mings will be out of the team. Mark that.

• Haha 4

Just now, est1874 said:

🤣 As I said, crack on. You want to keep thinking the world of a poor centre-half who costs us points time and again, work away.

When a better manager than Gerrard comes in, Mings will be out of the team. Mark that.

You don't get it, do you?

I'm a Villa fan. I support our players.

You say nothing for months whilst Mings has been our best player, and as soon as he makes what could be construed as a mistake, you're straight in here. 

It's absolutely pathetic, you're a grown man dedicating your life to hating a football player for your own team.

Our best defender more like. 

Our best defender more like. 

The goal aside (which, yes is a notable moment), I thought him and the defence generally were ok.

But it was Forest, so y’know it’s not something to go wild over…

I’m not finding myself worried about Mings or the defensive side of things tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He’s been arguably our best player this season. Bizarre comment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You don't get it, do you?

I'm a Villa fan. I support our players.

You say nothing for months whilst Mings has been our best player, and as soon as he makes what could be construed as a mistake, you're straight in here. 

It's absolutely pathetic, you're a grown man dedicating your life to hating a football player for your own team.

🤣 Hyperbolic much, jaysis brew a cup of tea mate.

I've criticized him elsewhere, match threads etc. I don't need to jump in here and comment every time I have the thought "Mings is shite", and yet you seem to need to jump in here every time anyone dares criticize him. And you seem to keep track of those who do, just so you can pull out stats about it and get personal.

Very strange tbh.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was one of our better players tonight. Not sure it was even a free kick. 

He definitley bought it but yeah I think it was

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m not finding myself worried about Mings or the defensive side of things tonight.

Me too, if you want to talk about why we're not picking up points and who will be dropped by a new manager it wouldn't be the mings thread where I'd start

• Like 2

🤣 Hyperbolic much, jaysis brew a cup of tea mate.

I've criticized him elsewhere, match threads etc. I don't need to jump in here and comment every time I have the thought "Mings is shite", and yet you seem to need to jump in here every time anyone dares criticize him. And you seem to keep track of those who do, just so you can pull out stats about it and get personal.

Very strange tbh.

He's been our best player of the season so far, you've said nothing. He does one thing that might be intepreted as a mistake and you're in here immediately.

Mirror is needed 'mate'.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The ball in the for goal is so flat that once he's behind him he's got no chance of getting it unless he goes through Dennis. Maybe he should be stood more goal side of him but the entire defensive set up looked off.

He's behind the whole time

Its fairly basic defending one in front one behind, if you look at how we shape up before the ball comes in we have a wall, then buendia to stop the player on the edge of the box, then young, then Watkins, forest player, Ramsey, then Dennis and then mings behind him and its all tight in the middle

The problem is the first forest player moves front post and Watkins isn't goal side of him so Ramsey gets drawn in to cover which then leaves Dennis wide open, if Watkins was in the right position Ramsey should stay in front of Dennis and it hits him in the chest, from there the quality of the ball in makes it easy, mings can't even challenge for a header let alone win it

Watkins and Ramsey end up in no man's land which is why he got such an easy header

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Â