Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I’d be happy if Mings made less of those. That said, ”error directly leading to a goal” is such a bullshit stat.

Mostly because the outcome depends on whether the opponent getting the chance scores or not. If he doesn’t, there’s no error leading to goal — even though the error made is still the same.

A defender could make errors all day without his stats looking bad, as long as the chances fall to Timo Werner.

• Like 2

After his error on the weekend, did anyone see just after his wink? Who was that at? Emi? 

Probably reading too much into it but why would he be winking like that, it was almost to say 'right, I've done my bit'. 

I'd be very surprised though cos' Tyrone has always conducted himself immaculately on and off the pitch IMO - well, except when Zaha is in town and he tried to break him. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

After his error on the weekend, did anyone see just after his wink? Who was that at? Emi? 

Probably reading too much into it but why would he be winking like that, it was almost to say 'right, I've done my bit'. 

I'd be very surprised though cos' Tyrone has always conducted himself immaculately on and off the pitch IMO - well, except when Zaha is in town and he tried to break him. 

TBH with regards to Zaha I'd let him off with that

• Haha 2

Look at his performance against the best striker in the world. Haaland is like a boxer who realised that the weakness on that day was Konsa so he went up against him and got the goal. There have been days when Konsa bailed Mings out and performed better than him and vice versa. 

Only Van Dijk and Joe Gomez have had a slightly better performance against him than Mings. 

In fact I remember during the covid season where Konsa was better than Mings and even gave him the ‘WTF You doing look’ during a couple of games. Last season however Konsa’s level dropped. He’s been better this season but has lost his man a few times. 

It’s a team game and at CB the defenders form a partnership whereby they both (in a 2) bail each other out. 

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Again, it’s about 5 or 6 mistakes over the past 4 years. It’s not quite the error every game or every other game that some feel it is.

As well as being the defender we have who is most likely to make a colossal **** up, he’s also the defender we have who I’d back to most likely get us out of a tight spot.

Late Burnley off the line clearance at the end of last season, as an example.

Or the match winning challenge in injury time against Everton this season ensuring we have the paltry two wins we have rather than one.

Be honest with yourself, in those sort of moments, would you feel much more confident in our other defenders being the ones to get us out of shit? 

I can gurantee you its mor ethan 5 or 6. I reckon its more than double that but some didnt lead to goals.

I think konsa has stepped up alot this year after last year and its more mings again.

He is just a gaffe waiting to happen. I dont see any of the same cbs making stupid mistakes like this 3 times a season minimum 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He was saying I know it’s my bad to his team mates while trying to stay composed, nothing more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Always worth remembering it's not only defenders mistakes that lead to conceding goals and losing games it's the entire team. Losing possession, poor passing, missing sitters. Whole team and manager is culpable for our current predicament. That's where the focus should be mainly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I can gurantee you its mor ethan 5 or 6. I reckon its more than double that but some didnt lead to goals.

I think konsa has stepped up alot this year after last year and its more mings again.

He is just a gaffe waiting to happen. I dont see any of the same cbs making stupid mistakes like this 3 times a season minimum 

Konsa was terrible vs Arsenal and Bournemouth plus his weak defending for West Ham goal. Was another game he was poor in too maybe Palace

Yet Mings is always an easy target, Konsa doesnt make many noticeable mistakes because he doesnt engage

Mitrovic like Haaland will look to get chances from Konsa not Mings

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Konsa was terrible vs Arsenal and Bournemouth plus his weak defending for West Ham goal. Was another game he was poor in too maybe Palace

Yet Mings is always an easy target, Konsa doesnt make many noticeable mistakes because he doesnt engage

Mitrovic like Haaland will look to get chances from Konsa not Mings

Mings isnt the easy target. Konsa got mullerd last season for his errors. Mings cost us on sunday. Another stupid avoidable goal.

Sometimes he just looks like he cant be asked.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mings isnt the easy target. Konsa got mullerd last season for his errors. Mings cost us on sunday. Another stupid avoidable goal.

Sometimes he just looks like he cant be asked.

Where was Konsa when the goal happened? Mings is at fault but why is Konsa or Emi not shouting at him about whats around him

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Where was Konsa when the goal happened? Mings is at fault but why is Konsa or Emi not shouting at him about whats around him

Surely because there was absolutely noway either one would predict mings would do something so stupid under zero pressure.

Mings was totally at fault for the goal

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely because there was absolutely noway either one would predict mings would do something so stupid under zero pressure.

Mings was totally at fault for the goal

Really it's basic defending to describe the surroundings

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

He didnt play at Bournemouth so 10 goals from 11 he was at fault

If he looked SG in the eye he would have played and we wouldn't have conceded 2 ergo they're attributed to being his fault

The thing which I have been wondering and it applies to Watkins too, is just how gutted are they, about missing out on at least a place in the world cup squad?

Both of them must have thought they might have had a chance of going to Qatar, and it must have been totally gutting to realise they are going to miss out.

Such disappointments can lead to loss of form.

The fans are desperate for a win but I think the players probably need it more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The thing which I have been wondering and it applies to Watkins too, is just how gutted are they, about missing out on at least a place in the world cup squad?

Both of them must have thought they might have had a chance of going to Qatar, and it must have been totally gutting to realise they are going to miss out.

Such disappointments can lead to loss of form.

The fans are desperate for a win but I think the players probably need it more.

Add Digne, Coutinho, Buendia, Luiz, ( Kamara, Carlos), Dendoncker? to that list of players who probably were hopeful of going to the WC at the start of the season but now likely won't.

Martinez, Cash, Bednarek? probably will thou.

Should have a well rested if a bit rusty squad once the WC is finished.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Add Digne, Coutinho, Buendia, Luiz, ( Kamara, Carlos), Dendoncker? to that list of players who probably were hopeful of going to the WC at the start of the season but now likely won't.

Perfect if we have a lot of first teamers available for a new manager though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

It seems I under-estimated how many.

Â