Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Lots of new quality players have come on the scenes. That's the way it goes

Hmmmm.  I will probably regret asking this, or you will just ignore the question like you do in others threads, but:

Can you please tell me a left sided defender who has "come on the scenes" in the last 18 months who is so much better that Tyrone Mings?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

A difficult start which was wholly manufactured by the Gerrard.

You could also play devils advocate and argue that Gerrard’s approach with him has worked very well. Ultimately we now have a very motivated Mings playing well ….that can’t be entirely despite the manager. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

You could also play devils advocate and argue that Gerrard’s approach with him has worked very well. Ultimately we now have a very motivated Mings playing well ….that can’t be entirely despite the manager. 

Have to agree. Mings has been stellar this season. I'm just happy to see him get the praise he richly deserves. He has been a true servant to the club since his first day at Bodymoor. 

My oldest son is moving through the ranks of youth soccer. I love pointing out Mings as a role model of a professional footballer. Good game or bad game he leaves it all out there on the pitch. As supporters we can't ask for more. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

I'd rather not play devil's advocate. Mings played well enough to represent England excellently and should not have been dropped.

Gerrard talked about a new captain for about 8 months and then the whole club botched the "reveal." McGinn has been even more of a disaster ever since he was made captain. Mings has been abused publicly by the former Liverpool manager turned village talk sport idiot (Sounness.) Gerrard tonight has had to spout some more shyte about "noise" around Tyrone.

Was that before, after or while he was looking in his eyes?  

All of this was manufactured up by Gerrard and shows his naivety, inexperience and plain ineptitude as a manager. I'd rather have Bruce over this guy.

• Like 4

On 15/09/2022 at 19:59, Tommo_b said:

I might be biased… but I don’t think I am, Mings should be in the England squad. His performances at the euros were exceptional. 

Mings has never let England down. 

Another imperious performance yesterday too. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree. Mings was exaclty as good as this since he's been named captain. He had a poor run of form for like 5 weeks (and wasn't helped by Konsa being dead weight all last season) and people have said he's been shit ever since. Crazy. 

I was being facetious. I won’t be giving Gerrard credit for that decision. 

If you are in the trenches then he is the first name on a team sheet. Best attacker as well as defender last night.  

But i can see why he isnt flavour of the month any more for England. Too much hoofing.  I don't mind the hoofing though. When we are in the form we are then the ball just needs to be twatted away and then regroup. 

Article on the BBC talking about the stats behind Southgate's choices for the England squad. And then using the worst analysis going.

Mentions Maguire being the worst centre back in the league this season for goals conceded per 90 (A useless metric in general, but let's face it  Maguire gas been rubbish), but is picked because he's been one of the best for England. They ignore the slightly more useful successful duel metrics for which Maguire has been woeful (50%)

Mentions Ben White who's been one of the best defenders in the league this season for the goals conceded per 90, but has been overlooked due to inexperience. And also the more relevant fact he is being played at right back for club and not centre back is mentioned as an after thought.

Doesn't mention Mings at all who is top of the table for England defenders during Southgates reign, and also had the second highest duel success rate of any english centre back in contention (74.1%) but had also completed 0.7 interceptions per match more than the defender with the highest (1 vs 0.3)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62877990

Against other English centre-backs in club football, Maguire has the worst minutes to goal conceded ratio of one every 40.1 minutes when he has been on the pitch for United this season.

Conor Coady, on loan at Everton from Wolves, tops the list with Ben White second, but there is no place for the Arsenal defender in the squad. White also has a high duel success rate of 62.5%.

It's like he doesn't exist with the lack of reference to him. Shame we didn't get to see him and Carlos together more before his injury.  I'm sure they'd have made a great partnership  if they'd had time to develop their understanding with each other. Let's hope after the world cup with Mings fully rested and Carlos hopefully back we see a bit of luck and a real decent partnership form. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

taking away from the fact that his opinion is wrong (he's allowed it), it's incredibly poor language to use against a professional by a former pro

He's absolutely entitled to an opinion, but he should be ridiculed for it. Pundits like Mills (average players/careers) spouting  hypocritcal nonsense is becoming way to common nowadays, controversy for clicks/engagements sake. I doubt he's got the balls to say it to his face, so he certainly shouldn't be saying it on national radio station. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

word removed 

I don't have hatred for many people but I genuinely do for Danny Mills. Smarmy, smug, horrible bloke. And he's absolutely clueless.

He uploads pics to Insta bragging about his horrific tackles.

Anyway, England could do a lot worse than having Mings in the squad.

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I don't have hatred for many people but I genuinely do for Danny Mills. Smarmy, smug, horrible bloke. And he's absolutely clueless.

He uploads pics to Insta bragging about his horrific tackles.

Anyway, England could do a lot worse than having Mings in the squad.

He considers himself a Leeds hero but has proudly boasted that he was demanding money when they were ready to fold

• Like 1

Â