Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

And especially since Hause leaves on a free in the summer and Tuanzebe goes back to Utd.

I’d forgotten that Hause was done in the summer, I can’t see him getting a new contract so I imagine he’ll go to a Championship club as he probably isn’t quite PL quality to be fair.

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d forgotten that Hause was done in the summer, I can’t see him getting a new contract so I imagine he’ll go to a Championship club as he probably isn’t quite PL quality to be fair.

The fluctuation in opinions of Hause range so wildly depending on how the team is doing. 

After the Man Utd result he was literally a world beater and it was a travesty that he wasn't starting week in week out for us and now he's "probably not PL quality"...

• Like 4

On 13/11/2021 at 16:45, alreadyexists said:

Nahhh, if Burnley stay up they'll snatch him up, he'd fit their system perfectly. If they go down then I can easily see some newly promoted side go for him and it'll probably be great business for them.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

our captain scored his first goal for england last night

the sell him talk starts up again...

is it only VT?

I hope so. 

He's a very good player and we're lucky to have someone of his character as captain. If Gerrard proves to be what he's purported, I think the two of them will work very well together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

our captain scored his first goal for england last night

the sell him talk starts up again...

is it only VT?

It would have been amusing if he cupped his ears after scoring!

I still love him despite a couple of mistakes he is a leader and Villa need leaders.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair I don’t think we’d turn down 40 million for a 29 year old.

i think we probably would and should, realistically we already need 2 new CBs in the summer, i think we should try and extend hause's contract regardless but i dont think he'll like what we offer and go, tuanzebe isnt good enough

so potentially we try and bring along 2 new CBs next year, who are hopefully along the same vein as konsa and tuanzebe, young and potential gems who are relatively cheap, but then we sell our captain and defensive leader? 

and with modern footballers as long as he doesnt suffer an injury he's plenty of time left to go, look at him he's not exactly struggling for athleticism is he, we have 2 or 3 years to phase him out with konsa mkII

we need the player more than we need the money

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Ive just seen the Marca story that Newcastle want Mings.

id honestly take the money if it were something like 40m and reinvest in another younger centre back

No way we'd be looking to strengthen a rival and weaken ourselves in January or the summer IMO.

Â