Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We didn't buy the player he is now for 20m. 

Not quite, but I believe his best performance in a Villa shirt came in his Premier League debut for us vs Spurs. Make of that what you will. 

I say this as a fan of Tyrone’s. He’s a good defender. 

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Mings is more than just our best defender and it's speculative to think we could definitely improve on him for £40m if we could even get that. Is a £40m player from the continent going to be definitely better. Would a CB worth £40m even come to us in our current state as a lower mid table Prem side? Can we replace his leadership on and off the pitch?

We had an excellent defence last season and it's gone to crap a bit this season, IMO because the formation has been all over the place. Let the back 4+Martinez settle, let the general formation settle and they'll all go back to playing excellent football. Gerrard's Rangers conceded 13 goals in 38 league games last season. I know it's a different level but it shows that his teams are disciplined and defensively sound.

John Terry took our good defense with him.

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not quite, but I believe his best performance in a Villa shirt came in his Premier League debut for us vs Spurs. Make of that what you will. 

I say this as a fan of Tyrone’s. He’s a good defender. 

I think you'd be mental to sell Mings for 40m. 

Think Tyrone has been amazing as a leadership figure at Villa, he does for most the part settle the ship, but by god he is so mistake prone. Now wouldn't that be brilliant if Gerrard could knock it out of him, personally at Tyrones age it will be a near impossible task to do just like a few others lads.

Gerrard saying how Villa have got one of the best strikforces in the league but he also doesn't play down how Villa have leaked an unnecessary amount of goals. Gerrard has got to settle the ship now and he knows it.

It sounds like whether your one of the top stars at Villa, or whether your a youth lad that Gerrard isn't going to be taking any messing around and he wants every players 1000%. 

I think Gerrard won't have a problem saying Mings is the man, but if he cocks it up I equally thinks Gerrard and Co won't play on it and they make sure he Owns it if it's on him. I loved Smith but one thing I did always say is that Smith were maybe a touch to soft on certain players. I dont think that won't happen under Gerrard as he himself, winner of no end of things holds himself to great standards will be harsh on players and hold them to those big standards.

Took me a while to think about it with Gerrard but he will be great for many of our players and here's hoping to them all and be a positive light to bring them out a good player group together.

Went away from Mings abit but truth be told Mings should do better under the new man in charge.

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think you'd be mental to sell Mings for 40m. 

That's a question.

Depends if we could get a younger replacement who would just as easy drop it and make it work quick.

Add another 20 million to that 40 million you've just earned from Mings sale then you should indeed be getting a really lovely list of potential replacements list.

It's move that maybe pulled depending on interest in Mings, depending on if we can secure someone bigger and better, one things for sure is we should keep our eyes out.

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I would be happy to let him go if we get offered 20-30 million for him.

Guy is 29 and isn't the future.

He's the present 

Keeping him let's us buy the future and bring him along over the course of 1 to 2 years, funnily enough under the tutilage of mings 

We keep mings and find the next konsa, with Tuanzebe and Hause set to leave next summer we need to find 2 more potential konsas

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He's the present 

Keeping him let's us buy the future and bring him along over the course of 1 to 2 years, funnily enough under the tutilage of mings 

We keep mings and find the next konsa, with Tuanzebe and Hause set to leave next summer we need to find 2 more potential konsas

Mings is poor on the ball.

Not sure Gerrard is going to fancy him.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

For a start, he's 28.

£40m would make me think, but £20m would be a derisory offer that I imagine we'd dismiss out of hand.

£20m is horrible price unless his contract is running down. We spent more than that on him when he was a somewhat unproven at Premier League level (had only made 17 appearances in 4 years) and he's since become a Premier League regular and an England international. No way we should be selling for a loss when he's here contractually until 2024.

• Like 1

Â