Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He is going through a rough patch.  Bloke is a quality defender in my book but I had no problem with him being dropped. Hopefully it will spur him back to his best, he doesnt seem like the sulking kind to me so I expect a reaction from him against Southampton.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I thought it was good to see him dropped to send a message that the type of performance against arsenal won’t be tolerated.

On that basis we need to drop the whole of yesterday's team with the exception of Cash and Martinez.

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Cash, Nakamba and Watkins*

Not Nakamba for me.  Some good tackles but poor passing and ruined the prospect of an advantage and very promising breakaway by rolling around as if he'd been shot.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not Nakamba for me.  Some good tackles but poor passing and ruined the prospect of an advantage and very promising breakaway by rolling around as if he'd been shot.

The ref is to blame for the breakaway being disrupted, not Nakamba. The fact the ref then only issued a booking is on the ref too. Complete word removed. 

Nakamba should still be dropped though, if Luiz, Sanson and McGinn are all fit.

Mings will be starting, and I don't think that's thanks to Konsa getting banned.  Hause played terribly,  and would have been dropped for Mings regardless. Just means it's instead of Konsa now.

Would like to know what happened as there is no way Mings was dropped on form alone. 

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Agree on the passing part. Still think he did decent. Not much more thou, but compared to most others.

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Missing the point. Mings is captain it sends a message nobody is immune to being dropped for poor performance 

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to send out that message. If anything, it just demoralised everyone, and left us less organised (look at the positioning for Rice's goal - Targett and Nakamba would both normally have Mings in their ear).

I agree with dropping players who aren't performing, especially if they look complacent or too big for their boots, but I actually think Mings is one of those who normally plays himself back into form. Not sure he needed that rocket up his arse. In the end, we looked better when he came on.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 16:48, KentVillan said:

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to send out that message. If anything, it just demoralised everyone, and left us less organised (look at the positioning for Rice's goal - Targett and Nakamba would both normally have Mings in their ear).

I agree with dropping players who aren't performing, especially if they look complacent or too big for their boots, but I actually think Mings is one of those who normally plays himself back into form. Not sure he needed that rocket up his arse. In the end, we looked better when he came on.

Yep fair point 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was excellent today I thought, our leader, he inspires others to play better, £20m looks a snip now to me. Nathan Ake sits on the bench at Man City

You what mate. He was an absolute bomb scare on the ball. Inspired zero confidence in the team  time and time again under no pressure skied the ball to nowhere. Options to pass the ball to wide players or keeper? Sky the ball to row z.

Panicked. Irrational.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You what mate. He was an absolute bomb scare on the ball. Inspired zero confidence in the team  time and time again under no pressure skied the ball to nowhere. Options to pass the ball to wide players or keeper? Sky the ball to row z.

Panicked. Irrational.

He had a good game. None of their chances had anything to do with him. Occasionally wasteful with the ball, but he did his job well, despite having Targett and Tuanzebe either side of him, who were both very poor.

I’ve said this many times, but Mings isn’t the problem. He has bad games, of course, but he is low on the list of priorities for improving this team.

The midfield is the main issue.

• Like 3

Â