Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Will be interesting to see if Tyrone suppresses his ego appropriately with no nonsense task master not-your-friend Gerrard as boss. Buendia as well. Both players have shown flashes of petulance recently. 

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I would be happy to let him go if we get offered 20-30 million for him.

Guy is 29 and isn't the future.

LOL...Man U let Paul McGrath go and we picked him up when he was 29. Apparently they thought he wasn't the future. Oooops.

A centre back with a good sense of positioning can last a lot longer than, say, a winger whose main asset is pace and who loses it with age.

5 hours ago, TomC said:

LOL...Man U let Paul McGrath go and we picked him up when he was 29. Apparently they thought he wasn't the future. Oooops.

A centre back with a good sense of positioning can last a lot longer than, say, a winger whose main asset is pace and who loses it with age.

John Terry is another fine example!

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What are you on about? What ego? 

I genuinely have no idea where people get this from. 

i think it's the gum. genuinely. i couldn't care less personally but i honestly reckon that because of it people think he's being too casual, which they then translate as him thinking of himself as a superstar or something

it's obviously bollocks, but it's just something people have gotten into their heads

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What are you on about? What ego? 

I genuinely have no idea where people get this from. 

Ego is the wrong word - the guy seems like a really good bloke.

It's the on pitch flamboyency.

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I can't help but feel this is one of those 'tell me you're racist without telling me you're racist' things. 

Bullshit and a poor accusation.

I would never say Konsa is flamboyant.

Is it possible most people judge players regardless of their skin colour?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s not poor on the ball.

He's actually good with the ball, just WAY too nonchalant sometimes. Said it a million times, Ming's has all the attributes to be a World Class CB.

It's his focus which lets him down at times!

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have no idea how you managed to extract THAT from the blokes post.

TBH it's what most people jump to now when someone says something about a POC that you don't agree with. It's an uneducated reponse

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have no idea how you managed to extract THAT from the blokes post.

The ironic thing is I actually think that bringing up racism when it’s completely unfounded and nobody thought it for a second is racist in itself! 

Anyway back on topic, I have a feeling Mings will be solid for us from now on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Bullshit and a poor accusation.

I would never say Konsa is flamboyant.

Is it possible most people judge players regardless of their skin colour?

Sorry,  I wasn't accusing you of that - more the general situation around him. All these accusations him being an ego etc. without any foundation or evidence - I can't see how people come to that sort of conclusion without some sort of discriminatory bias in their heads. 

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The ironic thing is I actually think that bringing up racism when it’s completely unfounded and nobody thought it for a second is racist in itself! 

Anyway back on topic, I have a feeling Mings will be solid for us from now on. 

Yup, I like how Gerrard is laying out standards and setting from the outset. No false buddy narrative.

Doesnt mean he'll have to be a prick to anybody.

This way, the relationship starts with a certain tone, no false sentiment pretenses.

They will know what is expected, and know why they are either in or out the team etc.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Sorry,  I wasn't accusing you of that - more the general situation around him. All these accusations him being an ego etc. without any foundation or evidence - I can't see how people come to that sort of conclusion without some sort of discriminatory bias in their heads. 

Mate their are white players which similar accusations are laid against.

So either way, it's a REACH.

We look for what we want. I used to say similar things about the Golden Boy, previously known as Mr. Aston Villa.

Unless I'm reverse racisming, which I'll then be told doesn't exist.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's actually good with the ball, just WAY too nonchalant sometimes. Said it a million times, Ming's has all the attributes to be a World Class CB.

It's his focus which lets him down at times!

Which is probably why he started his career as a LB.  His injuries and raw physical attributes eventually brought him to CB.  Thankfully your mental skills usually continue to increase throughout your career. So we could actually still him see him improve on his positioning and focus. 

Â