Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I don’t know if I even believe this myself and it’s rather controversial, but does anyone think Mings could be the problem, I kinda have something in the back of my mind that he’s a difficult character and possibly a bit of a bully, I don’t really have any evidence to back this up, maybe his stamps and body language, I don’t know I’m probably clutching at straws here but there is something about him I don’t truly trust. The players in the spuds game played with much more freedom like they weren’t scared but when Mings is in the team a almost like their scared of him.

Not for me. Has a winners mentality and has called out people when they've dropped on the pitch.

Not saying he's perfect but if we had more of his type in the dressing room we'd have at least five more points and be close to safety.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I don’t know if I even believe this myself and it’s rather controversial, but does anyone think Mings could be the problem, I kinda have something in the back of my mind that he’s a difficult character and possibly a bit of a bully, I don’t really have any evidence to back this up, maybe his stamps and body language, I don’t know I’m probably clutching at straws here but there is something about him I don’t truly trust. The players in the spuds game played with much more freedom like they weren’t scared but when Mings is in the team a almost like their scared of him.

I too have had these thoughts. But like you, can't be anywhere near certain about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

If Mings was playing in a better side where he wasn't having to defend every 5 minutes he wouldn't have so much scrutiny on him. 

He's a defender... Defend is what he is supposed to do.

If we are going to say this for Ming's, surely there is a similar argument which could exist for almost every other player on the pitch?

As a matter of fact there are "reputation" defenders who play in "better sides" and it actually masks the fact that they are not all that.

They often get exposed with pressure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I think Mings can't be excused for the run of consecutive defeats since their "winter piss up"

he's extremley ropey in the air and he seems to have so many off the field projects you have to question his commitment to the shirt.

go on twitter and he's either giving it the big one about doing up a shithole pub, trying to flog his soccer schools to star struck kids or posing on the beech. and the odd photo having a laugh in traing then the usual apologetic tweet for the latest half arsed attempt at a performance.

did he really have tonsillitus last weekend agasint spurs? or did he fancy a weekend off for a chance to nip to b&q for some diamond tiles sourced from spain made from recycled materials?

If mings is so good why is the defence so crap? the stats don't lie.

Can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic with this post or if you genuinely feel this way about him but it's quite appalling. 

5 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I'll have to wholeheartedly disagree with you on this. Don't mistake this as an attack on your opinion in any way but I don't think he's the problem at all. It's absolutely the guys around him. He's the only one I fully trust in this squad outside of Grealish. He's far from perfect but he's worked incredibly hard and earned the position he currently has. He is a leader, he is confident in his abilities and he demands a lot from the guys around him which shouldn't be taken as him bullying them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

£26 million though, really WTF?!

We paid a lot of money for him at the time, he’s forced his way in to the England squad and been linked with so called bigger teams. If we were to sell him now, I think we would get more than what we paid for him, Smith is obviously a big fan of him as am I. Mings has made some mistakes this season but it is his first full season in the Premier League, he will learn and become a better player as a result

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I'll have to wholeheartedly disagree with you on this. Don't mistake this as an attack on your opinion in any way but I don't think he's the problem at all. It's absolutely the guys around him. He's the only one I fully trust in this squad outside of Grealish. He's far from perfect but he's worked incredibly hard and earned the position he currently has. He is a leader, he is confident in his abilities and he demands a lot from the guys around him which shouldn't be taken as him bullying them.

Ok great it’s good to see someone else’s opinion, like I said I have no evidence or anything it’s just a thought in my head, I don’t mean as a traditional bully but he Definitely has a aura to him a little like Roy Keane had, I think obviously Keane had Fergie above him to reign him in, im not sure Smith would have that power over Mings. I’ve played with players with him before and it definitely makes you feel on edge, I think El Ghazi can’t deal with it, that’s why they had that running against Everton and possibly why he didn’t fancy it against Saints after playing a great game against spuds (no Mings in the team). 

• Like 1

He also wouldn't have to shout at the other players so much if any of the other centre backs, or players for that matter, talked. Mings, Drinkwater, Grealish. They're the only players you can watch during a game and see constantly communicating. 

Maybe Mings wouldn't come across as a bully to some people if the players around him weren't mutes.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 3

My only criticism of Mings is when he lets the ball bounce about 10 yards out.  I said in the match thread that we started the game on Saturday with Grealish running down the left and getting a cross in after 15 seconds and it looked like we were up for it.  Then the ball went up the other end and we conceded a corner from nothing because Mings did his thing of wanting to keep the ball in play.  Suddenly we look panicky as **** again, which gives the oppo encouragement.  I like the fact that he is vocal though and the rest of his game is class. 

9 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic with this post or if you genuinely feel this way about him but it's quite appalling. 

@screwdriver posts are usually an attempt at being funny and usually a failed attempt. Like this one.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's a defender... Defend is what he is supposed to do.

If we are going to say this for Ming's, surely there is a similar argument which could exist for almost every other player on the pitch?

As a matter of fact there are "reputation" defenders who play in "better sides" and it actually masks the fact that they are not all that.

They often get exposed with pressure.

John Terry was a top defender, he was never overworked and thats what Mings is. If he had better protection he wouldnt have to be on every moment and can concentrate on defending better

• Like 2

On 23/02/2020 at 22:14, Hobbit Feet said:

I just posted in the AEG thread, and I came to post something similar to this here.

Dont get me wrong, I think AEG was acting like an idiot for rolling around on the floor after what looked like minimal contact. I’ve expressed my displeasure at Wesleys feigning injury many a time, and this was worse than most of his efforts.

I also want to point out that I love the energy Mings brings to the side, and I think he’s been worth every penny spent on him , and more.

However, what he ( & Jack ) did to AEG quite frankly was nothing short of disgusting, bullying behaviour, and they both showed an extreme immaturity that should never be allowed to be repeated again.

Whether they think that he was exaggerating or not, does not excuse a public display of disapproval  like that. Deal with your shit in house. 
Especially coming from the man who decided to play on when clearly injured costing us a goal, and Jack - who seems to fall over at the slightest touch himself.  You show me a premier league footballer who doesn’t exaggerate their injury..

There is an appropriate time, and an appropriate way to deal with things.. and REAL leaders know this.  

Way to improve team morale Jack & Ty 👏🙄

Villa had Mings on loan for half a season before buying him.  If he was a bully or a "problem" they wouldn't have gone all out to sign him permanently.  Especially when they are one record as talking about players attitude being a big influencer on their buying strategy. 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 22:14, Hobbit Feet said:

Well, if the other players put in more of an effort - you know? Won every 50:50, ran for the ball, made full blooded challenges, threw themselves into the game and imposed themselves a bit more, maybe Tyrone could relax and not have to bellow at them so much...

I've got no problem with one of our most expensive ever signings and best centre backs we have had in ages finding fault with the players around him and letting them know it... We are in the shit and we need leaders and commitment...

Now people are complaining that one of our most influential players actually demands his team-mates do their best, and takes charge? 

WOW. Some of our fans deserve relegation LOL. 

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Good player. Gifts a near goal scoring chance nearly every week which will stop him becoming top talent. How much of that is a product of him having to do too much at times I don't know. But it's got to happen less 

If he was playing behind a solid mid-field alongside a quality CB I don't think you would see as many mistakes. He has too much to do some games. As to him giving stick to other players, I'm just fine with that. It shows he cares.

If Villa can't avoid the drop I think you will see a few Prem teams interested in him.

• Like 1

Â