Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

If Villa can't avoid the drop I think you will see a few Prem teams interested in him.

100%. I'd say it's almost a certainty that him and Grealish would leave for Prem teams if we go down.

McGinn is probably the next most-likely to leave, but with his injury, he might not attract as much interest, and could possibly be held onto.

20 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

If he was playing behind a solid mid-field alongside a quality CB I don't think you would see as many mistakes. He has too much to do some games. As to him giving stick to other players, I'm just fine with that. It shows he cares.

If Villa can't avoid the drop I think you will see a few Prem teams interested in him.

I think this is a big part of it, everyone makes mistakes but playing in a better team he would be faced with maybe 10 incidents per game where he is actualy involved in doing something to prevent a shot/chance. At present teams are managing over 20 shots every single game against us and he is probaby involved in 20-30 incidents per game that can result in a shot/goal. If he gets caught out 1 in every 20 chances he would maybe make a mistake every 2/3/4 games in a better team but 1 in 20 for us is pretty much every week

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thug said:

I just posted in the AEG thread, and I came to post something similar to this here.

Dont get me wrong, I think AEG was acting like an idiot for rolling around on the floor after what looked like minimal contact. I’ve expressed my displeasure at Wesleys feigning injury many a time, and this was worse than most of his efforts.

I also want to point out that I love the energy Mings brings to the side, and I think he’s been worth every penny spent on him , and more.

However, what he ( & Jack ) did to AEG quite frankly was nothing short of disgusting, bullying behaviour, and they both showed an extreme immaturity that should never be allowed to be repeated again.

Whether they think that he was exaggerating or not, does not excuse a public display of disapproval  like that. Deal with your shit in house. 
Especially coming from the man who decided to play on when clearly injured costing us a goal, and Jack - who seems to fall over at the slightest touch himself.  You show me a premier league footballer who doesn’t exaggerate their injury..

There is an appropriate time, and an appropriate way to deal with things.. and REAL leaders know this.  

Way to improve team morale Jack & Ty 👏🙄

I disagree. If we are ever going to get rid of this disgusting behaviour of feigning an injury to get another player yellow carded then it needs to come from the players & if public embarrassment is what it takes, so be it.

The response that "all the other kids do it" is what I expect from my six year old grandchild.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I disagree. If we are ever going to get rid of this disgusting behaviour of feigning an injury to get another player yellow carded then it needs to come from the players & if public embarrassment is what it takes, so be it.

The response that "all the other kids do it" is what I expect from my six year old grandchild.

Then same rule applies to all.

next time jack falls over at the slightest touch (foul or no foul), I expect all our players to walk over and wave their arms around.

Because like you said, just cuz Ronaldo/drogba/robben did it, doesn’t mean it’s ok for jack. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Thug said:

next time jack falls over at the slightest touch (foul or no foul), I expect all our players to walk over and wave their arms around.

Let's see if Jack carries on if he gets brushed across the cheek shall we? Then yes, you can give him a right old booing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Because like you said, just cuz Ronaldo/drogba/robben did it, doesn’t mean it’s ok for jack. 

Whether they think that he was exaggerating or not, does not excuse a public display of disapproval  like that. Deal with your shit in house. 

You are talking about "dealing with sh*t in house", wtf?

Should they have asked for a timeout to go into the tunnel or training rooms to speak to Anwar?

This incident happened ON THE PITCH, at a time where we needed urgency and were desperately trying to get back into the game for all the obvious reasons.

I genuinely don't understand the mentality.

These are all grown ass men, professional athletes fighting for a cause, and you think them communicating with, or showing frustration for the benefit of the team is bullying?

Players remonstrate with each other all the time ffs, what kind of twilight zone have I woken up in?

It's a passionate game!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You are talking about "dealing with sh*t in house", wtf?

Should they have asked for a timeout to go into the tunnel or training rooms to speak to Anwar?

I genuinely don't understand the mentality.

These are all grown ass men, professional athletes fighting for a cause, and you think them communicating with, or showing frustration for the benefit of the team is bullying?

Players remonstrate with each other all the time ffs, what kind of twilight zone have I woken up in?

It's a passionate game!

wtf are you on about?

Benefit of the team? How was that in ANY way for the benefit of the team? 

that was for no-ones benefit except their own egos.

go over and encourage him up by all means. Remonstrate with each other is fine. ‘You should have passed’ or ‘you’re not pulling your weight’

To tell the physio to stay off the **** pitch because he’s a faking bastard?
I have NEVER seen that before. 

trying to pick him up to push him off the field?

And time out? Who said time out? 

let him get his treatment then at half time you tell him to grow a pair.  What was the urgency? Was it the 90th minute? It was a corner, game had stopped. And here were two grown assed men humiliating their own team mate.

i suggest you watch it again and try not to cringe at any one of the three.  Appalling behaviour all round.

Edited by Thug

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Let's see if Jack carries on if he gets brushed across the cheek shall we? Then yes, you can give him a right old booing.

I think it has been established that Jack will laugh, get back up and carry on if someone runs up behind him and punches him in the head, so I suspect a brush across the cheek would seem like tender affection to him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thug said:

wtf are you on about?

Benefit of the team? How was that in ANY way for the benefit of the team? 

that was for no-ones benefit except their own egos.

go over and encourage him up by all means. Remonstrate with each other is fine. ‘You should have passed’ or ‘you’re not pulling your weight’

To tell the physio to stay off the **** pitch because he’s a faking bastard?

trying to pick him up to push him off the field?

And time out? Who said time out? 

let him get his treatment then at half time you tell him to grow a pair.  What was the urgency? Was it the 90th minute? It was a corner, game had stopped. And here were two grown assed men humiliating their own team mate.

i suggest you watch it again and try not to cringe at any one of the three.  Appalling behaviour all round.

You're making a mountian out of a molehill! Just as El Ghazi does when he is tackled! Rolling around like that when we're in a scrap for survival. I'm still of the opinion he could have carried on and I'm inclined to agree with the actions of Jack and Tyrone to get on with the damn game! 

• Like 1

Thought he did really well today, gets missed as we've become so used to it. He was less casual on the ball today but I am really not a fan of his long balls, but rather that than him taking too long to make a short pass and putting us under pressure!

Defending I thought he was really strong today, no nonsense and better decisions in the air by and large too. Love him..

• Like 2

Â