Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He probably should have got sent off but f**k it we deserve a bit of luck for once. 

I’m sure I would have been screaming for it the other way but equally don’t think he could have got his hand out the way! But that’s certainly true on deserving some luck.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He probably should have got sent off but f**k it we deserve a bit of luck for once. 

I actually don't get that. Aren't you supposed to have your hands some where? Shooting a ball into a players hands is very different from a hand actively seeking the ball. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually don't get that. Aren't you supposed to have your hands some where? Shooting a ball into a players hands is very different from a hand actively seeking the ball. 

the rules changed at the start of this season.     

yes, the new rule is now stupid.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That’s what I thought at the time but when watching it again it seemed he had plenty of time to try to move his arm and left it there deliberately. He admitted it himself afterwards that it should have been a yellow card. 

This may have already been mentioned in the match thread but for ‘his’ goal last night, did anyone else notice Mings actually dives in the box? Its the most blatant dive ever but the beauty of it is, the dive itself sets off a chain reaction where the ball falls to Konsa who hits it against Mings as he’s coming out of the dive. If Mings hadn’t dived, Konsa’s shot probably would have gone straight through to Foster but it’s that beautiful attempt at simulation that has won us the match. 

Finally, justice for what happened at Palace. 

Rewatch it, it’s genius. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This may have already been mentioned in the match thread but for ‘his’ goal last night, did anyone else notice Mings actually dives in the box? Its the most blatant dive ever but the beauty of it is, the dive itself sets off a chain reaction where the ball falls to Konsa who hits it against Mings as he’s coming out of the dive. If Mings hadn’t dived, Konsa’s shot probably would have gone straight through to Foster but it’s that beautiful attempt at simulation that has won us the match. 

Rewatch it, it’s genius. 

Thanks god Kevin Friend wasn’t refereeing then! 

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s what I thought at the time but when watching it again it seemed he had plenty of time to try to move his arm and left it there deliberately. He admitted it himself afterwards that it should have been a yellow card. 

if its a free kick then its a yellow card

whether or not its a free kick is up for interpretation (not for me) but for Atkinson to give it and then not book him is shit reffing

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if its a free kick then its a yellow card

whether or not its a free kick is up for interpretation (not for me) but for Atkinson to give it and then not book him is shit reffing

All hand ball are yellow's now? That can't be the rule. Ball to hand is still at the refs discretion unless it results in nullifying or creating a goal.  At least that is how I understand the rule. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

All hand ball are yellow's now? That can't be the rule. Ball to hand is still at the refs discretion unless it results in nullifying or creating a goal.  At least that is how I understand the rule. 

knocking it past him on a break in to space?

that's a yellow, same as if he'd obstructed him or fouled him

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

...and the yellows for the badgering and surrounding of the ref afterwards for a good minute or two.

The most not commital performance from a ref I think I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rewatch it, it’s genius. 

You can see Konsa post match on the pitch saying exactly that to him making the diving gesture with his hands. Mings is just staring at him like "dude the cameras are on STFU bro!" 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Just re-read the rule.  As you mentioned if it's a promising attack thwarted then it's a yellow. I guess the ref didn't see it as a promising attack. He did knock quite a way forward. The argument could be made Reina gets to that ball well before Deulofeu. 

Being that Mings's hands were in a natural position and it looked like ball to hand.  The ref could have just waved play on.  But if he blows the whistle then he probably should give the yellow card.  

Â