Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why does he bottle it against Bournemouth? 

Agent Mings 😉 He just didn't look right at all today, he pulled up a bit in the second half on Tuesday, I hope he isn't having to play through injury.  Could have just been a bad day at the office.

The only time he cleared the ball instead of doin his pretty little Cruyff turn... The rest is history! 

I like the bloke but he really thinks he's actually better than he really is. 

Reminds me of me in the kitchen, just shouts and points a lot! 

• Haha 1

As someone pointed out he could of been just trying to hard, easy to make mistakes then when your trying to impress your club or trying to get one over your old club. Should of just been playing football instead and concentrating on his job which was keeping the goals out of Villas net.

19 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'm gonna put part of the blame for their second goal on him, his attempt to clear the ball after the FK hit the wall was abysmal.

Why only part? It was all down to him. Amateur mistake in making a clearance. I can't believe he did that.

He's so important to us, and yet, he lets us down so often. Winds me up like no other player. He's just not reliable, as a top CB should be.

18 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Couldn't stop hoofing, thought he was trying the Hollywood ball but it turned out to be pretty aimless and played straight into Bournemouth's hands.

It was really windy as well so god knows why we kept hoofing it high and long for the wind to catch it 

I'm also not sure what he was thinking fouling Fraser so far from the box that got him and booking and led to the first goal.Very poor day for him 

The had a guy on him as soon as he got the ball and put pressure on him instantly as they knew we want him to be the guy who distribute it from the back.

Instead of trying to find our payers on the flanks he hoofed it central where Billings predictably won everything in the air. Poor by him and something Smith should have adjusted as it clearly wasn't working.

Defensively, we rely too much on Mings (he needs a steady partner who is not too inferior to him, I think we need to re-establish his partnership with Engels) and we rely too much on Grealish for attacking & creativity. The load needs to be shared and others need to step up and be encouraged to do so.

Nakamba battles to win back possession in midfield (can’t expect much more from an out and out DM) but can’t do that alone either. The only guy who seems to be able to hold onto the ball is Grealish but he needs help and support.

Something needs to change. Maybe a return to a 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2. 

Since we changed to 5 defenders, we have become more cagey and overpowered more easily. We’ve managed to get a few results but I’m not sure whether it’s a long term solution. We don’t have the strength or physicality in midfield to just have the 2 in there. It’s a shame we have been so restricted and couldn’t add a strong, quality player in that department (like an N’zonzi) so we will have to make use of Drinkwater. He wasn’t bad against Watford and seemed to enable Nakamba to perform really well. Luiz can get forward and help create and link with Grealish if needed or continue with his cameos from the bench if we decide to stick Jack in CAM or SS.

We looked decent at the start of the season but a run of tough games and losses knocked our confidence & belief plus the injuries to key players. We miss McGinn (as we have & would miss Mings & Grealish) badly.

Samatta was one positive from the last game at least.

Edited by Jas10

Â