Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Another game he misses we concede 3. Spurs weren't even that good yet could've scored 5 or 6 very easily. Dele Alli missed three good chances alone.

Why we didn't get another safety first, experienced defender in either transfer window is beyond me. Feels like the defence is constantly build like a piece of string. One injury and causes total chaos.

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't fathom how people can watch that shitshow at the back today, and doubt how important Mings is to us. Even if it's just calming people down. The difference is night and day.

Yeah said it elsewhere but attempting to play the offside line was a disaster today, look at the amount of times Son and Moura just checked their runs and ran through on goal. I can't believe it would've been as bad with Mings telling them when to push up or tuck in. Guy is a born leader and winner and we simply don't have many of them out on the pitch. Gives confidence to others around him etc.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 16:39, HanoiVillan said:

I can't fathom how people can watch that shitshow at the back today, and doubt how important Mings is to us. Even if it's just calming people down. The difference is night and day.

This. Mings is a massive player for us and the defence, on the vast majority of occasions, looks worse when he is not in the team.

We need him back ASAP.

• Like 1

I think Mings can't be excused for the run of consecutive defeats since their "winter piss up"

he's extremley ropey in the air and he seems to have so many off the field projects you have to question his commitment to the shirt.

go on twitter and he's either giving it the big one about doing up a shithole pub, trying to flog his soccer schools to star struck kids or posing on the beech. and the odd photo having a laugh in traing then the usual apologetic tweet for the latest half arsed attempt at a performance.

did he really have tonsillitus last weekend agasint spurs? or did he fancy a weekend off for a chance to nip to b&q for some diamond tiles sourced from spain made from recycled materials?

If mings is so good why is the defence so crap? the stats don't lie.

22 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Might be againt the common theme here , but I think he has been found out at times in the Premier League and rated a bit to highly.Maybe got nothing to work with him by his side to, but switches off to often.

I agree. He's the best defender of the bunch that's for sure but he's not really a standout either. He's a solid PL CB atm, nothing more. He just needs to work on his consistency because he can be great on a day but on another be just as prone to errors as the other defenders. There was a time earlier in the season where it was him doing all the errors as well.

Which is why I don't think anyone will be coming for him for much more than we paid for him in the event we go down. He's not really young and I think for 30m or more most PL clubs will go for someone much younger or a defender who has shown he can do the business better than Mings. He'll probably stay with us.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

I don’t know if I even believe this myself and it’s rather controversial, but does anyone think Mings could be the problem, I kinda have something in the back of my mind that he’s a difficult character and possibly a bit of a bully, I don’t really have any evidence to back this up, maybe his stamps and body language, I don’t know I’m probably clutching at straws here but there is something about him I don’t truly trust. The players in the spuds game played with much more freedom like they weren’t scared but when Mings is in the team a almost like their scared of him.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 2

If Mings was playing in a better side where he wasn't having to defend every 5 minutes he wouldn't have so much scrutiny on him. The 1st 10 mins of the game against Southampton show how immense he usually is. The amount of defending and clearances from that opening, most top 6 club defenders wouldn't have to deal with all game, maybe, 2 games. 

He can get a bit over confident on the ball at times but damn! 

• Like 1

The first 8 mins leading up to the goal they peppered our box with cross's and shots he was constantly getting blocks in and heading it away .He was the only reason it took them 8 mins to score .Now he does have some issues and its worth remembering that he himself is not that experienced at this level but he is  comfortably our best CB

• Like 3

Â