Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who has said this and where? 

I'm not about to go searching for it but there were some posts suggesting we would continue adding the likes of Butland and Phillips at £20m+ a time.

Based on the spend to date and the number of players they were saying we still needed it would have been in the region of £180. My response was in part flippant, I just couldn't comprehend how people thought we would continue to add players at those prices.

Events since have suggested we won't.

It categorically wasn't you in case you thought I was implying that although I can't recall who it was.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So is he injured?, bit weird to not to see him literally at all on the most recent training vid?

Don't think they would let him go white water rafting if he was injured! 

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So is he injured?, bit weird to not to see him literally at all on the most recent training vid?

It's not uncommon for players to be rested for the odd training session to manage fatigue/muscle damage. For example, his muscles may be sore, so rather then risk serious injury it's better to get them to sit out. 

According to our most prolific forward signing in decades..States weve made a big big mistake  

Cascarino said about Mings on the Weekend Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Saturday morning (7:48am, July 13, 2019): “I have got my worries about this. I actually think he will be a miss.

“I think he has done brilliant for them in the Championship and got up, but the Premier League and the challenge defensively for Villa, they have got to be sound. I think Tyrone is going to have a very average season.”

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, swollef said:

According to our most prolific forward signing in decades..States weve made a big big mistake  

Cascarino said about Mings on the Weekend Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Saturday morning (7:48am, July 13, 2019): “I have got my worries about this. I actually think he will be a miss.

“I think he has done brilliant for them in the Championship and got up, but the Premier League and the challenge defensively for Villa, they have got to be sound. I think Tyrone is going to have a very average season.”

Well Cascarino is a world authority on very average seasons isn't he! 

11 minutes ago, swollef said:

This wasn't even an "average" article.

He literally said whole lot of nothing.

9 hours ago, swollef said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2d7ac53666453141

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, swollef said:

Wouldnt an average season mean he was OK. I am happy for my defenders to be that

• Like 1

Guys we need to stop caring what shit pundits have to say about our players let along post them on here.

Mings was a beast in the Championship and it he can do the same in the top flight he will be a massive player for us. But we all know the jury is out like it is with most of the team.

We don’t need Tony ******** Cascorino to tell us anything.  

Â