Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Different circumstances, different test. 

It was as much Jack’s return to the side which sparked the crazy winning spree as his captainship, and you’d best believe Jack doesn’t need motivation to play for the Villa.

Just no need to make this change. It’s like Gerrard and Carragher - Jack leading by example in midfield, Mings with the passion and organisation at the back. Don’t need to strip one of the armband and hand it to the other. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Your poor attempts at sarcasm are just that poor. Your blind reading only seeing what you hope will prove your wrongful point is just as poor.

Never mind 🙄

Ok, I wasnt  going to bother but...since the Post I’ve quoted here is total gobbledegook ......

I stated I couldn’t believe anyone was less than thoroughly delighted.

You said “ who are these people”

I quoted your Post which people can judge for themselves whether it showed you as being “ thoroughly delighted”.

I Then also asked if you were indeed “:thoroughly delighted” ( you gave a a rather  feeble answer, which, again people can judge for themselves whether you seized the opportunity to express your “ thorough delight”.)

Then you told me I’m sarcastic.

You didn’t have to ask me” who are these people”....you couldve said nowt.

You could’ve stuck by your guns and said “ I’m not thoroughly delighted”. 

Or you could said I’d misunderstood the bit I quoted and said you are thoroughly delighted.

Instead, you’ve tried to have all three, and then had a go at me aswell. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Different circumstances, different test. 

It was as much Jack’s return to the side which sparked the crazy winning spree as his captainship, and you’d best believe Jack doesn’t need motivation to play for the Villa.

Indeed, I’m not questioning his motivation in the slightest....I’m applauding his motivational contribution.

Im sure Mings would be the same.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

🤔 so when you say "we" it's ok but if I say it, I'm suggesting that I'm directly paying out of my own pocket ? 

Bizarre thinking going on right there.

I'm pretty sure FFP is still an issue for premier league teams ? So over paying 25% for players will be an issue for Aston Villa football club.

Same arguments happened on relegation and spent 50 or 60 million, then all of a sudden it's an issue after people wanted us to just chuck money at every target.

We need 6 or 7 more players for the 1st team squad at least, not sure aston villa football  club ( didn't want to suggest I owned the club be saying 'we' ) can afford to over pay 25% on another 6 or 7 players without it effecting things.

We've got good value in el ghazi, hause and jota. We may over pay on a couple but so far i think we are doing brilliant business.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

It”s not a game of Football Manager.

’Pants down’, ‘bum raped’ ... such strong terms without even knowing the full details. At the current reported prices for players, if Mings does okay-ish in the PL for us, the supposed fee is okay; decent or above and £20m is a relative bargain.

Even those fixated on fees should at least wait until Mings has performed (or not!) for a Villa PL season before making such prematurely extreme declarations.

I'm going on the price we have paid for an unwanted player with a horrific injury record for Bournemouth.

We signed el ghazi for under 6 million are we not expecting much from him as he didn't cost 20 million ? 

If mings was a regular for Bournemouth and they had just signed a better player for more then I would think 20 million for a 1st team day squad player was a bit high. For me that is top 6 prices to below top 6.

Just think it's a very high price bearing in mind the circumstances.

He was always coming here once we won the final, he made that quite clear he fell in love with the club and the fans and he also made it quite clear he was like an adult playing against kids in most matches.

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Considering we could have bought him outright for ~8 million in January and considered that too much of a risk, to spend 20-25 million on him now is mind boggling.  I love Mings and think he can potentially be a club legend and an England international, if he stays healthy this season, but FFS...  20+ million for a player with serious injuries in his past and who has only played 4 months of solid football over the past 3 seasons??? Bournemouth won the lottery here.

They apparently wanted £15m for him back in Jan according to Laurie Whitwell (not sure how reliable he is?) So given how he did for us, it's not surprising they raised that.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

I'm going on the price we have paid for an unwanted player with a horrific injury record for Bournemouth.

We signed el ghazi for under 6 million are we not expecting much from him as he didn't cost 20 million ? 

If mings was a regular for Bournemouth and they had just signed a better player for more then I would think 20 million for a 1st team day squad player was a bit high. For me that is top 6 prices to below top 6.

Just think it's a very high price bearing in mind the circumstances.

He was always coming here once we won the final, he made that quite clear he fell in love with the club and the fans and he also made it quite clear he was like an adult playing against kids in most matches.

He wasn't unwanted. He was really wanted by a newly rich promoted team. 

The last part has nothing to do with it. If anything his desire to join us and us falling in love with him probably played a key part in the price being so high

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've got good value in el ghazi, hause and jota. We may over pay on a couple but so far i think we are doing brilliant business.

As long as it doesnt become the expected from selling clubs is my issue.

A star player from a team you can understand an inflated price, while mings dare I say it, put in GOD like performances in 90% of the games he played for us, was an injured player who didn't play for Bournemouth.

I don’t know which defenders we could realistically buy for this sort of price (or less) who could be considered better, be a near certainty to be settled at the club and be premier league “proven”.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just no need to make this change. It’s like Gerrard and Carragher - Jack leading by example in midfield, Mings with the passion and organisation at the back. Don’t need to strip one of the armband and hand it to the other. 

Fair. I’d prefer this discussion over self flagellation about money though. I’m just glad he’s here. 

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You would drop a Captain who has never lost a match and whose appointment coincided precisely to us getting promotion ? Brave man !

He (Jack) has lost a match. We lost to Albion. Just because we won on pens, still means he lost a match. 

Tyrone knows he won’t be captain, but he’ll still be a leader on the pitch as he was this year.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He wasn't unwanted. He was really wanted by a newly rich promoted team. 

The last part has nothing to do with it. If anything his desire to join us and us falling in love with him probably played a key part in the price being so high

I said Bournemouth didn't want him 🙄

If the rising to £26m fee is true it puts Mings in the top ten of most expensive English players!

Market value is based on a the existing market conditions combined with what somebody is willing to sell for and what somebody was willing to pay. In this case Bournemouth and Aston Villa reached a value of £20m.

It's kinda boring to bleet on about it. It's a shame the game has come to this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

If the rising to £26m fee is true it puts Mings in the top ten of most expensive English players!

If that’s the case then Darren Bent must have occupied a spot high up on the list for a fair few years.

I'm happy with the fee. It's lower risk than signing 'someone cheaper from Europe' as we know his attitude, mentality and his ability. Plus he'll be super determined to prove himself in the PL. Everyone will probably try and rip us off purely because our squad is paper thin.

Bournemouth fan's view:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/ca813q/aston_villa_have_agreed_a_26m_deal_to_sign_tyrone/et6wpxu?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Oh and he **** loves the club!
Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Â